Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Kinda sorta makes you wonder if Disney is running out of ideas if they're turning their storied animated properties into live action films. After Dumbo, you've got Aladdin and The Lion King right around the corner. What's next? Pocohantas? Hercules? Mulan? The Princess and the Frog?
    Mulan is in production and as is Lady and the Tramp but Lady and the Tramp is going to be a Disney+ exclusive.

The live action remakes arent so much "running out of ideas" as they are "easy money" because for every guy/girl whining online about it theres a family seeing it.

running out of ideas/laziness syndrome has been afflicting Hollywood for decades
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Mulan is in production and as is Lady and the Tramp but Lady and the Tramp is going to be a Disney+ exclusive.
    Maleficent 2 comes out the end of this year. Jungle Book while not in production yet is suppose to get a sequel with Favrou returning and there are reports when Will Smith signed on to play Genie he was told that if the movie does well Genie will get his own Prequel movie about how he ended up in the lamp. Sword in the stone Is also heavily rumored to be getting made after Mulan.

Dumbo opens to mixed reviews. 51% on Rotten Tomatoes. Might not be a bust, but probably not a hit either.

Edit:
    News is that it will do about $50 million this weekend. So good but not great.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 03-29-2019 at 07:22 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Dumbo opens to mixed reviews. 51% on Rotten Tomatoes. Might not be a bust, but probably not a hit either.

Edit:
    News is that it will do about $50 million this weekend. So good but not great.
    Dumbo's production budget( 170 million) is reported to be greater than Captain Marvel (150 million) so it need atleast 425 million to not bomb.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Dumbo's production budget( 170 million) is reported to be greater than Captain Marvel (150 million) so it need atleast 425 million to not bomb.
    Dumbo will probably win the box office battle this week, but it's stay at the top will be painfully brief, what with Shazam! coming out next weekend.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Didnt like ORIGINAL Dumbo so maybe this movie wasnt made for me but the trailers do nothing for me. But to people who like complaining about Diseny remakes. From reviews this is more in the vain of Jungle book In being it's own thing . Rather then a shot for shot remake like Beauty and the Beast was. They got rid of most the animals and none of them talk apparently. All I remember about the original was the racist Crows. Lol I got AmCs A list thing so I gotta see 3 movies this week to get my money's worth so I'll probaky watch it since my fiance wants to see it. But I'm not expecting to like it was at all
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 03-30-2019 at 03:44 AM.

BANNED

It's important to remember on this Dumbo opening weekend that Disney controls Rotten Tomatoes scores and pays reviewers to ensure their movies get good reviews.

Screenshot_20190331-004303_Chrome.jpg

Saw Dumbo because Finace wanted to.... it was fine I enjoy it more then the cartoon but yea I'd suggest waiting for redbox unless your a huge Dinsey Or Dumbo fan.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

According to Box Office Mojo, Dumbo won the weekend box office with $45 million. Considering the film cost $170 million to make, and will have a short stay at the number #1 spot with Shazam! on the way this weekend, it looks like the latest Disney live action offering might well be a flop.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    According to Box Office Mojo, Dumbo won the weekend box office with $45 million. Considering the film cost $170 million to make, and will have a short stay at the number #1 spot with Shazam! on the way this weekend, it looks like the latest Disney live action offering might well be a flop.
    Wow! That is below the not great expectations of $60 million.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Wow! That is below the not great expectations of $60 million.
    Yea saw it Saturday night and the theater was empty

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Here is what is weird. If you told people that Shazam may end up doing very well for what it is ($80-100 million is its budget) and advance tickets from Fandago has tracked a bit better than Aquaman. WB is expecting a $40-60 million opening for it. Shazam is quite a gamble for WB though. Its clearly playing up the action/comedy aspect and we will have to see what it does this opening weekend.

The weird factor is if you told folks last year that the big screen adaption of Dumbo could do worse than Shazam ...folks would have laughed. Its the same way that in 2018 people were told Bumblebee , Mary Poppins and more was gonna take on Aquaman at Christmas time. (With Aquaman winning that war)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Here is what is weird. If you told people that Shazam may end up doing very well for what it is ($80-100 million is its budget) and advance tickets from Fandago has tracked a bit better than Aquaman. WB is expecting a $40-60 million opening for it. Shazam is quite a gamble for WB though. Its clearly playing up the action/comedy aspect and we will have to see what it does this opening weekend.

The weird factor is if you told folks last year that the big screen adaption of Dumbo could do worse than Shazam ...folks would have laughed. Its the same way that in 2018 people were told Bumblebee , Mary Poppins and more was gonna take on Aquaman at Christmas time. (With Aquaman winning that war)
    I dont know if I would have laughed but i woulda thought Dumbo would do better then it did. I never liked the cartoon and I dont know anyone who loves that movies but clearly they are out there if it's considered a classic. The movie wasnt bad at all either just wasnt great either. Dumbo was cute and the characters were fine. Keaton chewing up scenery is less entertaining then you would think though. Colin Farells southern twang was a bit tiresome at times aswell. But he was solid same as Devito, Eva green and the kids. But yea nothing about the movie was spectacular. Even dumbo who was cute turned into horrible cartoon CGI when it was time for someone to ride on his back