The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default Utility belt items that are unique to Batman OR Robin

I imagine that for the most part, the equipment carried in Robin's (all of them through the years) utility belt more or less duplicates the set carried in Batman's utility belt. Nevertheless, there are probably some items in their utility belts that are unique to one or the other of them. For example, I doubt any of the Robins carried a Kryptonite ring like Batman's to deal with rogue Kryptonians, if only because there wasn't enough Kryptonite around to make a second one. What other utility belt items are likely unique to either Batman or Robin, and are not common to both of them?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Last edited by Buried Alien; 06-09-2019 at 01:20 AM.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Robin Dick has a radio in the belt buckle. Originally it has wires and looks clunky like older James Bond gadget, but the Bronze Age one the buckle can be taken out and hold like a speaker. All radios have been replaced with earpieces on the masks these days.

Babsgirl of Burnside uses her smartphone and that goes in the belt bag.

Jason's probably got spare ammunition in his pockets. I just don't remember seeing him reloading.

Nightwing doesn't have a utility belt so his gadgets and weapons like the wingdings, communicator, and binoculars are hidden in his gauntlets, boots, and masks. I think he can google with his mask but I don't really remember.

Tim, I don't remember. The go-to gadget when I read him was the holographic computer on his wrist.

The most common items are rope, grappling hooks, smoke pellets, gas masks, tracking devices and their variants of Batarang.

Oh in the SNES game there's flashlight on their belt buckles, both Batman and Robin, but in modern comics it's night vision on the masks.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 06-08-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Batman probably has propo's in his.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

I always liked the idea of each member having their own unique Batarangs. Batman has those, Robin has either the birdarangs or R shaped shurikens. Nightwing has Wing-Dings, I always loved the goofy name. Batgirl could reuse the Batarang name but I think she needs something more unique to her.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Tim has a bo staff, while Damian has a sword. I imagine they keep those items hidden within their utility belts similar to what we see Link do in the Legend of Zelda series with the many items he's always carrying around.