Page 92 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1573

Saw this on a youtube comment for Evolution of Invisible Woman in movies and cartoons and found it interesting.

The ability sue demonstrates is the ability to bend and manipulate be complete electromagnetic force
    And maybe even dark energy.

But for now let's just leave it
    At what we know she can manipulate the entire electromagnetic spectrum.

That's how she can create Shields
    And Bend light.

That being the case Sue is not showing anywhere near her potential.

Any type of energy weapon directed at her or her allies
    It would be a simple enough task to bend it back in the direction of her enemies.

Outdoors Sue would be incredibly dangerous hey well especially in the daytime.
    Imagine a giant magnifying glass
    The size of her largest Dome and focusing it into beam about the size of a pencil and then she would be able to make
    The light into a coherent beam
    A giant solar powered laser is that she cannot only direct anywhere
    But she can bend it around corners are in circles.

She could also take ambient radio waves and turn them into microwave a coherent beam of microwave energy I could destroy any Electronics are cook popcorn really really fast.

Incidentally the emdrive
    If it really works and there is evidence that it does.
    She could create that affect naturally.

Faster-than-light travel
    Creating a bubble
    And watch the entire electromagnetic spectrum
    Passes around you is one of the ways faster-than-light travel is possible and there are many people researching this.

Finally unlimited energy storage
    Imaginal light being bouncing around the room with perfect mirrors we have the technology for this now but we could only use it for one wave wavelength.
    And bend light into a circle
    You have a solar battery that keeps charging where's an almost infinite storage.
    This only reinforces to me that in terms of power Sue doesn't need a boost or power-up, just more creative applications.

What I also like is that most of these suggestions are based of her invisibility power that has taken a backseat to her force-fields over the years. It would be nice to have that part of her powerset get some more attention. She is called Invisible Woman after all.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-13-2018 at 01:20 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Spectacular Member

It’s frickin’ comic books. They give a middle finger to science on a nearly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    It’s frickin’ comic books. They give a middle finger to science on a nearly basis.
    I used that as an example of how a writer could get more creative with her powers. Not that they should be more based in real world science.

There are concepts that a writer could have some fun with in regards to her powers. The last time I saw really creative use of invisibility was in Marvel Knights 4 where she trapped ambient light to use as a torch. It wasn't a big spectacle, but still really cool.

EDIT: This is what I'm talking about.

It wasn't a massive, planet breaking spectacle. It was just a really creative use of her ability to bend light. I want more things like that, more creativity. As you said comic books break science all the time, so that means that you can really get crazy with what some heroes can do.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-13-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Has a woman ever written Susan? Like not just a throw away line like “look over there” but had a woman ever written fantastic four?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Has a woman ever written Susan? Like not just a throw away line like “look over there” but had a woman ever written fantastic four?
    No a woman has never written the main Fantastic Four book.

There have been times the team guest appeared in other books written by women, like in Marjorie Liu's Daken run and also her X-23 run. I wonder if she liked the team considering she put them in two of her runs.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-16-2018 at 06:03 AM.

Oh well that’s something fun to look forward to at least

I see so many characters getting solo's and mini's and I'm just here wondering when it's going to finally be Sue's turn.

It’s a bold new day. Once they’ve reestablished the FF in the marvel u, I reckon chances of a solo are very high!

They should really bring susan’s Mum back in the comics. I remember in the ultimate universe she was evil but in 616 she was killed off (but then again who hasn’t been). It would be fun to see what sort of grandma she would be to Franklin and Valeria

That gives me an idea. Val visits "Uncle" Doom (with a protesting Franklin in tow) and uses his time platform. They end up 25 years in the past, meet their gran, who mistakes Val for Sue (who would be a teenager at the time), thinking Frank is a new boyfriend (she could say something like "I'm glad you found someone nearer your own age, Reed's much too old for you", since he's a fair bit older). The truth would come out of course when they meet teen Sue and toddler Johnny. Of course, before they leave, Franklin has to warp reality to make the past Storms forget that Frank and Val were ever there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That's cute. I remember a back up story in an annual, perhaps, in the '70s, where the Four encountered the original Captain Marvel (pre his death) and had a whimsical and funny time travel story. I think they kept running into past previous versions in a limited time loop with Mar-Vell.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Also, it seems like Gail Simone will be writing Alicia's bachelorette party. So we'll have a female writer writing Sue very soon!

I can't wait to see Sue kick ass again in the issue 3 next month.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-25-2018 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That gives me an idea. Val visits "Uncle" Doom (with a protesting Franklin in tow) and uses his time platform. They end up 25 years in the past, meet their gran, who mistakes Val for Sue (who would be a teenager at the time), thinking Frank is a new boyfriend (she could say something like "I'm glad you found someone nearer your own age, Reed's much too old for you", since he's a fair bit older). The truth would come out of course when they meet teen Sue and toddler Johnny. Of course, before they leave, Franklin has to warp reality to make the past Storms forget that Frank and Val were ever there.
    Speaking about age differences, what's the difference between Sue and Johnny???

I don't think we ever got their age number. I know Sue was aged up a bit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It would make sense for heroes to have different relationships with each member of the Fantastic Four. We see so much of Ben and Reed doing that and even Johnny to a lesser extent. Sue needs to get out there and mingle.

What about a six issue Two-In-One arc where Sue stars with other heroes of the Marvel Universe and gets her own "Project Pegasus" type story?
    No it doesn't and it doesn't happen with Ben and Reed and Johnny. They are are a very tight family and rarely split up outside of Two and One. And 2-1 wasn't relationship driven.

Seeing any of them without the rest of the family is a real downer and makes little to no sense whatsoever. Susan Richards is plenty busy when she is not dead. She has a husband, two children, two "brothers" that live with them, and is running around the multiverse with them.

She is a powerful female character and she is not going to take a stroll to Storm's house for crumpets and tea. She is a powerful matriarch and as the head of the most powerful household in the Marvel Universe the world comes to her, where she holds court.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Speaking about age differences, what's the difference between Sue and Johnny???

I don't think we ever got their age number. I know Sue was aged up a bit.
    We never did. We know Sue's been taking care of Johnny after their mother died so she was definitely 18 (or should have been) after that. There was that pseudo-creepy scene from back when Reed was going to college and trooming with Sue and Johnny's aunt and Sue as a kid looks googly-eyed at Reed.

Even Reed and Ben are iffy. Ben's at least as old as Reed depending on how early Reed entered college, but it seems Reed was Ben's age based on recent MTIO stories.

I get your point about the team's ages, but once adulthood is hit, it becomes a lot less important to pin down unlike the kids where age is a huge part of their characters. Was Reed 35 or 40 at the time of the flight? Doesn't really matter.