Page 91 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1573
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Some Scarlet Witch and Susan Storm Interaction with Each other in Fantastic Four #261!

I hope when Susan Storm Comes back that at one point we get some New Interactions between these 2 Trail-Blazing Silver Age Ladies! =)

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Whenever Reed disappears or something you really get to see Sue step up and act as the leader.

Sue has rarely interacted with Scarlet Witch, it would be nice to see them together more. Especially because they both have close ties to Agatha Harkness.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Whenever Reed disappears or something you really get to see Sue step up and act as the leader.

Sue has rarely interacted with Scarlet Witch, it would be nice to see them together more. Especially because they both have close ties to Agatha Harkness.
    It would make sense for heroes to have different relationships with each member of the Fantastic Four. We see so much of Ben and Reed doing that and even Johnny to a lesser extent. Sue needs to get out there and mingle.

What about a six issue Two-In-One arc where Sue stars with other heroes of the Marvel Universe and gets her own "Project Pegasus" type story?

Byrne sure gave Sue some great moments. Also he was the one who changed her name to Invisible WOMAN.

I miss those days; mostly in the late '70s and part of the '80s, when Sue did in fact interact with Wanda, Janet and occasional others female heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Byrne sure gave Sue some great moments. Also he was the one who changed her name to Invisible WOMAN.
    John Byrne is arguably the greatest creator ever for handling Sue. His growth of her remains a big part of the character.

While I don't agree with Byrne personally and don't want him back writing the FF, I can appreciate what he did for the team and especially Sue in the 80s. She has never had such development before or since then, which is sad.

I'll always remember the list that was posted here, it was from the 70s I think. Where it said how Marvel viewed the importance if their characters; 3 stars being very important, 2 being somewhat important, and 1 being not important. When it came to the FF Reed, Ben, and Johnny had 3 stars while Sue was the only member with 2. It often seems like that view still exists to this day.
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-28-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Misogynism, in general (sic?). "We've come a long way" -Maybe? As a Feminist of the '70s and forward, even marching for the ERA in those days, I can say that women's status is always mutable, based on mostly external conditions. Collectively the world's women do not have much agency onto themselves.

So it is important that young girls and boys - and older ones too - see these traits in characters they relate to. Whether Medusa, Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel. The Invisible Woman, the Scarlet Witch or the Wasp. Spectrum, Storm, or Jane Foster. All these characters have real, tangible and HUMAN qualities that are part of everyone's range of expression. We can all be compassionate - and strong. Fearless - and comforting. Determined - but not inaccessible.

Excelsior.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Misogynism, in general (sic?). "We've come a long way" -Maybe? As a Feminist of the '70s and forward, even marching for the ERA in those days, I can say that women's status is always mutable, based on mostly external conditions. Collectively the world's women do not have much agency onto themselves.

So it is important that young girls and boys - and older ones too - see these traits in characters they relate to. Whether Medusa, Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel. The Invisible Woman, the Scarlet Witch or the Wasp. Spectrum, Storm, or Jane Foster. All these characters have real, tangible and HUMAN qualities that are part of everyone's range of expression. We can all be compassionate - and strong. Fearless - and comforting. Determined - but not inaccessible.

Excelsior.
    Exactly. It's obviously important for women and girls to see strong noble characters who are female, but it's ultimately more important for the boys to see that women can save and threaten the universe as well as men can. It's not all for them. We need to see those examples as well.

I would like to see the day that children regardless of gender can feel free to choose Wonder Woman or Spiderman for their Halloween costume. I think I won't, other than specific things; trans children, etc.

But what a moment for society and the world. When no stigma to female-ness exists . . . .

That would definitely be cool.

I’m definitely looking forward to more depth to be given to Susan. I remember Waid said she’s a soccer mum and that’s her appeal but they can probably do better than that these days

Sue's back TODAY. Appears on the last page of 2-in-One #9. And it's definitely the 616 version as her presence restored Ben and Johnny's powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Some Scarlet Witch and Susan Storm Interaction with Each other in Fantastic Four #261!

I hope when Susan Storm Comes back that at one point we get some New Interactions between these 2 Trail-Blazing Silver Age Ladies! =)

Say what you will about later Byrne, his Sue was probably the best character from his run on FF. He, along with Stan & Jack, are synonymous with the FF for me.