Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Gone with the wind was one of the biggest movie of that year crushing wizard of oz! It was a huge hit. They talk about it on the wizard of oz dvd extras.

Oscars that year. Oz did win best song!

The uk first screening had a parade for the film!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Minor disagreement. It's on the list, but almost never considered THE greatest. It is also controversial in it's apologetics and portrayal for slavery in the South.
    Whenever I hear any film listed as THE greatest of all time, people are typically talking about Citizen Kane. Those who aren't tend to be claiming that it is The Seventh Seal.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Whenever I hear any film listed as THE greatest of all time, people are typically talking about Citizen Kane. Those who aren't tend to be claiming that it is The Seventh Seal.
    Lol so glad I googled before I posted. I dont know why but when you said that Johnny Depp jumped in my head and I was thinking wsit and that weird shiity devil worshiper movie? Googled it it's the Ninth Gate lol my bad.

I will say when people makes those lists I feel so disconnected. I like Wizard of Oz but I cant make it through Gone with the wind or Citizen Kane. Something about acting in the old days just doesnt connect for me. Godfather and scarface are usually the only movies form before I was born that I can get into. Like watching Gone with the Wind and then I watch Deznel Washinton in Malcom X and it's hard for me to see even see how the actors are doing the same thing. I assume it's just my age. Weirdly I like Wizard of Oz though