Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Oof, Dark Phoenix might be heading for this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    That's not a surprise really. There's never been a trailer or a still that has suggested this was anything other than a small, B-movie. Almost a knock-off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, it’s the lowest opening X-men movie.

Which is looking worse with the B- cinema score.

It’s just oof all round.
    That's going to wind up being a tough one.

It feels like even John/Jane Public are probably at least partially aware that this is the end of the line for the continuity of this "Era" of the IP.

Knowing that, it's not like there is the same investment as something like Avengers: Infinity War.

Never mind that there is the whole "Fans With An Issue With Mystique's Position In This Continuity..." group of folks.

Just lots of stuff working against it with nothing that's seemingly stellar working in it's favor. It's not even like there is a bit of hype around a Quicksilver showcase section in this film. If it's there, they aren't making much of it.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Well the other Dark Phoenix threads are dropping leaks like crazy and it looks like it was a terrible mixture of corporate incompetency, terrible writing and overall wasting everyones time.
    John Campea mentioned months ago that the production was a disaster. The bad buzz, reviews, and competitive release date done it in.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 06-09-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

According to Box Office Mojo, Dark Phoenix was running second behind The Secret Life of Pets 2 with just $14 million after Friday's numbers rolled in. At this point, I'd be surprised, shocked even if DP cracks $30 million by Monday. Yeah, that definitely smells of a bust.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    According to Box Office Mojo, Dark Phoenix was running second behind The Secret Life of Pets 2 with just $14 million after Friday's numbers rolled in. At this point, I'd be surprised, shocked even if DP cracks $30 million by Monday. Yeah, that definitely smells of a bust.
    Wait what I thought projections were 50m and Disney's internals were like 45m. It's not gonna crack 30? Guessing I wasnt the only one underwhelmed by the trailers then lol

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Wait what I thought projections were 50m and Disney's internals were like 45m. It's not gonna crack 30? Guessing I wasnt the only one underwhelmed by the trailers then lol
    I think it partly has to do with the reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I believe Box Office Mojo was projecting mid 30s. Now that's still bad, and worse than Fox's projects, and the worst X-Men opening ever, but not quite THAT bad lol.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its gonna take a month to see what happens and if the overseas totals can save it. Its gonna take like $400 million more than likely overseas to save this X-Men film. Its a sad way for the Fox X-Men films to go out. But with the news Disney is gonna reboot the X-Men soon I'm sure that many were like...why go see this one ?

Also its clear Dark Phoenix being pushed back twice hurt it as well. This film originally should have came out in fall of 2018 (like New Mutants) but was pushed to spring 2019. Then pushed back again to summer 2019. New Mutants itself will arrive in 2020 and Disney is oddly doing reshoots of it right now. (No clue why Disney would do this since they could literally dump it on Hulu n be done with it)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its gonna take a month to see what happens and if the overseas totals can save it.
    According to Box Office Mojo it’s foreign opening weekend is slightly higher than Apocalypse’s.

X-Men: Apocalypse: $100,844,827

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=x-men2016.htm

Dark Phoenix: $107,000,000
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...xmarvel18b.htm

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    According to Box Office Mojo it’s foreign opening weekend is slightly higher than Apocalypse’s.

X-Men: Apocalypse: $100,844,827

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=x-men2016.htm

Dark Phoenix: $107,000,000
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...xmarvel18b.htm

To really even break even its gonna have to do close or better than Apocalypse's $388+ million overseas.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

That not really good either considering I think that Dark Phoenix opened world wide this weekend so it is not like they still have a big market like China waiting in the wings to help pump things up. Deadline is already projecting that the movie is going to lose between 100-120 million when its all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That not really good either considering I think that Dark Phoenix opened world wide this weekend so it is not like they still have a big market like China waiting in the wings to help pump things up. Deadline is already projecting that the movie is going to lose between 100-120 million when its all said and done.
    You’re right. =/

It also might not help that since Disney bought Fox many people probably feel like there's no point investing time into any X-Men movie until after they're rebooted as part of the MCU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It also might not help that since Disney bought Fox many people probably feel like there's no point investing time into any X-Men movie until after they're rebooted as part of the MCU.
    Somehow I just can't imagine very many conversations in the world going

"You wanna see X-Men?"

"Nah. Disney bought FOX. What's the point?"

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Somehow I just can't imagine very many conversations in the world going

"You wanna see X-Men?"

"Nah. Disney bought FOX. What's the point?"
    Yeah. Just look at the Dark Knight Rises which released a year after the Batman reboot was announced.

Astonishing Member

Dark Phoenix is projected to lose 100M+ https://deadline.com/2019/06/dark-ph...hy-1202629749/