Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 137
  1. #31
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Yep There was a nefarious double but Dick Grayson was called in to approve it before they any action could be taken.
    Yep, and Tim had to become emancipated to keep the double from giving it all to Ras. This whole arc made perfect sense and was very well writen.

    Damian wasn't of age or even known to the Directors and Board but it didn't stop him from going in to address the them and sort out financial issues.
    10 year old kid that nobody really knew anything about and that was recently disovered coming to tell the board of a multinacional theyll be ok financially. Looney toons story if there ever was one. You keep bringing it up as if it wasnt incredibly dumb.

    @Godlike, you seem to live in some sort of fantasy land where stuff you didnt want happening didnt count and stuff you wanted to happen you make up on the spot. The only reason we didnt get mystery and only the revelation when it came to Tims journey was because Morrison didnt tell anyone what the mystery was. The only thing they knew was that Tim was going to be the one saving Bruce. So we got a story where the mystery wasnt important, what was important were the choices Tim made in this crossroad, so see the kind of hero he would become.

    If the character had truly become irrelevant he wouldnt have gotten a solo. And the only reason he did ok sales wise was because it was Tims Drake solo, because nobody cared for "Red Robin".
    He also wouldnt have gotten in Batmans events and been pushed as the Batman/Catwoman/Red Robin trinity or the Red Robin/Batwoman pair of new mantles in the post Bruce Gotham.

    Lots of revisionism from you two.
    Last edited by Mataza; 01-25-2019 at 01:36 AM.

  2. #32
    Incredible Member kaimaciel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the fortune and assets would officially be evenly split between Dick, Tim, and Damian.

    Dick wouldn't want the company so I think it would probably be a competition between Tim and Damian over who gets to run it.

    Jason would probably get a private "gift."

    Alfred would get...well, he'd probably just stay in the manor until he died .

    I think some of the fortune would probably get donated to the GCPD and certain charities, and the Thompkins clinic. Babs would get something hefty to fund her operations.

    I could even see Bruce making sure the Justice League is indefinitely funded for everything after he passes on.
    Jason said he called dibs on the cars once. Bruce would probably leave him all his cars.

  3. #33
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    2,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Yep, and Tim had to become emancipated to keep the double from giving it all to Ras. This whole arc made perfect sense and was very well writen.


    10 year old kid that nobody really knew anything about and that was recently disovered coming to tell the board of a multinacional theyll be ok financially. Looney toons story if there ever was one. You keep bringing it up as if it wasnt incredibly dumb.

    @Godlike, you seem to live in some sort of fantasy land where stuff you didnt want happening didnt count and stuff you wanted to happen you make up on the spot. The only reason we didnt get mystery and only the revelation when it came to Tims journey was because Morrison didnt tell anyone what the mystery was. The only thing they knew was that Tim was going to be the one saving Bruce. So we got a story where the mystery wasnt important, what was important were the choices Tim made in this crossroad, so see the kind of hero he would become.

    If the character had truly become irrelevant he wouldnt have gotten a solo. And the only reason he did ok sales wise was because it was Tims Drake solo, because nobody cared for "Red Robin".
    He also wouldnt have gotten in Batmans events and been pushed as the Batman/Catwoman/Red Robin trinity or the Red Robin/Batwoman pair of new mantles in the post Bruce Gotham.

    Lots of revisionism from you two.
    Oh I never commented on the logic or quality just stuff they showed us in the titles. You felt it was dumb. That's fair. Comics can/are allowed to be dumb and WB/DC at times seems to go for dumb [Loony Toons is theirs afterall]. They kept that Dumb Morrison story in canon while retconning the RR series. smh

  4. #34
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Dick got the fortune, Tim got the company, Jason got a speech. It largely doesnt matter tho.
    Why would time drake get anything? He has a family he can go home

  5. #35
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Why would time drake get anything? He has a family he can go home
    Current Tim has a family but They are talking about Old Tim.
    The guy from the Red Robin series. He was an orphan and adopted by Bruce so the bats were his family.
    Time 'not 'Drake was the new 52 Olympic gymnast. He had parents but stole from Penguin and got his folks in trouble.
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-25-2019 at 07:59 AM.

