Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    That's a job for Reed Richards!!!
    Lol, that's so wrong.

BANNED

Susan Storm - the queen of hearts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    We do not know for certain what her fields can and cannot block. However, it has been demonstrated at least twice that heat can force the oxygen out of Sue's force bubble and thus make her lower her field in order to breathe. (Reference FF #306 with Diablo and his elementals and FF #332 with Crystal, when she defeated Sue in their imaginary fight.) It is unknown if magic can defeat Sue's force field, but one would think that powerful enough magic might be able to do so.
    What Sue's force fields can block has been depicted inconsistently. For example, when Jean Grey came back from the dead the first time, Sue's force fields could easily block her telekinesis - but when Ahad possessed Sue, suddenly Jean's telekinesis could block Sue's force field. One thing I've never understood is how people can hear Sue talk when she has her force field around herself. Shouldn't the sound waves be blocked? Also, why is general light able to penetrate the fields, but if the light is an attack, it's blocked? I cannot think about it too much. I just suspend my disbelief and enjoy.

Speaking of Sue's force power, when was the last time we saw Sue dissolve a force field created by someone/something else? I remember her doing that in a '70s comic, but I cannot recall her doing it since then.

Quote Originally Posted by mrrightnow View Post
    What Sue's force fields can block has been depicted inconsistently. For example, when Jean Grey came back from the dead the first time, Sue's force fields could easily block her telekinesis - but when Ahad possessed Sue, suddenly Jean's telekinesis could block Sue's force field. One thing I've never understood is how people can hear Sue talk when she has her force field around herself. Shouldn't the sound waves be blocked? Also, why is general light able to penetrate the fields, but if the light is an attack, it's blocked? I cannot think about it too much. I just suspend my disbelief and enjoy.

Speaking of Sue's force power, when was the last time we saw Sue dissolve a force field created by someone/something else? I remember her doing that in a '70s comic, but I cannot recall her doing it since then.
    I remember her saying she can block sound if she makes her force fields a certain thickness, 8 inches I think? I always assumed that light based attacks meant nothing to her when her other power is bending light. But yeah, what she can and can't block seems to be based on what the plot wants a lot of the time.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fmvgamer View Post

I love how Avengers:Earth's Mightiest Heroes had a similar scene between Reed and Tony in Season 2.

From 0:59-1:20.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

I love how Avengers:Earth's Mightiest Heroes had a similar scene between Reed and Tony in Season 2.

From 0:59-1:20.
    That is by default the best scene from that series. And yes, I couldn't help but Muttley laugh at Reed's particular line at 1:13-17...Mr. "Ooh, look at me and my flashy movies!!" has had that coming for a little while.

(No, I'm not bitter...not at all... )

Anyways, is anyone here the lucky owner of Sue's Premiere Collection formal wear statue?

"Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Fantastic View Post

Anyways, is anyone here the lucky owner of Sue's Premiere Collection formal wear statue?

Wow,just wow.That's a great statue.Is there a similar one for the other members of the Four?
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Wow,just wow. That's a great statue. Is there a similar one for the other members of the Four?
    It is, and it's on my 'Must get when and if I ever can!!' statue/figure list. As far as I know, unfortunately, there aren't similar ones for the other Core Four-ers, at least not yet. As I said on the Dr. Doom thread several days ago, naturally, I would LOVE for there to be a Reed formal wear statue, be it of him in a tux to accompany Sue in her black dress, or his trademark blue suit. There also most certainly needs to be a Thing in his tux statue, especially in lieu of the storyline where he wore a tux to celebrate his inheriting some riches (which has lent to there being a Tuxedo variant of Ben in Super Hero Squad Online). And just because I certainly would never have the heart to leave out Johnny, a statue of this would be pretty darn cool.

Some more elegant Sue...

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Gotta love me some susan richards my fave comic book MILF.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by mrrightnow View Post
    Also, why is general light able to penetrate the fields, but if the light is an attack, it's blocked? I cannot think about it too much. I just suspend my disbelief and enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I always assumed that light based attacks meant nothing to her when her other power is bending light.
    I recall reading that someone else's powers block light/energy above a certain threshold but otherwise allows it to pass through, so it may be the case for Sue's force fields.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

........And it's becoming more of an understatement; as Today's AVENGERS #35 shows another appearance of Mrs. Richards.
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 09-17-2014 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Corrected Issue #

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    ........And it's becoming more of an understatement; as Today's AVENGERS #35 shows another appearance of Mrs. Richards.
    Really? Why was she there?

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    I don't know wheter tha appreance qwas bad ass or simply villainous.

I guess they can't leave any character untarnished now,.