Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Alfred is his servent. Who leaves their fortune to the help.
    It’s backpay to make up for all the **** Alfred has to deal with being Bruce’s butler.

BANNED

Tim needs to be wholly and solely the property of Wonder Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by nhienphan2808 View Post
    Jason died after 2 years something as Robin, so 14 year something old at death. Tim came exactly 6 months later, so their gap is actually 2 year, so if Dick is 7 years older than Jason, he's 19 when he became Nightwing in post crisis and 9 years older than Tim. Tim was 3 and Dick's fanboy before he could form full sentences.
    Now easy there. I was forming full perfect sentences by the year and half, I even started talking fluently before I reached the year. I'm pretty sure Tim could even read at 3 (I could read at 5), being a genius and all that.

And I am not being sarcastic in any form. It's just kids are smarter than we give them credit for: they just need incentives.

BANNED

Tim was never a genius, at least academically speaking. He had a real knack for detective work and was really good at planning. Resourceful kid, but a genius he wasnt.
    It wasnt until Bruce trained him that his cognitive abilities started going through the roof, for the same reason Bruce got smart. Mental exercises can do wonders if you are disciplined.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Tim was never a genius, at least academically speaking. He had a real knack for detective work and was really good at planning. Resourceful kid, but a genius he wasnt.
    It wasnt until Bruce trained him that his cognitive abilities started going through the roof, for the same reason Bruce got smart. Mental exercises can do wonders if you are disciplined.
    Still, not being able to form whole, perfect sentences before the 3 years, not by choice, but because he couldn't, is a bit too much, don't you think? Even if he's not a genius, he's still clever enough to be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Now easy there. I was forming full perfect sentences by the year and half, I even started talking fluently before I reached the year. I'm pretty sure Tim could even read at 3 (I could read at 5), being a genius and all that.

And I am not being sarcastic in any form. It's just kids are smarter than we give them credit for: they just need incentives.
    You are not being Sarcastic but the other poster was.

Tim isn't a genius he is the everyman who had to work very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

I suck at reading sarcasm.
    I really suck.

Write using comic sans or something damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

Though, it took Rebirth to put that back in. Or at least, gave him back his pre-Flashpoint origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    It’s backpay to make up for all the **** Alfred has to deal with being Bruce’s butler.

Indeed. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Alfred is his servent. Who leaves their fortune to the help.
    Really to call him just a "servant", when he pretty much helped him survive and raised him.
    Unless you were being sarcastic LOL!
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-27-2019 at 03:06 PM.

I suck at reading sarcasm.
    I really suck.

Write using comic sans or something damn it!
    Tell me about it. I fall for it all the time in forums

Fantastic Member

A Lonely Place of Dying showed Tim as pre/subverbal at three, with his parents worrying about the circus setting him off. Which indicates that Tim has developmental disorder. I know that there's a loud, angry fan base that swears Damian's autistic, which he's not since he's an expert at non verbal communication and was writing, talking, walking, running, climbing, and reading by one. Tim, however, especially with his swift gains when the areas relate to his special interests (Dick Grayson, Batman and Robin, surveillance) does regularly under various writers, in particular Dixon and his other original writers, meets and exceeds the diagnostic criteria for autism the same way Jason and Damian meet and exceed the criteria for C-PTSD, and depending on the writer, some of PTSD's daughter mental health issues.

As for your development, you're perfectly normal. Between 9-12 months, babies should start acquiring language with at least ten words they know and use (no, mama, dada, mine, uh-uh, uh-huh, and others dependent on environment). By 18 months they should be using sentences, even if they don't necessarily make sense. By 3, a child is fully verbal unless they have a developmental disorder or experienced severe trauma and/or neglect, and should be able to start recognizing words and letters. Four is considered the age of reason, early Millennials (born in the 80s) and previous generations by the age of four could be trusted to travel to a nearby store and make small purchases by themselves, a distance that included crossing streets and navigating intersections.

Of course, a great deal of early childhood development is driving by cultural expectations, for example Americans don't trust preschoolers with knives or fires, in Sweden, Norway, and Finland part of the kindergarten entrance exams include building survival shelters, setting snares, catching fish, foraging edible plants and fungi, starting a fire and cooking a meal based on the wild foodstuff they've acquired in addition to being potty trained, starting and maintaining conversations, and knowing their numbers, colors, and letters. That's in the winter. To enter kindergarten they have to prove they could survive a night outside with minimal to no supplies with snow on the ground. They also by the age of five know basic first aid. Scandinavians are very serious about survival. (Most kids raised in harsh environments know basic survival skills by five though, regardless of race, gender, or ethnicity. Particularly if they have an extended family and friends, or as some sociologists call it, a good nest with a cohort of other children of similar ages and several dedicated caretakers. Damian's development seems outrageous until you start comparing him children in other cultures of high economic status or Olympic athletes and then he's only slightly above average.)

