Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Somehow I just can't imagine very many conversations in the world going

"You wanna see X-Men?"

"Nah. Disney bought FOX. What's the point?"
    You'd be surprised I'm not saying that's the biggest reason but it's definitely part of it.

"You wanna see X-Men?"

They probably don't say it that way, but definitely the sense of just waiting because the MCU will do it better is probably a real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Dark Phoenix is projected to lose 100M+ https://deadline.com/2019/06/dark-ph...hy-1202629749/
    LOL.

Thank goodness Marvel Studios has their franchise back. Fox has done basically nothing with this franchise, other than make Hugh Jackman a household name.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Thank goodness Marvel Studios has their franchise back.
    Yeah, to reiterate my earlier point, that how I imagine the conversations go when debating whether to see this movie. A lot of fans figure, hey, this doesn't matter I'm getting MCU X-Men soon.

Maybe they can do better with the XMEN and FF but it'll be kinda funny if there version of the movies don't do much better after all the MCU craz may die out by the time those movies really get going.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yeah, to reiterate my earlier point, that how I imagine the conversations go when debating whether to see this movie. A lot of fans figure, hey, this doesn't matter I'm getting MCU X-Men soon.
    Those fans only range in the thousands. Godzilla and SLOP2 are also underperforming partly thanks to Aladdin.

LOL.

Thank goodness Marvel Studios has their franchise back. Fox has done basically nothing with this franchise, other than make Hugh Jackman a household name.
    After turning spider Man in to a YA movie I don't have a lot of hope but who knows maybe it'll be cool.

LOL.

Fox has done basically nothing with this franchise
    Meh, First Class is still my favorite super-hero movie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Those fans only range in the thousands. Godzilla and SLOP2 are also underperforming partly thanks to Aladdin.
    Oh, I'm sure the competition/Aladdin is doing damage to DP, I'm not arguing that the Fox getting bought is the main thing, just saying that it is probably a contributing factor.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

According to Box Office Mojo, Dark Phoenix finished with $33 million, a distant second behind The Secret Life of Pets 2 with $47 million. I'd say BOTH films qualify as busts since the first Pets film in 2016 earned $104 million.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

LOL.

We have to discuss this comically. Fox did a total of 12 films in 18 years. Yes the big issue is once the Marvel Universe of films began they should have went to expanding the universe more. And by the time plans began for that Fox started to be sold to Disney . At the end they were discussing doing Deadpool , X-Force , Gambit , New Mutants and more X-Men films. Hell ...Dark Phoenix at one point was supposed to be a soft reboot of the series. (The ending seems to hint at that).

The only real failure was not branching out sooner once the Marvel Universe of films took off. Fox was doing it at the end but it was too late by that point. The real failures Fox had was the Fantastic Four which never took off and dashed their hopes of a Fantastic Four vs X-Men film they wanted Singer to do at one point.

Also as said no one knows what Disney will do with the X-Men because it could be years before we see it a character or anything appear to hint at X-Men.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    After turning spider Man in to a YA movie I don't have a lot of hope but who knows maybe it'll be cool.
    What about SMHC exactly makes it a YA movie? Other then the fact that the protagonist is that age, as he should be at this point in his career. These Spiderman movies are fun CBM more Similar to Antman and Ironman then Divergent or some random movie about a teenager dying from some rare disease.

"You wanna see X-Men?"

My friend and I had tickets to see Dark Phoenix, but we discovered upon arrival that the theater had to shut down for the night due to a massive power outage. The theater gave us vouchers to make up for it.

While my friend and I didn't have the same reaction to your post, we tried to decide our next steps. "Should we try another theater, or do you just want to grab dinner instead?" We googled for nearby theaters just in case, though the top two search results were the movie's reviews and box office results thus far.

We had a lovely evening catching up with each other over dinner. No Dark Phoenix for us that night. Different reason but the same sentiment as your post.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    According to Box Office Mojo, Dark Phoenix finished with $33 million, a distant second behind The Secret Life of Pets 2 with $47 million. I'd say BOTH films qualify as busts since the first Pets film in 2016 earned $104 million.
    While you may be right, someone somewhere involved with the Secret Life of Pets 2 must be wiping their brow in relief since their failure would be completely overshadowed in the news by Dark Phoenix.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    While you may be right, someone somewhere involved with the Secret Life of Pets 2 must be wiping their brow in relief since their failure would be completely overshadowed in the news by Dark Phoenix.
    And the failure of Dark Phoenix might be eclipsed if MIB International lays an egg when it opens this coming weekend.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And the failure of Dark Phoenix might be eclipsed if MIB International lays an egg when it opens this coming weekend.
    One positive is MIB : International has half the production budget of X-Men. It should have a decent chance at an opening weekend as its only facing "Shaft" . The weekend after it well might as well chalk Toy Story 4 as the winner .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.