Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Good Vibrations! Cisco Ramon Appreciation Thread 2019

First appearance: Justice League of America Annual #2 (October 1984)

Created by: Gerry Conway (writer), Chuck Patton (artist)

New year, new thread.

Also, Cisco recently cameod in an episode of Young Justice. spoilers:
    He's the towel boy for Victor Stone's high school football team.
    end of spoilers

Thanks for starting the new Cisco Ramon Vibe thread.

Link to the original, if anyone wants reference:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ciation-thread

And Last page and posts were:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-thread/page10
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-26-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho
    So who would you make Cisco's main antagonist / villain counterpart?
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway
    A martial artist or Gizmo from TT.
    I actually thought this was a great idea.
    Wasn't there an adult Gizmo? He would actually make a great nemesis for Cisco.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek
    You have to realize that Geoff Johns was the only character[creator?] who got behind Vibe and wanted to do something with him. As soon as Justice League of America and Vibe's series ended I kinda knew that I wasn't going to see him again. Jamie is always going to get a shot at something, he's a legacy character. Sideways is always going to get a shot, he's a Didio character. Vibe is awesome but he was a pet character. He was doomed from the start.
    This seems, sad yet unfortunately true.
    truth is, his best shot is right now while he's actually a character on a TV series, yet with that, he doesn't appear anywhere in the comics.
    If not now, he'll have even less of a chance after.

As far as Johns being the only creator vying for him, I think there was also Andrew Kreisberg who was writer on Vibe's book (an helped somewhat re-invent) , and then became creator (with Guggenheim, and Berlanti) of the CW verse, Arrow, Flash etc... hence Cisco's inclusion into the Flash TV show.
    That TV schedule (and other reasons, yikes just read the wiki) keeps him from the comics.

So yeah there is only Johns.
    And Didio seems to be pushing Sideways which is fine, but he seems like a complete reworking of the same, there apparently isn't room for both?
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-26-2019 at 01:59 PM.

I mostly know him from the New 52 comic and the show. I feel like if you were to do another Vibe solo aspects of the show's take on him should bleed in. Not every aspect nor exactly the same way but it should take some notes.

I actually don't know who should be his archenemy or big bad. Gizmo works as a recurring rogue or a seasonal rival in the show.

Goes here too:
    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Your boy Cisco made an appearance in Episode 10 of YJ

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Also, Cisco recently cameod in an episode of Young Justice. spoilers:
    He's the towel boy for Victor Stone's high school football team.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah!!! , oh wait, that's pretty depressing, thanks! LOL!
    And LOL the spoiler tags for "the towel boy" reveal, like it's some fantastic reveal, so great you want to keep it under wraps and not ruin it. LOL! (we really need a laughing so hard I'm crying emoji in here)
    Go Vibe!

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I mostly know him from the New 52 comic and the show. I feel like if you were to do another Vibe solo aspects of the show's take on him should bleed in. Not every aspect nor exactly the same way but it should take some notes.
    Have to agree. From the old thread...https://community.cbr.com/showthread...72#post1918772

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho
    I'd be interested in an ongoing series maybe called VIBE(S)

Pretty much TV's Cisco Ramon; his look, especially his dorky personality, t-shirts, etc. , and with it his mechanical engineer know how.

Have ...Cisco(Vibe) gradually understand and honing his powers, not just vibing where he can "see" other dimension/timeline events, but eventually being able to physically vibrate between them all, becoming an actual breacher able to navigate them at will.

The temptation of being able to constantly jump between them, choose one to live in forever, or to change influence one to his liking, where everything is "perfect", extract things, effect events he does like, doesn't like from one to the other.
    Effect his own time-line/dimension, almost creating his own timeline dimension as he wishes out of everything out there, imagine the power, the potential, and the danger.

Being aware off all the possible alternate realities/timelines, not just good ones but horrible ones as well, like a constant vivid dream he Vibes, I imagine would be quite overwhelming.
    Almost frightening. (as they've hinted on the show)

Even further, ....Anything available from the Comics multiple Earths and more.
    It would all be his beautiful but also terrifying playground.
    How does it affect (for better and worse) the "real" timeline, the one he left, the one he entered, the one he created by entering it, etc. And how does it effect him, his own conscious if his "reality" becomes so mutable?

It's all probably too much for the TV show (where he isn't the focus), but it can really play out in a comic.

There's a great theme and visuals that works for the comic character, and they've hinted at it, but dropped it.
    Combined with Cisco's fun TV character and personality at the heart of it, I think it could really work.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Goes here too:

Yeah!!! , oh wait, that's pretty depressing, thanks! LOL!
    And LOL the spoiler tags for "the towel boy" reveal, like it's some fantastic reveal, so great you want to keep it under wraps and not ruin it. LOL! (we really need a laughing so hard I'm crying emoji in here)
    Go Vibe!

Have to agree. From the old thread...https://community.cbr.com/showthread...72#post1918772
    You could pitch it as Doctor Who in the DCU.

Spectacular Member

I was so happy when i heard them say Cisco's name in YJ. Hopefully he makes more appearances when YJ comes back in June. Considering the story line with darkseid and granny goodness he might get stuck in a boom tube like in his new 52 origin.

Ultimate Member

Where is Vibe now in canon, anyways? He seemed to vanish after the Villains United crossover, thereabouts

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Where is Vibe now in canon, anyways? He seemed to vanish after the Villains United crossover, thereabouts
    He hasnt appeared in Rebirth yet. Last we see of him was actually him working with waller and asking her to help him find his brother and gypsy father.

Astonishing Member

I
    Quote Originally Posted by SelinaK12 View Post
    He hasnt appeared in Rebirth yet. Last we see of him was actually him working with waller and asking her to help him find his brother and gypsy father.
    In his New 52 solo, wasn't Vibe's younger brother also working with/for Waller at he end?

It's been awhile, and I might be misremembering what the statuses of all 3 Ramon brothers last were.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I

In his New 52 solo, wasn't Vibe's younger brother also working with/for Waller at he end?

It's been awhile, and I might be misremembering what the statuses of all 3 Ramon brothers last were.
    Yea i think he was and vibe older brother armando was stuck on the other planet

Astonishing Member

Yea i think he was and vibe older brother armando was stuck on the other planet
    Yeah. I think the youngest brother and/or Cisco was with Waller as a means of freeing their elder brother. I think.

Ultimate Member

Wait, it's been that flipping long? Cisco kills it in Flash once a week and his comics counterpart is still in limbo?

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yeah 80's Vibe (down to the 80's name) was clearly based on Adolfo Gutierrez Quiñones aka Shabba-Doo.
    And although these looks and style had been played out for a while, the movie Breakin' brought main stream, and that's likely where creators Conway & Patton came on him, Vibe appeared the same year jsut a few months right after Breakin'. LOL!
    Talk about putting a date "stamp" on a character: LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-WG0gdg2QA

They have since found a way to reinvent the character and powers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    ... (he can laugh about it now--see the latest FLASH episode where he references Ozone from BREAKIN'), .

LOL just caught that episode, can't believe they finally got to reference Adolfo Gutierrez Quiñones aka Shabba-Doo's Breakin' as the 80s Vibe influence LOL!
    And I liked how they used it as a place for Cisco and Nora to connect, doubt anyone else would know what they were talking about.
    lol!
    Although they totally dodged using it as one of Cisco's alternate-time-stream date personalities.
    Nooo! Never mind saving everyone, ...she needs to go back one more time, so we an see it!!!!
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-22-2019 at 08:44 AM.

from Who's Who Update '87 Vol. 5 (December 1987)