  6. #36
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Oh I never commented on the logic or quality just stuff they showed us in the titles. You felt it was dumb. That's fair. Comics can/are allowed to be dumb and WB/DC at times seems to go for dumb [Loony Toons is theirs afterall]. They kept that Dumb Morrison story in canon while retconning the RR series. smh
    So........... @Godlikes lives in DCU current continuity land

  7. #37
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,520

    Default

    Nevermind.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-25-2019 at 11:25 AM.

  8. #38
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    They kept that Dumb Morrison story in canon while retconning the RR series. smh
    They retconned Tim Drake, all of it.

  9. #39
    Spectacular Member Schumiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    196

    Default

    As far as I know, adopted children are not treated any different than biological children legally so when Bruce dies, how his assests would be divided depends on

    1) if he left a will
    2) and if not, who at the time of his death is canonically "adopted" or considered living or biological son LMAO - because who can keep up with all that :P (all his "legal" children would then get an equal share of all his assests)

    One thing is for sure, Bruce would see to it that all his "children" are taken well care of...

    Dick is still the apparent "heir" in that he continues to be the one to fill Batman/Bruce's position whenever he goes absent (and the rest of the family kind of expect & support him to do so, too)... And during Morrison's Batman & Robin run I remember Dick complaining about having to take care of business side of things, so did look like he was left to deal with that all. But seems to me there was no official decison on how to divide Bruce's assests among his "children" by the editorial at the time so all the writers were taking liberties with it as suited their interests and how they wanted to make the character they write look... And if Bruce wasn't officially declared dead, obviously none of the kids would be officially "left" anything, they would just divide up responsibilities among themselves to keep things going...

  10. #40
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    As far as I know, adopted children are not treated any different than biological children legally so when Bruce dies, how his assests would be divided depends on

    1) if he left a will
    2) and if not, who at the time of his death is canonically "adopted" or considered living or biological son LMAO - because who can keep up with all that :P (all his "legal" children would then get an equal share of all his assests)

    One thing is for sure, Bruce would see to it that all his "children" are taken well care of...

    Dick is still the apparent "heir" in that he continues to be the one to fill Batman/Bruce's position whenever he goes absent (and the rest of the family kind of expect & support him to do so, too)... And during Morrison's Batman & Robin run I remember Dick complaining about having to take care of business side of things, so did look like he was left to deal with that all. But seems to me there was no official decison on how to divide Bruce's assests among his "children" by the editorial at the time so all the writers were taking liberties with it as suited their interests and how they wanted to make the character they write look... And if Bruce wasn't officially declared dead, obviously none of the kids would be officially "left" anything, they would just divide up responsibilities among themselves to keep things going...
    Dick and Jason are the only kids big enough to fill out a Batsuit.

  11. #41
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    It was touched on elsewhere. In The actual Batman books. It all went to Dick. There were arcs where they had to sort out affairs at WE and it was Dick and Damian who were called in.

    I recall another arc where Damian had to go in and tear the board a new one along with sort out some issues.
    I know Red Robin had something where Fox who had POA] had to pass control over to Tim because Ra's but that wasn't backed up by the Main Batman books. The story in those contradicted RR. Fox didn't have POA and the only batkids shown doing any work within or acknowledged as part of the board were Dick and Damian.
    It wasn't even the lack of acknowledgement in other Bat books that was the problem. As Godlike keeps insisting Red Robin's narrative choices didn't even make sense. I enjoyed the book a lot but how can Tim inherit everything if Bruce Wayne (Tommy Elliot) was still publicly alive? the stipulation mentioned in the comic only kicks in if Bruce dies but legally he wasn't dead and Elliot was never exposed as an impostor to even begin with so its all worthless.
    Another good point was about that cave in the Middle East, didn't even match up to anything

  12. #42
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    It wasn't even the lack of acknowledgement in other Bat books that was the problem. As Godlike keeps insisting Red Robin's narrative choices didn't even make sense. I enjoyed the book a lot but how can Tim inherit everything if Bruce Wayne (Tommy Elliot) was still publicly alive? the stipulation mentioned in the comic only kicks in if Bruce dies but legally he wasn't dead and Elliot was never exposed as an impostor to even begin with so its all worthless.
    Bruce gave power of attorney to Lucious if anything went wrong. It never stipulates Bruce should die for it to take effect.
    Tommy Elliot was overspending and that became a problem.
    If you are pretending it should happen exactly as it would in real life, then i dont know what to tell you mate, you are reading DC comics, not an official law bulletin. Your argument is so nitpicky its bull.

