Page 71 of 105 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1573

I believe it was #22 ( or possibly 21)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I believe it was #22 ( or possibly 21)
    Yep, it's #22
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Thanks, Crimz.

Now, the reason the Force Field powers came about was Reed was testing Sue's invisibility power with a head "hat" machine and it amped up her powers after Sue removed it! She reflectively created a field to prevent Been from spraying her with a hose, I believe (from memory).

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thanks, Crimz.

Now, the reason the Force Field powers came about was Reed was testing Sue's invisibility power with a head "hat" machine and it amped up her powers after Sue removed it! She reflectively created a field to prevent Been from spraying her with a hose, I believe (from memory).
    Yeah that's what happened, which is a bit weird, since Reed first says that she has more powers than just invisibility, then he says that the radiation from the hat gave her the force fields:

Thank you for posting those scans that I haven't read in many a long years, Lukmendez! What a blast!

Thanks both of you! I read it in the late '60s as part of the Marvel Collector Item Classics anthology.

Which they ripped off and used again, sorta in FF # 159 or so. A portable band/device that helped Sue protect the Hidden Land from the Invaders from the 5th Dimension.

That was great. Thanks indeed.

It reminds me also that Sue once withstood the combing clobbering of the Hulk and the Thing a little later in the # 180s maybe...

Besides the various Nuclear and other bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Which they ripped off and used again, sorta in FF # 159 or so. A portable band/device that helped Sue protect the Hidden Land from the Invaders from the 5th Dimension.
    If memory serves, it was the "Thunder Horn" Sue used for "Havok in the Hidden Land", the title to FF 159. Sue's invisibility power was really supposed to be the one that increased with that incident because she was using invisibility at the time. But later writers increased her FF powers too. The Thunder Horn allowed Sue to turn invisible the entire city Hidden Land.

They based the new Marvel Two-in-One's lenticular cover on #159's cover.

Reread the issue where Sue got her force field power. She had some fun pranking some people bothering the FF and I wish she did that a little more often. Not necessarily the pranks, but having fun with her powers more. If anyone has her powers they would be having fun with them and I think she should be doing the same. It would add to her personality, which is something that is unfortunately rarely explored or developed beyond "nice until you mess with her family".

Speaking of personality, I want Sue to have a bit more of a sarcastic wit. It gives her more of a personality and it would be a good contrast with the other members' personalities and humor.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-09-2018 at 02:39 AM.

Your memory is better than mine. But this Horn was adapted to be a head-band they gave Sue to wear. I kinda remember that.

That was the last time a device increased her power. After that, it was mostly Sue 'thinking' more about its practical uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Reread the issue where Sue got her force field power. She had some fun pranking some people bothering the FF and I wish she did that a little more often. Not necessarily the pranks, but having fun with her powers more. If anyone has her powers they would be having fun with them and I think she should be doing the same. It would add to her personality, which is something that is unfortunately rarely explored or developed beyond "nice until you mess with her family".

Speaking of personality, I want Sue to have a bit more of a sarcastic wit. It gives her more of a personality and it would be a good contrast with the other members' personalities and humor.
    Back when Johnny "died", there's a flashback issue in ASM 656, it shows her having fun with her powers:

https://i.imgur.com/wdqrkHl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tMYZz92.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ihvBS1b.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Posmv9Z.jpg

Guess she wasn't so different from Johnny

That's pretty funny, I wish she did things like that more often.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I've been wondering that myself plus whether she should start of as the Invisible Girl as the growth into Invisible Woman is great.

It all comes down to the execution, I'd be okay as long as she gets great action scenes and becomes the most powerful member. it could be done a bit like Violet from the Incredibles where she is isn't proficient with the force fields until the third act.
    Yeah I think it'd make a great "surprise" power for an origin story. Have her only have invisibility at first and then in a moment of desperation accidentally create some invisible shield, weapon etc...