View Poll Results: Would you have bought this?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!!!

17 70.83%
  • Nah. Not for me.

7 29.17%

Default What Could’ve Been: The New X-Men/Young Avengers Limited Conflict

https://mobile.twitter.com/yost/stat...71535772676096
    Quote Originally Posted by yost
    this page was Civil War tie-in related, but really was to set up the mini-series called 'The New X-Men/Young Avengers Limited Conflict' wherein the New X-Men actually did go beat up the Young Avengers for absolutely no reason. And they went to the Savage Land I think.

That would’ve been great.

Not a bad idea but sorry it's already a bad example the old generation can only solve their problems with punches.
    I prefer that they leave the new generation out of it.

Instead would love to see the two teams working together in a mini.

Astonishing Member

New xmen would win.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Not a bad idea but sorry it's already a bad example the old generation can only solve their problems with punches.

The fact that Yost emphasized on them fighting for no reason leads me to think that they would’ve lampshaded the “why are we always fighting each other instead of the villains” heavily. I wish they met the Runaways since it’s apparently a right of passage for young groups to beat the Runaways’ ass

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    New xmen would win.
    It depends on whether or not Wiccan has access to his powers to change reality. Without that think the mutants take advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The fact that Yost emphasized on them fighting for no reason leads me to think that they would’ve lampshaded the “why are we always fighting each other instead of the villains” heavily. I wish they met the Runaways since it’s apparently a right of passage for young groups to beat the Runaways’ ass
    For many the motive is the least important part as long heroes can punch each other's faces.

Ultimate Member

I think it would have been a neat 'take that' meta-comment on the hero vs. hero trend for them to get together and *appear* to fight, but sneak off and go clubbing or whatever. While some magical simulacra of them are bombastically throwing each other around for the cameras, the real Young Avengers and New X-Men are watching the action on a big monitor and making snarky comments about the whole 'A vs. X' thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post

That's exactly how the Champions came into existence. Civil War II split the ANAD Avengers in two.

Also, there's two pretty major problems right now. The Young Avengers are currently disbanded and the New X-Men are currently out of commission (Age of X-Man).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They did meet the Runaways, you've posted about it

S/O to that time we got a mini New X-Men/Runaways crossover:

New X men would win. Pixie isn't as prolific as a magic user as Wiccan, but I would think it should be enough. The rest of the Young Avengers should be easy work.

So at this point it would’ve been:
    New X-Men: Prodigy, Elixir, Hellion, Rockslide, Dust, Surge, Mercury
    Young Avengers: Patriot, Hawkeye, Wiccan, Hulkling, Stature, Speed, Vision

The New X-Men could win this since Wiccan isn’t full Demiurge at this point.

If we did a composite team versus, who would y’all have on each side? Especially since they both intersect with a certain guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

S/O to that time we got a mini New X-Men/Runaways crossover:

Oh wait I meant like an “official” mini or arc where they fight or something akin to Runaways/Young Avengers or Runaways/Avengers Academy.

So at this point it would’ve been:
    New X-Men: Prodigy, Elixir, Hellion, Rockslide, Dust, Surge, Mercury
    Young Avengers: Patriot, Hawkeye, Wiccan, Hulkling, Stature, Speed, Vision

The New X-Men could win this since Wiccan isn’t full Demiurge at this point.

If we did a composite team versus, who would y’all have on each side? Especially since they both intersect with a certain guy.
    I think you're kinda downplaying how powerful Wiccan was before the Demiurge reveal. He took out the Wrecking Crew single handed during Siege. At the very least he could keep a heavy hitter like Hellion occupied while his team dealt with the rest. Laura's plot armor would probably mean she'd just sneak up on him somehow.
    Pixie would probably be able to take him though.

You're also underestimating how powerful Speed and Young Vision are. Speed is faster than anything the New X-Men have, Surge can't keep up with him without running out of juice and then there's the fact that he can blow stuff up along the way.
    The adult Vision recently took out the Ultimates and the Avengers while trying to assassinate Victor Mancha, and young Vision can do everything he can as well as potentially everything Iron Lad and Kang can. As a sentient shapeshifting neurokinetic armor from the 30th century, Jonas was like Nimrod but even more advanced, and it took the entire team working together to take down Nimrod.

But the fight would probably be the least interesting part of a crossover between these two teams.
    The New X-Men have a legitimate reason to hate Wanda Maximoff, and that would be a great source of conflict for these two groups. Especially since Wiccan and Speed thought they were mutants at this point.
    Last edited by Beetle; 01-26-2019 at 06:33 PM.

I don't even care if they fought! Them interacting and a great artist would have made me buy this soooooo quick!

Why you gotta do this to me Yost? Life is already depressing as is. FFS...

https://mobile.twitter.com/yost/stat...71535772676096

Originally Posted by yost
    this page was Civil War tie-in related, but really was to set up the mini-series called 'The New X-Men/Young Avengers Limited Conflict' wherein the New X-Men actually did go beat up the Young Avengers for absolutely no reason. And they went to the Savage Land I think.
    Dxth1kOVYAEAlMc.jpg

That would’ve been great.
    Anole is snappin'
    The Green Kween is NOT having it
    Last edited by BroHomo; 01-26-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    What a wasted opportunity that was.
    Only a few pages about Runwaways/NXM, the whole issue was about Wolverine befriending another teenage girl.