    Another good point was about that cave in the Middle East, didn't even match up to anything
    Its irrelevant, the story was about him becoming independent, and him figuring out that Bruce was really alive. Not about him piecing together what happened to Bruce. As much as i would have liked that story, because i really love detective work we didnt get that. Probably because Yost had no idea what Morrison was doing at the time, more than likely because nobody but Morrison did.
    Complaining about a story we didnt get as if it was a fault of the story we did get is misguided and a waste of time anyway. Not like it was a missed opportunity, it just couldnt happen.

  13. #43
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Bruce gave power of attorney to Lucious if anything went wrong. It never stipulates Bruce should die for it to take effect.
    Tommy Elliot was overspending and that became a problem.
    If you are pretending it should happen exactly as it would in real life, then i dont know what to tell you mate, you are reading DC comics, not an official law bulletin. Your argument is so nitpicky its bull.


    Its irrelevant, the story was about him becoming independent, and him figuring out that Bruce was really alive. Not about him piecing together what happened to Bruce. As much as i would have liked that story, because i really love detective work we didnt get that. Probably because Yost had no idea what Morrison was doing at the time, more than likely because nobody but Morrison did.
    Complaining about a story we didnt get as if it was a fault of the story we did get is misguided and a waste of time anyway. Not like it was a missed opportunity, it just couldnt happen.
    Its neither nitpicky nor bull, you clearly need to go back and read those stories. Elliot's overspending was already dealt with in Streets of Gotham early on so you just made up that excuse to cover up that poorly thought out plot point. Far as the world was concerned Bruce was not deceased, incapacitated, kidnapped, insane or anything else. There is absolutely no reason for Tim to assume control of the company. Behind the scenes Elliot never had control after the JL bullied him, so literally none of it adds up. I'm not asking for a crash course on corporate law but the story is contradictory, the plot points dont add up.

    It was also about searching for Bruce, it failed in that regard, but I'll cut it slack in that area because as you said that was Morrison's story to tell.

  14. #44
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    It wasn't even the lack of acknowledgement in other Bat books that was the problem. As Godlike keeps insisting Red Robin's narrative choices didn't even make sense. I enjoyed the book a lot but how can Tim inherit everything if Bruce Wayne (Tommy Elliot) was still publicly alive? the stipulation mentioned in the comic only kicks in if Bruce dies but legally he wasn't dead and Elliot was never exposed as an impostor to even begin with so its all worthless.
    Another good point was about that cave in the Middle East, didn't even match up to anything
    Oh, oh, oh! Don't forget the absolute BS of his just turning 17 and getting emancipated. Look, Tim's 16th birthday was a major storyline. In the Robin comic we literally see time passing and the number of months listing that almost a year passes before War Games and the move to Bludhaven. One Year Later is a huge part of the Robin storyline, yet FabNic is all like "He's still 16." Bullshit. I passed kindergarten. I know that Tim's 17, EVERYONE who passed first grade knows that Tim's pushing 18 before Damian is introduced. The whole emancipation plot is because you can't give someone the diagnosis of psychopath prior to the age of 18, and Tim during Red Robin scores in the 20s on the Hare test.

    In fact, Morrison in Bruce Wayne: the Return and The Road Home straight up says that Tim has to be 19, as that's the only way Tim can claim being Batman's partner longer than Dick.

    It's absolutely the Red Robin writers treating the readers like idiots incapable of following a plot, doing simple math, and having a basic grasp of logic.

    Which, let's face it, isn't exactly wrong.

  15. #45
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,730

    Default

    I guess that Dick and Damien would get the bulk of it, as things stand now. Damien would probably get Wayne Manor, being the biological heir to the Wayne family.

    Alfred and Tim would both get substantial bequesths.

    Some way would be found to get Jason something.

    Other Bat-family members like Barbara, Kate etc. would also get funding to carry on their missions.

    As far as being Batman goes, in the short-term Bruce would want Dick to take over, but in the long-term maybe he hopes that Damien takes up the mantle.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •