Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I was particularly annoyed when Johns offed her and Hector so quickly in the pages of JSA, when she had just been returned to us..
    That wasn't Johns though. That particular story was written by Keith Champagne. And he was more acting as a hitman for editorial and Steve Gerber who wanted them out of the way for his Doctor Fate book (which became part of the Countdown into Mystery mini) since Gerber apparently wanted a clean slate and didn't want any of the prior baggage of Hector Hall as Dr. Fate or all the related mythology established in JSA.

From Fury's first appearance in All-Star Squadron #25 (September 1983):

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    One of the characters I was most interested in when I started reading comics and came across Lyta in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Sadly, we didn't get too much time spent between her and her mother to explore their relationship together. Which would have been nice, because there are not as many mother-daughter relationships and legacies explored in comics.

I was particularly annoyed when Johns offed her and Hector so quickly in the pages of JSA, when she had just been returned to us. I was all ready for a Fate & Fury, following the super exploits of a married couple and their magic and might combo. A missed opportunity, but Wonder characters always seem to suffer erasure or boneheaded revamps.
    Fury lost much of what made her interesting when Golden Age Wonder Woman was retroactively removed from DC continuity, but I remained a fan. But though DC didn't say to much about it -- it was the Vertigo office that claimed ownership of Lyta Hall -- being that she had a significant role in the Sandman series. It's too bad, because I also thinkg a Fate & Fury series had a lot of potential. Hector made a fascinating Dr. Fate -- and having a wife with ties to Greek Mythology would have been a bonus.

But being that her son became Dream -- I guess was too strong a connection to the Vertigo universe -- and thus they requested that DC cease and desist using the character. So we lost both Hector and Lyta. Note that Johns apparently pissed by this edict -- did not even contribute to their final appearance.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I was too young for Infinity Inc. but own WW #300 and the idea of her always fascinated me. So much so I bought Earth 2 solely because a new version of her would be appearing in it and had her best design. They never should have changed it, it was awesome!

Attachment 77653

But this is about Lyta Trevor-Hall and all I know of her came from the Helena Kosmatos version that appeared in Phil Jimenez's Wonder Woman.
    I just wish that version of Fury would have retained blonde hair. She looks too much like Wonder Woman in the pic above. But the blonde hair was inherited by Steve Trevor, and he wasn't the father of the character in Earth 2.

It's a shame that others haven't played more with the idea of "Wonder Woman's daughter" even in alternate universes/timelines etc. I guess people just liked the idea of Wonder Girl more and kinda stuck to that, making Fury seem redundant. But yes, a reboot would be cool since she has a rich history but since she hasn't been seen for so long, not too many people would be upset by changing some stuff around. With the Multiverse re-established, there's no reason she couldn't still be (a) Wonder Woman's daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I was too young for Infinity Inc. but own WW #300 and the idea of her always fascinated me. So much so I bought Earth 2 solely because a new version of her would be appearing in it and had her best design. They never should have changed it, it was awesome!

But this is about Lyta Trevor-Hall and all I know of her came from the Helena Kosmatos version that appeared in Phil Jimenez's Wonder Woman.
    I just wish that version of Fury would have retained blonde hair. She looks too much like Wonder Woman in the pic above. But the blonde hair was inherited by Steve Trevor, and he wasn't the father of the character in Earth 2.
    The New52 Earth 2 version of "Fury" wasn't the same character as the pre-Flashpoint Lyta, so be thankful that she was drawn the way she was. The New52 version was a faux, reimagined version of character that will hopefully be kept separate from the original version of Lyta if/when she may ever possibly return.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    One of those issues where they tried to straighten out Lyta's backstory in a post-Crisis on Infinite Earths continuity . . .
    OMG What a GOOD Story, Thank You! It made me nostalgic for what I missed.

I wish Lyta and Hunter would meet each other and be Diana's two alternate reality children in the present.

Astonishing Member

I'm hoping there is return of Lyta and Hector Hall given the return of the JSA and its offspring in Doomsday Clock. They were taken in by Sandman II since Vertigo's boss didn't like the characters appearing in the DC universe. But now that there is no separation of Vertigo and DCU -- they should be able to return at some point. But I would prefer that they find a way to connect Lyta to Golden Age Wonder Woman -- and that the JSA came from a parallel world -- much like Power Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'm hoping there is return of Lyta and Hector Hall given the return of the JSA and its offspring in Doomsday Clock. They were taken in by Sandman II since Vertigo's boss didn't like the characters appearing in the DC universe. But now that there is no separation of Vertigo and DCU -- they should be able to return at some point. But I would prefer that they find a way to connect Lyta to Golden Age Wonder Woman -- and that the JSA came from a parallel world -- much like Power Girl.
    I think that with the confirmation/revelation that worlds and timelines don’t actually end with a Crisis, but branch off and continue, we’ll get Golden Age heroes back, including Fury’s parents and Hector. I’d like for them to be back, too. In their own world. Golden Age rocks.