Page 54 of 105 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I need to temper my excitement because it's just one picture of her and Marvel hasn't announced anything. Please, please let this be true. Because if she comes back, Reed and the kids can't be far behind.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

It really looks like art from Avengers "Time Runs Out" or the start of Secret Wars. Just a sample of his amazing pencils and trolling fans of the FF, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I need to temper my excitement because it's just one picture of her and Marvel hasn't announced anything. Please, please let this be true. Because if she comes back, Reed and the kids can't be far behind.
    It's likely just a flashback for Two-in-One from this scene in Secret Wars/Time Runs Out:

https://i.imgur.com/a1VBuJd.jpg

I shouldn't have got excited.

Last edited by Crimz; 09-08-2017 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It's likely just a flashback for Two-in-One from this scene in Secret Wars/Time Runs Out:

I shouldn't have got excited.
    The cynic may think Marvel is just teasing us. Personally, the more Marvel gets into pushing the return, the more real the actual comeback becomes to me. I still believe the FF's coming back and that it's coming soon.

Of course, they did push and renege on Miracleman, so...

Keep an open mind. Be forgiving. Positive thoughts.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

It could be just a curve ball to trick us and then we will be in for a big letdown....

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I never saw the scene with Wolverine. She looks scarey as she stands there with her eyes ... sorta invisible too...

Is that from an X-Men comic or where?
    Nah that's from a Wolverine storyline called Enemy of the State. He also fought some other heroes like Daredevil, Elektra, Northstar and a C-lister named Hornet.

I believe it's collected as a trade.

was it ever brought up afterwards; that Logan killed Hornet? currently, there's a new Hornet with ties to the deceased. but I haven't read any of that story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    was it ever brought up afterwards; that Logan killed Hornet? currently, there's a new Hornet with ties to the deceased. but I haven't read any of that story.
    A few times, mostly within the WOLVERINE Comics that starred Logan himself, although I did recall Ricochet commenting about Hornet's death to his ex-partner Prodigy within the AVENGERS ACADEMY Series.

I posted this in the Revamp a hero thread and decided to post it here too.

Here's how I'd revamp Sue:

Invisible Woman

Origin

It stays pretty much the same. The only difference is that she didn't finish medical school because she had problems doing it as well as raising Johnny, this plus the situation with her father may effect her confidence. This would explain why she had a lack of confidence in her Invisible Girl days.
    She wanted to be a surgeon like her father because that's how she remembered him best before he went to prison, as a brilliant surgeon and father. She joins Reed on the rocket because she has a love for adventure at heart and she's a bit of a adrenaline junkie (but she'd never admit it). Being an adrenaline junkie should be a Storm family trait.
    I wouldn't really change anything else from her early days of the FF as part of what makes her great is her growth from then.

Present Sue Storm-Richards

She's always wanted to complete her medical training, but commitments to the FF and her kids prevented that. Now that the kids are old enough to not need her 24/7 she decides to finally go back to school and finish it. There are several ways this can be done, but for convenience I'll say that she does her training with the Future Foundation while they are off rebuilding the multiverse. The foundation should have the things required for training and it is a legal educational institution, likely the best on Earth. The time it takes can also be subverted as space/time can easily run differently so that it feels like 20 years have passed, but no aging has occurred. When the Fantastic Four come back she could be a fully fledged doctor/surgeon.

Some worry that making her a doctor would infringe on Reeds scientific territory, but it won't. Reed's main field is physics and his job doesn't require being with many people often as he often shuts himself away from the world, that's the opposite of what Sue's field would be. Being a doctor/surgeon requires interacting with many people and being personable like Sue really helps. She won't be a cold, fact-only scientist she'd be an approachable doctor.

Skills

Trained doctor/surgeon
    Martial arts (trained by Iron Fist)
    Some acting

Powers

Her powers are great as is and they continually grow naturally as time goes on. I'll just keep up that gradual growth and make her use her invisibility powers more often and creatively. Her powers also make her able to perform meticulous surgical operations.

The Goal of all this

The goal is for her to not only have a useful role on the Fantastic Four, but also for her to be involved outside of the team. She is the member who rarely appears in other books away from the others and that needs to change. Her being a doctor/surgeon paired with her powers make her an invaluable asset to the greater Marvel Universe. She'd be able to operate on super-powered beings with durable skin as she can make it invisible and use her force-fields internally. This means she'd be the go-to doctor for a lot of superheroes and super-powered civilians.

I'd make a book about her opening her own surgery for Super-powered individuals along with Night Nurse and Cecelia Reyes. They'd treat hero, villain, human, mutant, alien, inhuman and anyone who needs help. Sometimes they'd have to go onto the field of battle to help out which come with it's own unique complications. I think that it would be a great book that can tackle some interesting concepts, like the ethics of treating villains or how to handle groups that hate each other (Inhumans and Mutants).

Hope this all makes sense and hope that people like this idea. I've been thinking about it for a long time.

We know that Sue can change the size, shape and texture of her force-fields, but can she change the frequency of them?

It was mentioned that she can damage Celestials because her force-fields are on the same frequency as them and so they resonate with them. Her being able to instinctively change the frequency/vibrations of her force-fields may explain why she is able to block things like telepathy and telekinesis. Her being able to control this may lead to her being able to defend from things like teleportation and phasing, the weakness would be that she has to find the correct frequency/vibration to resonate which may take precious moments of time in a fight. It may also open her up to other attacks, if the force-fields are on a frequency that blocks teleporting they may not be able to block phasing or telepathy.

It's a way that makes her force-fields even more proficient, but it also has it's weaknesses so that she isn't OP. I've been thinking about oit for a while and saw a post on reddit that had a similar idea. It'd be a bit similar to this (only need to read the first paragraph): http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Shield_frequency
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-19-2017 at 08:06 AM.

I don't know if this applies to Sue's force fields or not, but I have heard force fields described as constantly shifting energy or molecules, creating random patterns and it is due to this constant movement that makes them impervious to breach. I guess sort of a wave form of energy?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I don't know if this applies to Sue's force fields or not, but I have heard force fields described as constantly shifting energy or molecules, creating random patterns and it is due to this constant movement that makes them impervious to breach. I guess sort of a wave form of energy?
    Maybe. Her force-fields seem to have no molecular structure, because of this it also blocks matter manipulation.

Here is Molecule Man saying he can't affect it because it hasn't got a molecular structure:

And here is Sersi's matter manipulation being unable to affect it (sorry for the size of the image):

Her force-fields are still an enigma.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-20-2017 at 06:25 AM.

Thanks for providing those scans, Crimz.

So, if Sue's FF has no molecular structure, isn't that what I was saying in that the structure is constantly shifting?

I mean, there has to be some type of structure, otherwise nothing would be there. But I take the MM's reference to mean no true structure in the way a door or wall has one, due to the constantly shifting molecular nature of Sue's FF, thus the statement of no molecular structure (that he could affect).

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thanks for providing those scans, Crimz.

So, if Sue's FF has no molecular structure, isn't that what I was saying in that the structure is constantly shifting?

I mean, there has to be some type of structure, otherwise nothing would be there. But I take the MM's reference to mean no true structure in the way a door or wall has one, due to the constantly shifting molecular nature of Sue's FF, thus the statement of no molecular structure (that he could affect).
    It definitely does seem like it supports your theory.