Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

While not the sole inspiration, comics do seem to have heavily inspired the "Darkman" series of films.

The Matrix.

When I first saw it I thought it would basically just be an action film with cool effects.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Good one. That's definitely a movie that fits.

The funny thing about the upcoming SHAZAM! movie is I hear a lot of people saying it's BIG with super-heroes. For me it's the other way around, because when I first saw BIG, I thought this is Captain Marvel but without the capes.
    Where's the like button? Big is Captain Marvel without capes. That's a rare thing to hear.

I just saw The Lazarus Effect and I think this qualifies as The X3 remake.

Without giving too much away for those who have not seen the movie, the red-headed female character returns to life with telepathic and telekinetic abilities. When she goes evil, her eyes become black and her face/skin become darker and wrinkled. There is fire, hopelessness and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Boondock Saints
    one of the first movies i thought of.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    How about Darkman?
    good 1. can't believe i didn't think of it as i love it and watched it so many times.

observe and report kind of seems like it could've been an indy comic to me. i'd actually love to see a series about what happens to ronnie and his crew afterwards. maybe they hunt down dennis in mexico.

My first choice is Fast and Furious it is world where members of the team have superpowers is to drive cars really well, My second choice is the Expendables were once again if they have weapons in their hands they have superpowers.Both set of movies are more enjoyable once give up on things be realistic and going this is a superhero movie.

Bourne series (especially the Jeremy Renner one) is Captain America movies

I watch the Darkest Mind simple because it was X-men and lead character is Jean grey

Hacksaw Ridge.

You have the no guns, no killing rule like Batman. He wants to fight in the war even if he is not 'properly qualified'. Steve Rogers was a weak kid. And Desmond Doss did not want to carry a gun. One might find a bit of Wonder Woman there, since he couldn't stay behind. He saved a lot of lives. That's like a superhero in real life.

Bonus point to being played by Spider-man.

Nightmare on elm street 3 is kids with powers vs freddy. If you read the book that's based on the old script it pretty much is X-Men vs freddy with kids throwing cars, jumping super high and one kid changing his hand to a shield and blocking Freddy's glove! Shame most of the X-Men stuff was cut due to high cost.

Cloak and dagger the 80s movie based on the video game (the first video game film!) Has a ghost secret agent helping a kid fight spies and there is a lot of comic book type scenes in it.

The wraith--this is a comic film. It's ghost rider with kitt from knight rider complete with a hero outfit! The trailer makes it look scary but it is a anti super hero film. If they take out some curse words and one nude scene it would be a pg-13 super hero film!

And yes that's who you think it is as the hero!