Page 60 of 105 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

They used to say Sue would crumple down the invisible platform and then raise it up again to travel. That never made much sense to me, seemed very awkward, and would also make Sue nauseous going up and down. Not to mention moving at a snail's pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    They used to say Sue would crumple down the invisible platform and then raise it up again to travel. That never made much sense to me, seemed very awkward, and would also make Sue nauseous going up and down. Not to mention moving at a snail's pace.
    It's from the earlier days when her force-fields were viewed more as being static and she could only expand or contract them. Which didn't make sense as she was shown using them as projectiles multiple times with no propulsion other than her imagination.

On her wiki it says she reaches a max of around 30mph the crumple way. There is no known top speed via the force-disc she moves with her mind though, but it must be much faster.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Marvel is so inconsistent, but like you Crimz, I have an inquiring mind that wants to know!

They never had Jean Grey fly too fast without the PF and Miss America Madelyn Joyce they liked to limit at only 30mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Marvel is so inconsistent, but like you Crimz, I have an inquiring mind that wants to know!

They never had Jean Grey fly too fast without the PF and Miss America Madelyn Joyce they liked to limit at only 30mph.
    Never knew Jean had that speed limitation, she seems to have outgrown it though without the Phoenix.

It still bothers me that Sue can't fly through space when telekinetics can. It makes no sense to me.

Well, for years and years, Crystal the Elemental could not fly. Moondragon likewise was earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I get that, but telekinetic can move through space by controlling themselves telekinetically. Sue can control the movement of her fields and other objects by enveloping them in her force-fields.
    Isn't that how she flies on the disc?

Why can't she move through space by controlling the movement of her force-field? It would not be as fast as Johnny propelling it, but I don't understand why she can't move it at all. It's within her control and she moves her force-fields without needing something push off of all the time. It just confuses me.
    I can get her using a cylindrical field and standing on the top while it's changing shapes. She also "fires" out force pellets so she is capable of giving them mometum. Now she may just send that stuff away from her, but she's probably moved them on their own.

As to what the actual limitations and definition of her power are, I chalk it up to "superhero comic book science". Or I have no idea.

Spectacular Member

why did she forgive reed in civil war

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

I guess that contrary to my desire, the FF editorial staff did not wish to see a second Reed-Sue separation.

Quote Originally Posted by fantastic View Post
    why did she forgive reed in civil war
    because she realized that Millar was writing him. plus, he did take a bullet (Taskmaster's) for her.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 11-06-2017 at 06:33 PM.

Spectacular Member

she always forgives him and why did she killed taskmaster.i don't think she kills anyone.

she always forgives him and why did she killed taskmaster.i don't think she kills anyone.
    She forgave him because he was written really out of character during Civil War and Marvel would never split up the two. Splitting Reed and Sue would be a spit in the face to many fans.

Also, she didn't kill taskmaster she just hurt him.... a lot.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    She forgave him because he was written really out of character during Civil War and Marvel would never split up the two. Splitting Reed and Sue would be a spit in the face to many fans.

Also, she didn't kill taskmaster she just hurt him.... a lot.
    I don't think that she likes reed much.

Reed has put a lot of effort into their anniversaries. he's a great gift-giver/puts a lot of thought into it. I imagine that this balances out some of his more insensitive/clueless moments. he also put up with all of her pining over Namor in the early stories (pre-marriage).

I don't think that she likes reed much.
    She absolutely loves Reed. Like real life marriages, theirs just have ups and downs.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Reed has put a lot of effort into their anniversaries. he's a great gift-giver/puts a lot of thought into it. I imagine that this balances out some of his more insensitive/clueless moments. he also put up with all of her pining over Namor in the early stories (pre-marriage).
    I genuinely thought she did spilt up with him in time runs out
    Last edited by fantastic; 11-06-2017 at 07:41 PM.