Page 55 of 105 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Brand new uniform! She really IS back!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssss!!!!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thanks for providing those scans, Crimz.

So, if Sue's FF has no molecular structure, isn't that what I was saying in that the structure is constantly shifting?

I mean, there has to be some type of structure, otherwise nothing would be there. But I take the MM's reference to mean no true structure in the way a door or wall has one, due to the constantly shifting molecular nature of Sue's FF, thus the statement of no molecular structure (that he could affect).
    I want to believe that Sue's invisibility and fields are related somehow. If her fields have no molecular structure, then they're basically energy and not matter. Her invisibility can be seen as her controlling light energy around her and objects she makes invisible.

I really, REALLY, want to see a couple of theoretical physicists bring their PhDs to the table and talk about Sue;'s powers. Light can behave as a particle or as a wave. There's so much that is cool about this stuff that it's a waste not to implement it in a comic book about Sue and Reed.

Sheldon and Leonard could go on for hours about this.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I want to believe that Sue's invisibility and fields are related somehow. If her fields have no molecular structure, then they're basically energy and not matter. Her invisibility can be seen as her controlling light energy around her and objects she makes invisible.

I really, REALLY, want to see a couple of theoretical physicists bring their PhDs to the table and talk about Sue;'s powers. Light can behave as a particle or as a wave. There's so much that is cool about this stuff that it's a waste not to implement it in a comic book about Sue and Reed.

Sheldon and Leonard could go on for hours about this.
    Here's a video with a scientist that tries to explain their powers, unfortunately it's based on Fant4stic:

He talks about their powers from 3:28 onward, specifically talks about Sue at 5:30

He doesn't really go into detail, but he thinks that her turning invisible is cause by the force-fields instead of being separate energies.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

There's also this video that was to promote Fant4stic, it just says a type of materials that can turn things invisible:

Neither really can explain the force-fields themselves though and both are working off that crappy film.

EDIT: If her force-fields are how she bends the light, then that would explain why they are able to repel light-based attacks even though they're invisible.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-21-2017 at 12:12 PM.

while we're still discussing Sue's powers, I had a stupid question. how does she deflect lasers? she can see through her fields, right? I'm asking because I kind of want the Living Laser to join the Frightful Four. he's nerfed Iron Man's shields before. but that's a different kind of energy. I'm also wondering if other energy beings, like Spectrum, would be able to bypass Sue's force-fields.

doh! didn't see your edit Crimz. I still want to see this confrontation. I'd settle for him fighting Johnny.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-21-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    while we're still discussing Sue's powers, I had a stupid question. how does she deflect lasers? she can see through her fields, right? I'm asking because I kind of want the Living Laser to join the Frightful Four. he's nerfed Iron Man's shields before. but that's a different kind of energy. I'm also wondering if other energy beings, like Spectrum, would be able to bypass Sue's force-fields.
    There has been discussion (comments, anyway) of Sue's fields being unable to stop light since they are invisible. A letter writer proposed Sue having a higher setting on her field that would make it opaque so as to stop light from getting through it. It seems a simple way to get inside a field would be to turn someone into light and send them through the shield and materialize inside of it. Also, shouldn't Sue easily be blinded by a flash of light? It's not like she could close her eyes or use her forearm to block a flash.

There has been discussion (comments, anyway) of Sue's fields being unable to stop light since they are invisible. A letter writer proposed Sue having a higher setting on her field that would make it opaque so as to stop light from getting through it. It seems a simple way to get inside a field would be to turn someone into light and send them through the shield and materialize inside of it. Also, shouldn't Sue easily be blinded by a flash of light? It's not like she could close her eyes or use her forearm to block a flash.
    She's blocked light attacks before, I posed a possible reason how but I still don't full know how she does it. How light affects her while she herself is invisible is unknown, I don't even know she sees while being completely invisible. Rather than avoiding the problem by saying she somehow diverts enough light into her eyes without making them visible, I think it should be said that she see things differently. It's already confirmed that she can see things made invisible on the electromagnetic spectrum, maybe that's how she see's the world when invisible? She see's the world in ultraviolet, that may prevent her from being blinded? I don't know I'm not a scientist and this is an example of why it would be cool to have a real one to explain her powers.

see, that was my assumption. but I imagine that she has deflected laser blasts in the past. it's a common attack in the Marvel Universe. I thought that an intelligent energy attack i.e. Living Laser would capitalize on that weakness in her power. I'd at least be interested in seeing that it wasn't a weakness. the FF really should go into the field with some kind of reflexive eye protection. sounds like something Reed would do. their costumes react to thermal attacks.

Found something that may help prove my theory of her unconsciously being able to alter her force-fields frequencies to block attacks on the previous page.

Maybe it could explain her being able to block light-based attacks?

Also, when she turns other people invisible they should definitely be blind.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-21-2017 at 04:14 PM.

Sue has blocked laser and energy attacks before.

Sue creates a field of force. That field may be invisible, but it is still there.

Maybe it blocks high-intensity energy, such as those used in attacks versus natural unconcentrated (sun) light?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Sue has blocked laser and energy attacks before.

Sue creates a field of force. That field may be invisible, but it is still there.

Maybe it blocks high-intensity energy, such as those used in attacks versus natural unconcentrated (sun) light?
    That's how I like to think it works.

Been reading Marvel Knights Fantastic Four and here is something cool that Sue did:

She used her ability to bend light to make a force field that captures ambient light. If 616 Sue can do that too then that opens up a lot of possibilities and I find it so awesome.
    There is so much a writer can do with her powers if they're imaginative enough.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-24-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Whelp, I'll have to rethink my Frightful Four. Living Laser is just not going to be a serious enough threat. Maybe a new version of Miracle Man or make Graviton her sparring partner.

Yes, Miracle Man and Graviton would make better foes for Sue.