Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    The reason would be because she established for herself a strong family and as you mature, those relationships outside the family become less important to you.
    You make it sound so exclusive. Just because people have families doesn't mean they can no longer have friendships that they value or need to nurture. Sure, needs of the family may take precedence but that doesn't mean that other relationships outside of that dynamic have to be denied to that person in order to be a good parent, sibling, child, etc. If we boil things down we are talking about a fictional character whose fans would like to see more of her outside of her normal setting. I don't see why you think that would be a bad thing, which I assume you do since you seem fine with how Sue has been handled?

What worries me is that some writer is going to get it in his head that the FF sucks because Susan Richards is a mother and loves her husband, so she needs to be transformed into 20 year old lost soul, sleeping around the Marvel universe and creating a saga in her marriage and destroying her family. There are plenty of characters for this, but The Invisbile Girl is not one of them.
    If that is the reason why you are worried then I don't really see how your example of Sue meeting with Storm to drink tea would lead or equate to this. I haven't seen anyone in this forum is asking for Sue to have a midlife crisis, buy a motorcycle, make out with younger men and cheat on her husband to get away from her "mundane" life. Sue working for S.H.I.E.L.D and going on a mission that she was perfect for based simply on her skills and abilities was amazing. I think people would just like to see her utilized more outside of the main Fantastic Four book. And that in the main book some focus (not all) could perhaps be shifted and dedicated to fleshing her out further as a character away from the role as wife and mother, which we all know she fills exceptionally well.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 09-25-2018 at 01:01 PM.