Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The art is so cartoonish.

The story is boring and also set in Nate's mind. How boring...

Can't wait for Uncanny X-Men 12 instead.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

So, which confirmation of "Wind Dancer repowered" are we going with? The waitress with the floating boigahs or the old lady with the tiny tornadoes?

I think Age of x-men can give the x-men a new base for future stories. Make people remember their relationships and some developments and then go forward with it.

Better than throw everything on garbage after it ends and readers feel that they put money on a filler

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    So, which confirmation of "Wind Dancer repowered" are we going with? The waitress with the floating boigahs or the old lady with the tiny tornadoes?
    Bah ha ha ha ha ha.
    I am dead.

well, the art and coloring look fantastic. I will probably pick this up for the art alone

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Interesting. I'm all for Moneta and Unveil sticking around if their powers and personalities are unique enough to warrant them sticking around. Hell, at this point, they could join up with Trinary, Gazing Nightshade, Hindsight & Pyro to form a brand-new subgroup of mutants.

I'm hoping that NextGen will open the students' eyes to the possibilities of a future outside of the X-Men, and not to have such a grim outlook when it comes to being a mutant. I recall seeing some blue costumes somewhere which would be nice. Even if they're still training duds, it'd be nice to get them out of the 'classic' look they're retained for years.

I'm hoping at the very least that some of the friendships and/or team members continue beyond the Age of X-Man (Psylocke+Iceman+Northstar) (Pixie+Armor+Rockslide) (Polaris+Dani+Bishop). Honestly though there's so much room for character growth and I hope it sticks. I'm very very interested in where Rosenberg and/or whoever is writing the X-Men beyond the Age of X-Man is going to take the franchise, and how they'll possibly divvy up all of our beloved X-Men.

I feel like it'll be like Age of X where their past life is just shrouded so to speak, and they've false memories implanted. I think it's the easiest way to proceed. Either way, they better not wipe the slate clean. Seeing all the fresh character interactions last beyond the event would be ideal, and changing things up a little helps pave the way for future stories.

I could see the Extremists entering the picture to arrest Bishop. That's their role after all. I absolutely think it may be Jean who dobs him in, otherwise you'd think she'd be complicit too.

I'm not so sure that he chose to grant Apocalypse allies in Kitty, Dazzler and Eye Boy, like in Age of X (which I continuously find myself referring to) where Legion had no control over the X-Men as individuals, despite having crafted the world they lived in. I also think it's fully possible that he subconsciously implanted threats to his 'regime' because of any lingering doubts he may have had regarding his actions.

As for Eye-Boy, I do wonder if he may be able to see through the ruse.
    Good point that Nate probably doesn't have total control in this situation, especially if his powers are waning from the Life Seed. But I can totally him thinking that Apocalypse is so evil and bad that he is automatically a good person just because he is against him.

Good point about Eye Boy, that might actually be rather interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think Age of x-men can give the x-men a new base for future stories. Make people remember their relationships and some developments and then go forward with it. ...
    Maybe that's its primary purpose. Beyond spinnin' a really good yarn, that is. Like yourself, and as many others have SO ingeniously & optimistically hypothesized, that's my hope. Also:

CBR.com, EXCLUSIVE: Age of X-Man Alpha Preview Kicks Off a New Era for Mutants
    Since the very beginning, the X-Men's struggles have been defined by a simple, seemingly unobtainable goal: Equality for mutants. A preview for Age of X-Man Alpha #1 reveals what a world that has achieved such equality looks like. Then, of course, it strips it all away.

The preview sees alternate versions of classic X-Men characters, like Jean Grey, Magneto and Nightcrawler (among others), arriving in a reality that is seemingly a mutant utopia. It doesn't take long for the crew to realize that something is amiss, as an unearthly wail can be heard coming from the Museum of Mutant History and the psychics in the group key into the presence of someone -- or something -- in a great deal of pain.

Age of X-Man Alpha #1 acts as the starting point for Marvel Comics' next big X-Men event, the Age of X-Man. The event springs off the relaunch of Uncanny X-Men, which saw the return of Age of Apocalypse's X-Man, who quickly came to blows with another powerful mutant, Legion, when he went about trying to reshape reality. ...
    Huh, missed that originally, wonder if it could be a clue?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jyamen View Post
    ... I will probably pick this up for the art alone
    This seems to be a recurring theme, which is not a bad thing.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-25-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I'm sorry I just can't buy a Mutant Utopia and have someone missing an eye. I swear it's like we are trained to not think of better heathcare even when things are great. Are there no mutant healers that can deal with that? That can give 20/20 (no ones wearing glasses) vision but not fix eye damage?

Not a fan of this art. Is just boring and not dynamic at all.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    A world populated entirely by mutants and it looks like 1950's America?

Have a little creativity....
    I know, right!? Someone's imagination was dialed all the way to "OFF" and is now stuck on that setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Maybe that's its primary purpose. Beyond spinnin' a really good yarn, that is. Like yourself, and as many others have SO ingeniously & optimistically hypothesized, that's my hope. Also:

CBR.com, EXCLUSIVE: Age of X-Man Alpha Preview Kicks Off a New Era for Mutants

Huh, missed that originally, wonder if it could be a clue?
    Apocalypse was supposed to be the first mutant, so there’s that...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Apocalypse was supposed to be the first mutant, so there’s that...
    Isn't Selene older?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Isn't Selene older?
    She is. She's the established oldest mutant. Apocalypse was born a few centuries after her.

Extraordinary Member

I always thought that while Selene was first, Apocalypse was the first to really get his genes into the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    I'm sorry I just can't buy a Mutant Utopia and have someone missing an eye. I swear it's like we are trained to not think of better heathcare even when things are great. Are there no mutant healers that can deal with that? That can give 20/20 (no ones wearing glasses) vision but not fix eye damage?
    Well, you have ruined this event for me.