Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KusaSan View Post
    I'm impressed at hpw some people here can "ship" some relationship coming from nowehere. JeanXBishop ? Serioulsy ? and what next ? JeanXToad (not Blob since he's taken by Psyloke) ??
    Then there's those who refuse to abandon old, rusty ones, that are full of holes & taking on water, which are sinking and/or have already sunk... long ago.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-26-2019 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think he mean Maddie and Emma. but it didn't happened like that
    Did... did you just defend Scott?

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    No, they = Scott & Logan. A perfect time for y'all to introspect, would be my friendly suggestion.
    I just thought it made more sense as a dig against Scott fans in particular than Jott fans - I had already responded with Scott and Logan in mind, that was more in response to Ulfhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    • Interesting. Everyone being a mutant would make for an interesting world. Nice to see power displays that aren't just for combat too- which obviously connects to NextGen where the children of the atom are able to choose their own path.
    • I wonder if all of these civilians are just soulless husks or whether X-Man & the life-seed gave them life... same goes for Unveil & Moneta. Assuming our X-Men depart this reality, this would make all the difference.
    • I wonder who the mutant in distress is. Rictor?
    • Does something happen during the ALPHA issue that condemns Bishop? As we know he's one of the X-Prisoners
    In real life, every species on Earth is descended from mutants. We became human via our mutant ancestors. I'd love to see someone in the MXU acknowledge that fact.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Then there's those who refuse to abandon old, rusty ones, that are full of holes & taking on water, which are sinking and/or have already sunk... long ago.
    It's a lack of option. I just want to cheer at new things

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    In real life, every species on Earth is descended from mutants. We became human via our mutant ancestors. I'd love to see someone in the MXU acknowledge that fact.
    In real life, evolution is a crap shoot. It's not about superiority, it's about how many babies you have and how many babies they have and so forth.

A lot of mutations we see in X-Men would actually make the mutants less likely to have children. Take X-23 for instance: with her healing factor, there's a good chance that she can't sustain a pregnancy because her body would just attack any sperm or fetus. While Daken did get Wolverine's healing factor, we aren't sure if any of his other children would.

Then you have characters like Blob or Rockslide who are probably sterile because of their mutations.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Fair enough, but I would attribute new relationships as speeding cars with their brakes cut and the back seat on fire. All relationships are practically doomed. I think it just comes down to whatever seems interesting. Different strokes for different folks.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

People got pretty intrigued with Scott and Frenzy during Age of X. AU relationships don't need a lot of set up, but could have long standing effects and I think that's exciting.

Maybe we'll eventually get some kind of retcon explaining Bishop's actions post Messiah Complex.

BANNED

Well at least it's based on writing coming from comic books not something coming from nowehere. That's my whole point. If there was dynamic bewteen them and hint of such thing why not. But there is absolutely nothing bewteen those two.

So going with those that have some history and investment by fans is worse than just shaking the box and seeing what two characters stick together? Plot development through the use of a dartboard isn't creative or inspired, it's random.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Ugh, gotta love the unecessary jabs at Jean/Scott. You can like other pairings without craping on others. And don't worry all of them are screwed on the long run, It's only a matter of time, just look at scemma.
    (nothing againts the characters or relationships but it is possible to comment without being a douche sometimes)
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-26-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    In real life, evolution is a crap shoot. It's not about superiority, it's about how many babies you have and how many babies they have and so forth.
    I agree. We're descended from the few organisms who were lucky enough to get helpful mutations. I wish someone in the MXU would ask Magneto if his notion of "Homo Sapiens Superior" includes people with mutation-linked diseases like Huntington's Syndrome, Cystic Fibrosis or Tay-Sachs Disease.

Mutants are not a species. They are variants found in every species. That's why we're not all exactly alike.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Ugh, gotta love the unecessary jabs at Jean/Scott. You can like other pairings without craping on others. And don't worry all of them are screwed on the long run, It's only a matter of time, just look at scemma.
    (nothing againts the characters or relationships but it is possible to comment without being a douche sometimes)
    Is that aimed at mine? I was making a jab at the love triangle. I am a Jott supporter, but reading it again, it does sound like a jab at Jott. Sorry about that.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Is that aimed at mine? I was making a jab at the love triangle. I am a Jott supporter, but reading it again, it does sound like a jab at Jott. Sorry about that.
    Nope, I like Jean/Scott too and i have no problem with Jean/Bishop or Jean/whatever. But they are the most iconic romance and something beautiful, through all the history of the x-men and the different media. It's something good, not the cause of every trouble ever like some people who hate one of the characters or wants their favorite with one of the like to pretend.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-26-2019 at 03:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    I agree. We're descended from the few organisms who were lucky enough to get helpful mutations. I wish someone in the MXU would ask Magneto if his notion of "Homo Sapiens Superior" includes people with mutation-linked diseases like Huntington's Syndrome, Cystic Fibrosis or Tay-Sachs Disease.

Mutants are not a species. They are variants found in every species. That's why we're not all exactly alike.
    Or what about that guy who's mutation turned him into a tree? Or the one where the kid killed everyone within a certain radius of him?

It's real easy for Magneto to talk about how great being a mutant is when he has a spectacular and practical power.

For some people it really is a disease.