In other words, you're absolutely right. Kids are wicked smart. One of the most important things that I learned as a teenager training to be a lifeguard and swimming instructor was this: a four year old is just as smart as a seventeen year old, they just are lacking in the knowledge and experience. If they are refusing to learn something, it's not because they're stupid, it's because you are failing as a teacher and need to examine your methods and alter them to fit the student, or else find the teacher who's methods and personality will work best to help the student achieve the goals.

It's why Bruce was a great teacher for Dick and Jason, mediocre for Tim, and struggles with Damian, whereas Dick is extraordinary with Damian, incredible with Tim, Rose, and most others and... I don't know. Is there anyone Dick can't teach?

But we digress. The thread is about who gets the Wayne fortune if Bruce dies, which assumes Bruce will die. That's a mighty big assumption about man who has displayed a willingness to clone himself.

It'll be the grandkids. Possibly the great grandkids, or perhaps Bruce will achieve the Confucian ideal of a family: five generations in one house which means it will be the great great grandchildren.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Really to call him just a "servant", when he pretty much helped him survive and raised him.
    Unless you were being sarcastic LOL!
    No, I’m totally being serious

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    A Lonely Place of Dying showed Tim as pre/subverbal at three, with his parents worrying about the circus setting him off. Which indicates that Tim has developmental disorder. I know that there's a loud, angry fan base that swears Damian's autistic, which he's not since he's an expert at non verbal communication and was writing, talking, walking, running, climbing, and reading by one. Tim, however, especially with his swift gains when the areas relate to his special interests (Dick Grayson, Batman and Robin, surveillance) does regularly under various writers, in particular Dixon and his other original writers, meets and exceeds the diagnostic criteria for autism the same way Jason and Damian meet and exceed the criteria for C-PTSD, and depending on the writer, some of PTSD's daughter mental health issues.
    Well, this is something I didn't know. I stand corrected about Tim being able to speak fine at 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    Of course, a great deal of early childhood development is driving by cultural expectations, for example Americans don't trust preschoolers with knives or fires, in Sweden, Norway, and Finland part of the kindergarten entrance exams include building survival shelters, setting snares, catching fish, foraging edible plants and fungi, starting a fire and cooking a meal based on the wild foodstuff they've acquired in addition to being potty trained, starting and maintaining conversations, and knowing their numbers, colors, and letters. That's in the winter. To enter kindergarten they have to prove they could survive a night outside with minimal to no supplies with snow on the ground. They also by the age of five know basic first aid. Scandinavians are very serious about survival. (Most kids raised in harsh environments know basic survival skills by five though, regardless of race, gender, or ethnicity. Particularly if they have an extended family and friends, or as some sociologists call it, a good nest with a cohort of other children of similar ages and several dedicated caretakers. Damian's development seems outrageous until you start comparing him children in other cultures of high economic status or Olympic athletes [U]and then he's only slightly above average.)
    Crazy people, these nordic folks. Wickedly smart, too.

We may digress, but at least, we do so for some interesting topic, don't we? Your posts are usually very interesting, @Arctic; it's worthy the brief drift from the ontopic path. And it helps clearing the air, easing the mood.

Edit: so, about the topic, I think it would probably go half and half (mostly) to Jason and Dick, given that they're the ones who don't have any legacy or legal (economic) supporting/funding. Tim has his own fortune, and Damian probably would have Ra's by then. And yes, I don't think Bruce would let himself die permanently before being a very old man (stubborn man). He's going to reach the 90's.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-27-2019 at 03:56 PM. Reason: phrasing

I don't think Bruce would let himself die permanently before being a very old man (stubborn man). He's going to reach the 90's.
    And even then he's likely going to outlive all these stupid derivative Robins anyway, who are pretty much fodder and won't see a dime of his to themselves.
    (as later writers replace them with their own piece of crap "all new Robin" they pull out their ass) and once they are all dead and replaced, just going to clone himself anyway, and leave his fortune and legacy to his clone self (Terry) or other self he comes up with even later. LOL
    None of these overrated superfluous sidekick characters are outliving or replacing him. (despite what some delusional fans believe LOL)
    And Alfred will inevitably be replaced by an AI (see Stark)
    His fortune and legacy is staying with him. And maybe the dog which he'll probably clone too.
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-27-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Fantastic Member

Still, not being able to form whole, perfect sentences before the 3 years, not by choice, but because he couldn't, is a bit too much, don't you think? Even if he's not a genius, he's still clever enough to be able to.
    It was a real panel in a Lonely Place of dying. Baby Tim : "Boy...wonner...wonderful" and that's him copying everyone else chanting. He admitted to having nightmare about the Flying Graysons.

DC's effort to nerf and screw up Dick's past is the reason for Tim's messy characterisation - "knew who he is, plans his life long term" or just "a good kid" over the years, and they don't or dont want to realise this. Tim was a lonely kid who grew up in the shadow of Batman and Robin, and Dick is the push the needed to become Robin in the first place, just like he pushed him to be Red Robin. And both time there's no detective work on his part with finding Bruce, just stubborness and nerotic obsession. Without that foundation, they tried hard to make him stay relevent and consistent in his motives.
    Last edited by nhienphan2808; 01-27-2019 at 07:44 PM.