Page 51 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    problem with something like this is that it is interpreted as cheating simply by being such a prominent/recurring Sue story. that there's a question of "have Sue and Namor hooked up" is enough. my personal head cannon is that she has always spurned his advances and he's just a creeper.
    That's what I think too. Nothing happened and he just pines away.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

problem with something like this is that it is interpreted as cheating simply by being such a prominent/recurring Sue story. that there's a question of "have Sue and Namor hooked up" is enough. my personal head cannon is that she has always spurned his advances and he's just a creeper.
    The thing about, "is it cheating?" is we don't get to decide. That's up to Reed. Every couple has limits on what they feel comfortable with their spouse doing. I know couple who are stricter than my wife and myself, others will allow more.

My take (head canon) is that Sue was infatuated with Namor way back pre-marriage. Since then, she's decided to stick with Reed. We've brought this up before but I maintain that if Sue didn't see something non-scummy in Namor, he'd be gone. I think there's some actually some real offering on his part, but a good part of it is harmless flirting and posing.

Namor's characterization seems to be dictated by a roll of the dice all too often. As a result he bounces between far too creepy and respectful former beau.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The thing about, "is it cheating?" is we don't get to decide. That's up to Reed. Every couple has limits on what they feel comfortable with their spouse doing. I know couple who are stricter than my wife and myself, others will allow more.

My take (head canon) is that Sue was infatuated with Namor way back pre-marriage. Since then, she's decided to stick with Reed. We've brought this up before but I maintain that if Sue didn't see something non-scummy in Namor, he'd be gone. I think there's some actually some real offering on his part, but a good part of it is harmless flirting and posing.

Namor's characterization seems to be dictated by a roll of the dice all too often. As a result he bounces between far too creepy and respectful former beau.
    sure. but haven't Reed and Namor had a fist fight over it, before?

Astonishing Member

Only a few times.....and one of the few that I recall happened during either the DeFalco/Ryan Run of the F4 Series or the Marvel Knights 4 Series.

Yep. I think they've all happened decades ago, though. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I also maintain that a love "triangle" being written by many people over decades of moral standards is not going to be consistent. Hell, real life triangles often have "wait that doesn't make sense" moments.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Only a few times.....and one of the few that I recall happened during either the DeFalco/Ryan Run of the F4 Series or the Marvel Knights 4 Series.
    the Defalco one is what I'm referencing. i think Reed might have even had a beard. but there was a confrontation in Marvel Knights. i had stopped reading by that point because of the downgrade in art.

Don't kill me guys!

sue.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Posted that Cho art couple pages back. As much as I want to hate it, I just can't.

I wonder if anyone can answer this for me. I read that Sue once blocked a black hole (with help from the cosmic control rod), does anyone know what issue that happened in or does anyone have any scans?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Posted that Cho art couple pages back. As much as I want to hate it, I just can't.

I wonder if anyone can answer this for me. I read that Sue once blocked a black hole (with help from the cosmic control rod), does anyone know what issue that happened in or does anyone have any scans?
    Could that have been the Hickman run, when Johnny had the Rod?

In any case, more of my Sue head canon is that she taps into what;'s called dark energy (yes, I watch too many "how the universe works" shows). If my head canon holds, then black holes might be somethig she could tie into. It could be covered in possibly the most confusing issue of Fantastic Four ever.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Could that have been the Hickman run, when Johnny had the Rod?

In any case, more of my Sue head canon is that she taps into what;'s called dark energy (yes, I watch too many "how the universe works" shows). If my head canon holds, then black holes might be somethig she could tie into. It could be covered in possibly the most confusing issue of Fantastic Four ever.
    I tried reading a bit about Dark energy, but some of it went over my head. If her force-fields where made of Dark energy then what would that mean? Would that explain her blocking things that shouldn't be possible to block? Her powers are definitely need more exploring.

I've said here before and in other threads that I want Sue to go back to school and train to be a doctor/surgeon. To elaborate a bit more, an interesting thing she could do is after she has got her qualifications she can open a clinic that caters primarily to super-powered individuals. It wouldn't be only for the hero community, but for anyone who is not a "normal human" like mutants and Inhumans that ordinary doctors may struggle to help. With her powers she could treat people with increased durability or if unsure of their mutated anatomy she could simply make parts invisible so she can see their organs directly. It may also be a cool concept for a solo book, it could include Night Nurse, Cecilia Reyes and other Marvel doctors.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Oh...I was about to comment about a disagreement regarding Sue Storm in a different thread.

So...here we are. AND YOU'RE WRONG!!! (for drama)

I hope that the next time she does something really cool, like go all out and kick a powerful enemy's ass, it isn't driven by her kids being hurt or in danger. I don't want that to be the only motivation she ever has for doing cool stuff. She's more than a wife and mother.

Like keeping up a force-field for a entire day during Hickman's run. It was really cool and wasn't because her kids were in danger for once, it was for strangers who needed help:

I also really love that they call her Susan of the Storm it sounds really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I've said here before and in other threads that I want Sue to go back to school and train to be a doctor/surgeon. To elaborate a bit more, an interesting thing she could do is after she has got her qualifications she can open a clinic that caters primarily to super-powered individuals. It wouldn't be only for the hero community, but for anyone who is not a "normal human" like mutants and Inhumans that ordinary doctors may struggle to help. With her powers she could treat people with increased durability or if unsure of their mutated anatomy she could simply make parts invisible so she can see their organs directly. It may also be a cool concept for a solo book, it could include Night Nurse, Cecilia Reyes and other Marvel doctors.
    I'd read this in an instant.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    I'd read this in an instant.
    I'm thinking like a superhero Grey's Anatomy, but with slightly less drama and more heroics. It's a concept I'm surprised that we haven't seen much of in comics.
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-15-2017 at 01:43 PM.