Page 79 of 105 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1573
    Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

I favor the suggestion of some of you for Sue to get pregnant and have a third child. At lest this would return her somewhat to her 1960's more traditional feminine role.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    You're talking about a misogynistic story in a series that's not even Fantastic Four where Sue is kidnapped and held hostage, needing to be rescued...
    Writers bring Namor in as a cheap tactic for drama, it's trashy story that does not benefit or represent the Sue. It shows the misogyny towards the character and how little writers actuallty develop her.

Sue is not interested in anyone other than her husband and it's time that you accept that.
    I like Sue. And I would love to believe that. But she also married Doctor Doom. Reed has consistently chosen Susan. The same can't be said for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    I favor the suggestion of some of you for Sue to get pregnant and have a third child. At lest this would return her somewhat to her 1960's more traditional feminine role.

I am speechless

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    But the one we are discussing isn't like this. The story ends without Reed even knowing about Sue's fantasies, let alone be affected by it.

Sue even threated the one that saved her in order to stop her from telling Reed about Sue's dirty fantasies.

This one isn't about Reed. It's all about Sue.
    Isn't it an appreciation thread, my friend?
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I do really like her costume from FF #387 though. It was somehow fitting regarding her circumstances at the time, and it plain looked good on her.
    I really like that costume too. It was not too much, like the bikini costume was and it really suited her.

I like when the FF have slightly different costumes that visually infer their personality a bit.

But the one we are discussing isn't like this. The story ends without Reed even knowing about Sue's fantasies, let alone be affected by it.

Sue even threated the one that saved her in order to stop her from telling Reed about Sue's dirty fantasies.

This one isn't about Reed. It's all about Sue.
    It's not about Sue. Sue is just someone to be rescued again like in the 60s, it's a stupid story that does nothing for the character. It's a story about X-factor saving a bored housewife while she is living her trashy erotic fiction. It's not about Sue, it's about X-Factor, Doom, the Kids, and Reed. Those two pages are the only thing you really see of Sue and a first time reader who knows nothing about the FF would not think that this person is the strongest member of the FF. It's pure trash.
    Last edited by Crimz; 04-24-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Isn't it an appreciation thread, my friend?
    Yes.

Which part of my post doesn't sound appreciative?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I like Sue. And I would love to believe that. But she also married Doctor Doom. Reed has consistently chosen Susan. The same can't be said for her.
    Are you talking about Secret Wars with alt-Sue? Or that alt reality where Reed is in Doom's body?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    No one wants that...

Are you talking about Secret Wars with alt-Sue? Or that alt reality where Reed is in Doom's body?
    The former. Why are there so many realities where she hooks up with evil people?

The former. Why are there so many realities where she hooks up with evil people?
    Because 616 Sue is shockingly underdeveloped considering she's been around for over 50 years. Her life has revolved around the men in it so alt universe stories often go off that and simply just pair her with someone other than Reed because it's the easiest change. The reason why it's so many FF villains is because those are the only men outside of her family she interacts with often as she is the FF member who rarely appears outside of the team or FF books.

Reed appears everywhere as the 'premier' scientist.
    Johnny appear often in Spider-man and now has expanded to the Avengers.
    Ben is friendly with almost every hero.
    Sue....

(I hope Slott changes this, but from what I've read I won't hold my breath. In what little he's written of the FF and involved its characters, he uses her the least)

Most alt realities that want to make "shocking" changes to the FF pair her with someone else, or have her in a position of power, or killed her off. Some have all three.
    Last edited by Crimz; 04-24-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Considering the number of realities in which Reed's evil, it could be said Sue hasn't hooked up with anyone who doesn't have a dark side.
    Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 04-24-2018 at 11:48 AM.

Yes.

Which part of my post doesn't sound appreciative?
    Maybe "dirty fantasies".

And it's not like there are other threads where you were much more appreciative. You could start another one maybe. And bump it up once in while.
    Last edited by Abe; 04-24-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Maybe "dirty fantasies".
    I mean, how else could I describe it? How would you describe it? It is what it is.

I really like that costume too. It was not too much, like the bikini costume was and it really suited her.

I like when the FF have slightly different costumes that visually infer their personality a bit.
    Was she changing in front of Namor?

I mean, how else could I describe it? How would you describe it? It is what it is.

I don't believe so, I think Sue came out of a bedroom, just finishing with her belt while walking/talking.

No, she wasn't.