Page 83 of 105 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1573

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    This kind of thing reminds me of a scene in Legion of Super heroes where Ultra Boy (who has a $#!+load of powers, but can only use one of them at a time) is ambushed and his invulnerability saves his life. Asked about why he kept his invulnerability on all the time, his answer was simply "Why wouldn't I?" or something to that effect. Sometimes it takes comic writers a while to catch the obvious.
    I suppose so. We'll just have to wait for a writer to catch-up I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I wonder how fast she could fly if she encased herself like this. how fast can she project her invisible constructs?
    Honestly haven't got a clue how fast she can move them. It's never been mentioned.

This is the only thing I can think of where we can guess how fast she can move her force-fields.

Thor was above the skyscrapers in likely a matter of seconds considering this is an 'all against one' fight. Not to mention he's heavier than she is so she'd be slightly faster moving herself.

So she should be able to move pretty fast while encased. Much faster than on a disc because her body would be protected from the winds at fast speeds. Maybe one day we'll get an on panel answer.
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-11-2018 at 11:15 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I suppose so. We'll just have to wait for a writer to catch-up I guess.

Honestly haven't got a clue how fast she can move them. It's never been mentioned.

This is the only thing I can think of where we can guess how fast she can move her force-fields.

Thor was above the skyscrapers in likely a matter of seconds considering this is an 'all against one' fight. Not to mention he's heavier than she is so she'd be slightly faster moving herself.

So she should be able to move pretty fast while encased. Much faster than on a disc because her body would be protected from the winds at fast speeds. Maybe one day we'll get an on panel answer.
    that's actually a pretty nice showing thank you
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

With Sue back in August, her chances at having a solo/mini are no longer 0%!

Art by Roshfaizal Ariffin

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    With Sue back in August, her chances at having a solo/mini are no longer 0%!

MTIO can be good alternative. Maybe.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    I hope they keep it going and rotate the team ups. Give everyone a shot to branch out a bit. Reed could team up with Tony, Sue with Captain Marvel maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Fandango View Post
    I guess that depends on where the book goes when the FF return.

I want her out in the MU more often before she gets a solo or mini, and MTIO may be a good start to that. I'm wondering who she could team-up with, it should be someone she doesn't usually interact with and a good foil to her personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I hope they keep it going and rotate the team ups. Give everyone a shot to branch out a bit. Reed could team up with Tony, Sue with Captain Marvel maybe.
    I kinda want Sue to stay away from Marvel's "golden girl" as I can see them using Sue to prop her up, by making Sue look less powerful and reducing her leadership qualities.
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-15-2018 at 02:22 PM.

I could see Sue teaming with Nick Fury, Jr. I could also see her on a trip back to the old west teaming with some western heroes. Perhaps a European trip (excluding Latveria) where she could hang with Captain Britain or other European heroes.

An unrelated thought... While invisible, Sue obviously can't be seen. Could her force field block her scent? Does it actually have a cnet that a Daredevil or Wolverine could pick up?

I could see Sue teaming with Nick Fury, Jr. I could also see her on a trip back to the old west teaming with some western heroes. Perhaps a European trip (excluding Latveria) where she could hang with Captain Britain or other European heroes.
    That western heroes thing reminds me of this from the start of Hickman's run, it was pretty cool

I also like the Captain Britain idea. He is hero that hasn't been used very often in ages and it could be interesting.
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-15-2018 at 03:19 PM.

An unrelated thought... While invisible, Sue obviously can't be seen. Could her force field block her scent? Does it actually have a cnet that a Daredevil or Wolverine could pick up?
    On the scent thing, I've wondered it myself.
    When Sue first became Malice and was in her force-field Daredevil couldn't tell it was her from his senses, all he could gather from his radar sense was that it was a sphere. He couldn't even tell a human was inside it. What I infer from that is that her force-fields do block her scent too, it would make sense.

What I'm wondering is if Sue can be seen in infrared. Her wiki says this:

she can cause all wavelengths of visible, infrared, and ultraviolet light to bend around her without distortion
    But I haven't come across an issue where she's done this or has commented to be able to this yet. Wouldn't being able to do that render infrared useless in finding her while invisible? They'd have to use other means.
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-15-2018 at 03:33 PM.

I thought in the past villains used infrared to see Sue while she was invisible? Maybe the Wingless Wizard or Doom. And what about the Brute? Did he see Sue or hear her with his hyper senses?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I thought in the past villains used infrared to see Sue while she was invisible? Maybe the Wingless Wizard or Doom. And what about the Brute? Did he see Sue or hear her with his hyper senses?
    Hydro-Man just learned to make it rain so he could see her outline.

https://twitter.com/Artgerm/status/1008501873718915072

I now know what cover I want the most.

The Sue cover by Artgerm is going to be amazing. I'm also liking the new uniforms more and more.
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-18-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Sue's force fields can be picked apart easily using basic questions. Obviously light can pass through them. So can sound. With her field on, could she be noticed with infra-red? It's a puzzle how she'd manage to stop light or sonic attacks using her fields. The fields are air-tight and water-tight as well. But thinking about how they work and what they stop and don't stop can be a mess. I'm inclined to go at these fields with a huge suspension of disbelief. Maybe just saying "it's only a comic book" is the best option for Sue's powers.

Sue's force fields can be picked apart easily using basic questions. Obviously light can pass through them. So can sound. With her field on, could she be noticed with infra-red? It's a puzzle how she'd manage to stop light or sonic attacks using her fields. The fields are air-tight and water-tight as well. But thinking about how they work and what they stop and don't stop can be a mess. I'm inclined to go at these fields with a huge suspension of disbelief. Maybe just saying "it's only a comic book" is the best option for Sue's powers.
    Sue's fields are an extension of her. she can "see" through them.