Page 72 of 105 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1573
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Back when Johnny "died", there's a flashback issue in ASM 656, it shows her having fun with her powers:

https://i.imgur.com/wdqrkHl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tMYZz92.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ihvBS1b.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Posmv9Z.jpg

Guess she wasn't so different from Johnny
    Yeah we don't often get to see her have fun as such.

However this does remind me of a fairly cringe moment from the Marvel Knights FF series that I'm surprised in retrospect was published.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Yeah we don't often get to see her have fun as such.

However this does remind me of a fairly cringe moment from the Marvel Knights FF series that I'm surprised in retrospect was published.
    What happened on that?

Possibly referring to the so called Panther/Sue skinny-dip moment. Keep in mind that by and large, Knights stories are not held to be in canon or direct continuity. The story indicated occurs right around/during their first meeting with the Panther.

Sue was still in Honeymoon mode, considering the slippy time-line. Make of it what you will, I don't buy it myself.

Was it this?

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Possibly referring to the so called Panther/Sue skinny-dip moment. Keep in mind that by and large, Knights stories are not held to be in canon or direct continuity. The story indicated occurs right around/during their first meeting with the Panther.

Sue was still in Honeymoon mode, considering the slippy time-line. Make of it what you will, I don't buy it myself.
    That was the one thing I hated from that run. Marvel Knights Sue is my favourite depiction of the character (excluding the moment in question).

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Your memory is better than mine. But this Horn was adapted to be a head-band they gave Sue to wear. I kinda remember that.

That was the last time a device increased her power. After that, it was mostly Sue 'thinking' more about its practical uses.
    Thanks, glad I could help! To me, that is what we are all here for--to help each other out as fans!

It was great seeing old scans, remembering reading them and the discussion that followed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    What happened on that?
    Ah didn't realize folks would wonder quite as much as they did.

It wasn't any of the moments mentioned. It was this one.

1517951-marvel_knights_4___sue_teacher.jpg

Now when I read it when I was much younger it was a lot funnier, seeing Sue "own" the students. But I remember stopping one day and just realizing

"Whoo boy. If a teacher in real life EVER joked about something like this or some equivalent, being fired would be the LEAST of what would happen."

Granted we as readers know Sue WOULDN'T but whoo boy.

1517951-marvel_knights_4___sue_teacher.jpg

Now when I read it when I was much younger it was a lot funnier, seeing Sue "own" the students. But I remember stopping one day and just realizing

"Whoo boy. If a teacher in real life EVER joked about something like this or some equivalent, being fired would be the LEAST of what would happen."

That face in one of the last panels ain't helping though, seriously, it's like she's saying "I dare anyone to say I won't do it." lol

they should eventually do a story involving a few of those students returning as Fantastic Four villains (or costumed heroes/heroines).

I actually didn't read too many of them. I had crossed upon the infamous dip one though.

I really liked Sue in the short (13 issues?) FF Unlimited. Around the same time as Defalco I think. I may have to check on that.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    That was the one thing I hated from that run. Marvel Knights Sue is my favourite depiction of the character (excluding the moment in question).
    Honestly, Marvel Knights may be one of the better depictions of Sue. It shows her strength and how important she is to every member of the team and family. Any IW fan should read the run. She is the focus of pretty much the first 15 issues if I remember correctly.

And she has probably never been drawn better. I remember reading it on the train and some older man asked if that was the Invisible woman (The teacher scene). He laughed and said they didn't draw her like that in the 60s and 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    And she has probably never been drawn better. I remember reading it on the train and some older man asked if that was the Invisible woman (The teacher scene). He laughed and said they didn't draw her like that in the 60s and 70s.
    If only Jack had taken the time modern artists take.

Honestly, Marvel Knights may be one of the better depictions of Sue. It shows her strength and how important she is to every member of the team and family. Any IW fan should read the run. She is the focus of pretty much the first 15 issues if I remember correctly.

I agree, I say it's a must read for anyone interested in Sue. McNiven is one of my favourite artists for her too (the other is Steve Epting).

Last edited by Crimz; 01-12-2018 at 11:34 AM.

it's my favorite mainly because it was the first time that i saw Sue have a life/job outside of superheroism. i liked the professional take. and, yeah, her chest is a little out of control.