Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Without Boom backups, I am questioning the justification for this book's existence as well as my will to live.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Without Boom backups, I am questioning the justification for this book's existence as well as my will to live.
    I'm reading this for Boom-Boom and to see what continued atrocities Brisson is going to inflict on Rachel. This contrived "Stryfe is back and selling future arms to countries" reeks of the 90's lead-in to "X-Cutioner's Song".

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Shatterstar and Deathlok don't give a ****.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Great opening. Nice action scene, some recap and establishes the characters very quickly. The art has definitely grown on me, very exciting and expressive. Definitely an X-Force book.

Oh, and I'm over Cable getting killed. Long live Cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I like the cover and the art is good.

I still do not like Kid Cable but the comic got a good start the X-Force style is easily recognized.
    Agreed. The art is growing on me. Kid Cable is not. But oh well. The original will be back soon, or they’ll age him up and have him hit puberty and hit a weight room at some point. Until then, well, Stryfe is coming. Hopefully he’s the right age at least and not also a skinny kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I'm reading this for Boom-Boom and to see what continued atrocities Brisson is going to inflict on Rachel. This contrived "Stryfe is back and selling future arms to countries" reeks of the 90's lead-in to "X-Cutioner's Song".
    I kind of hope they finally reverse their weak reveal that Stryfe was the clone in X-Cutioner’s Song. That in itself was a reversal because, until that point, all hints had pointed to Cable being the “flawed genetic clone” of Stryfe actually. Could be cool if Brisson finally undid that twist. At least IMO.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    - We shouldn't kill when there's other options, James!

*Shatterstar proceeds to disembowel the closest goon without a care in the world*
    *Domino is going wild with the head shots*

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    - We shouldn't kill when there's other options, James!

*Shatterstar proceeds to disembowel the closest goon without a care in the world*
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    *Domino is going wild with the head shots*
    This is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I kind of hope they finally reverse their weak reveal that Stryfe was the clone in X-Cutioner’s Song. That in itself was a reversal because, until that point, all hints had pointed to Cable being the “flawed genetic clone” of Stryfe actually. Could be cool if Brisson finally undid that twist. At least IMO.
    not sure if srs

Nathan Christopher Summers was the baby infected with the transmode virus and sent into the future.

Cable is a grown man from the future with transmode cybernetic enhancements.

Stryfe showed no signs of transmode anything.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    not sure if srs

Nathan Christopher Summers was the baby infected with the transmode virus and sent into the future.

He's probably talking before him being Nathan was established. Liefield was gonna make Cable a clone of Stryfe that rebelled against him.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    not sure if srs

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    He's probably talking before him being Nathan was established. Liefield was gonna make Cable a clone of Stryfe that rebelled against him.
    Cable has a very messy origin https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-legends-revealed-201/ and I am not just talking in the comics.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I would leave the origin for the older Cable alone because it works as it is, but I'd consider making that the origin for this new, young Cable. A clone of Stryfe that rebelled against some kind of programming due to having the memories of the original Cable in some way or another and who ended up infected by the transmode virus. It's no more convulted than Honey Badger's origin. A clone of a clone of a real person.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I wouldn’t have minded Kid Cable having a different origin in some ways from the original version. In fact, my original thought was that this was the case and it was an attempt to streamline the character somewhat. But they’ve been pretty insistent that he is in fact “our Cable” only younger.