Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    wait that prick walking his dog while showing off his levitation perk for no reason is my new second favorite x-character
    Not the car washing guy using his levitation powers for good by reaching the difficult parts of the windshield?

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Yep, the X-Man behind the curtain will lose control, and eventually be confronted. But I think the undoing of his sublime suburbia, will be through more subversive tactics. As opposed to the OTT, in-your-face frontal assaults, of Disassembled.
    That does seem to be the only way to defeat a foe like that. You have to basically shatter their perfect world to show them that a utopia just isn’t something that can be obtained sad though that may be as even in a utopia, there will always be those who go against the grain.

This art is beautiful. I might pick up just for that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Only end of event thing I hope happens is that they keep their memories (and for some of them, their costumes)
    It'll be gut-wrenching if all our X-Men don't retain their memories of the entire event. I found it disappointing that the Mike Carey Age of X event only had a long-lasting impact on a handful of X-Men (Chamber, Frenzy, Tempo, Hellion, Pixie). Given Disassembled + Age of X-Man are apart of the big upheaval (Fresh Start) of the X-Men, wiping away all the hard work of the creators developing the Age of X-Man series' feels like wastage.
    I would have no problems with some of the X-Men retaining their costumes too (Nature Girl & Northstar for starters) or perhaps adapting their current costumes for some hybrid design.

so much they could do with that. i know someone else already pointed it out but the ‘love is forbidden’ plotline looks to show love through the lens of queer identity, body positivity, and interracial relationships. all the more apparent with the 50s theme going on.
    It'd make it hard to be sympathetic with Jean if she turned over Lucas, but I suppose we'd just have to accept that she's following the rules. It'd certainly be a good plot choice in terms of reinforcing the forbidden love thing they're going for.

Y'all read my mind. My initial, refleXive guess also, considerin', but could it be... Legion?
    I almost forgot Legion was wrapped up in this. Of course it makes sense for him to be involved in whatever chaos is occurring. I mean, it could even be Nate acquired all of these other mystery mutants from the legion...

Astonishing Member

wait that prick walking his dog while showing off his levitation perk for no reason is my new second favorite x-character
    the early 2000s District X book had a lot of scenes like that. it was a book about a China town style mutant neighbourhood with a lot of people using their powers casually. When Wanda depowered the mutants, some died because they were flying or phased into the ground.
    But then there were also some happy ones because they looked like monsters before and now they were "normal" attractive people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    This art is beautiful. I might pick up just for that
    Yeah, I was kind of hoping this wouldn't look so hot so I could give my wallet a break but, damn, it looks pretty freaking good.

Gonna have to get it.

"I've never seen anything like Zis"

Uh...I don't remember Nightcrawler ever using "Zis." Usually he just peppers in a random German word or two...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Uh...I don't remember Nightcrawler ever using "Zis." Usually he just peppers in a random German word or two...
    This is how X-Man thinks Germans speaking English should sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I actually hate him saying Mein Gott like it's a catchphrase 100x more than character accents bleeding into the text.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I actually hate him saying Mein Gott like it's a catchphrase 100x more than character accents bleeding into the text.
    I prefer "Mein Gott," but to each their own .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    I wish it didn't look so good. Magneto is in it, and his groomed beard is kinda nice. I love the art; the art is so clean; what a pleasure to read. So, the quirks like the 1950s small town setting--isn't this all the creation of Nate Grey? Interesting psychological insight--when Legion created his realm (Age of X) it was militant, futuristic, filled with fortresses and confrontations. Nate's psychosis is manifesting as a 1950s style model suburbia, LOL! Nate grew up in the alternate AoA Universe which was dystopian to the extreme, so I guess he's projecting what he thinks is paradise.

I have no idea where the Age of X-Man is going. What the purpose is, what the plot is about. Will each individual book have its own story? Will there be an overarching story that links the books? Is every character going to be a pod-person except for a couple of "heroes" (like Bishop, Jean) who will be our point-of-view narrators (like Wolverine was in House of M)?

Anyway, yeah, I will probably buy this.
    Comixology?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That does seem to be the only way to defeat a foe like that. You have to basically shatter their perfect world to show them that a utopia just isn’t something that can be obtained sad though that may be as even in a utopia, there will always be those who go against the grain.
    Maybe obtained, but not sustained. 'Cause "perfection" isn't real, it can only be fabricated, a falsehood that's created in one's mind. And sooner or later, the illusion will be shattered. And as we all well know, what lies beneath, won't be pretty. Nothing is as it seems, certainly not Nate & his Happy Valley. But I'm no longer buyin' what Apoc & his X-tracts claim they're sellin', either. I don't trust anyone in this make-believe, whacked-out nirvana. They're all out to deceive us, and up to no good.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 01-24-2019 at 10:22 PM.

BANNED

assault on pleasant hill 2.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Please god... I hope they aren't writing Kurts accent out phonetically. It always sounds ridiculously stupid, (that terrible punk/rock climber look is enough). And it never sounds German in your head. It sounds closer to Count Chocula.

Maybe he's saying "I've never seen anything like... Zisandria - a magical place." Yes! That's it!
    LOL! NO WAY is using a German exclamation worse than sounding out an accent phonetically, especially on a character that has never done it before. It sounds stupid as hell. He really ends up sounding like this guy and not "German."

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    It's Bean.
    Pffftt.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-24-2019 at 11:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe obtained, but not sustained. 'Cause "perfection" isn't real, it can only be fabricated, a falsehood that's created in one's mind. And sooner or later, the illusion will be shattered. And as we all well know, what lies beneath, won't be pretty. Nothing is as it seems, certainly not Nate & his Happy Valley. But I'm no longer buyin' what Apoc & his X-tracts claim they're sellin', either. I don't trust anyone in this make-believe, whacked-out nirvana. They're all out to deceive us, and up to no good.
    Of course you can't trust Apocalypse, he's nuts. He always thinks he's doing what is right. To make things better, he actually could be considered a god, which means for us that we do have to consider that he actually does have his place in the Marvel cosmic hierarchy.

He's just also insane, petty, cruel, paranoid, and narcissistic. And extremely violent.

The only reason he's the hero here is because Nate is the villain. And we don't really even know what either of them are selling.