Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Call me when comic book geeks start rioting in the streets and setting cars on fire everytime WB/DC release another crappy movie.
    I wouldn’t put it pass them.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I wouldn’t put it pass them.
    Heh. If CB fans were as numerous as sports fans, they just might.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Heh. If CB fans were as numerous as sports fans, they just might.
    "Fans of Wonder Woman took to the streets and burned down Mile High Comics today. This was in response to the reveal of the latest issue with her now wearing pants. 17 were injured. On to sports ..."

"Avengers fans took to the streets of New York and rioted after the latest movie surpassed $1B. Half of them were arrested."
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-31-2019 at 05:45 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I stopped on Maher when he went on Islamophobic rants multiple times. Over the past few years, I've seen when he hit the news wire for feeling like he somehow should be exempted from judgment when he used the n-word.

So... he's already been an ***hole. His reaction to Stan Lee's death, and now attacking comic book fans for daring to question him...

Well, he seems to believe he's above reproach.

Spoiler Alert: He's not. And he can f*** right off.

Eh, I wasn't exactly the brightest person around when I was a teenager (I mean, I didn't earn the Doogie nickname for nothing), but considering how Religulous was just about Abrahamic religions, I wasn't on his case because I felt he had a "Pay Attention to Me!" mentality.

See it hasn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

"Avengers fans took to the streets of New York after the latest movie surpassed $1B. Half of them were taken to hospital for shortness of breath & anxiety attacks after climbing a set of steps to Ray's Famous Pizza. The streets ran red from contents of spilled frozen cherry slushies'. The casualties were described as "pathetic, grossly obese & galacticly lonely ."
    Fixed for you.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Call me when comic book geeks start rioting in the streets and setting cars on fire everytime WB/DC release another crappy movie.
    Now I'm imagining a post ComiCon riot where people in costumes take to the street wreaking havoc (with some others in costume trying to stop them) ... it'd be like the best comicbook crossover ever.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Now I'm imagining a post ComiCon riot where people in costumes take to the street wreaking havoc (with some others in costume trying to stop them) ... it'd be like the best comicbook crossover ever.
    In college my friends and I were dressed as Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Moon Knight, and Daredevil (this was 2003ish) and my friend dressed as Iron Fist got in a brawl with the Flash at a Halloween party. His friends were dressed as assorted members of the Justice League and we were all trying to pull them apart. After the fight and we separated the two of them the rest of us continued to drink and laughed about how stupid the whole thing was while we played flip cup and beer pong.

So I've literally been involved in a superhero fight between the New Avengers and the JLA, that ended in a "team up".
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    In college my friends and I were dressed as Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Moon Knight, and Daredevil (this was 2003ish) and my friend dressed as Iron Fist got in a brawl with the Flash at a Halloween party. His friends were dressed as assorted members of the Justice League and we were all trying to pull them apart. After the fight and we separated the two of them the rest of us continued to drink and laughed about how stupid the whole thing was while we played flip cup and beer pong.

So I've literally been involved in a superhero fight between the New Avengers and the JLA, that ended in a "team up".

Crisis at House Party

A 5 part event written by Brian Michael Bendis and Tom King

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Crisis at House Party

A 5 part event written by Brian Michael Bendis and Tom King
    It was one of the dumbest and best things I've ever been involved in. I'll have to see if I can find pictures we took from that night, I posted some YEARS ago.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

It was one of the dumbest and best things I've ever been involved in. I'll have to see if I can find pictures we took from that night, I posted some YEARS ago.
    It's almost scary how those two things often co-exist at the same happening.

Must've been Wally West Flash that set Danny off ... Those red heads ... always troublemakers they are.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-04-2019 at 02:27 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium