Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And the failure of Dark Phoenix might be eclipsed if MIB International lays an egg when it opens this coming weekend.
    I know I won't be seeing it. I got enough of those two in the last Thor movie. Talk about annoying.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I know I won't be seeing it. I got enough of those two in the last Thor movie. Talk about annoying.
    Can’t argue that. I seriously doubt Chris Hemsworth can carry a film as a headliner, even in a franchise like MIB. His only two starring roles outside of the Marvel Universe (Blackhat, In The Heart of the Sea) were duds, and I don’t know if this one will fare any better.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    What about SMHC exactly makes it a YA movie? Other then the fact that the protagonist is that age, as he should be at this point in his career. These Spiderman movies are fun CBM more Similar to Antman and Ironman then Divergent or some random movie about a teenager dying from some rare disease.
    It just didn't work for me it's not a bad movie but it didn't feel like a spider Man movie to me it's just to YA to me and I love UT spider Man...

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    It just didn't work for me it's not a bad movie but it didn't feel like a spider Man movie to me it's just to YA to me and I love UT spider Man...
    I get it thats fine was just curious what about it feels YA. Cause when I think YA I think Twilught,Hunger games,Divergent, and movies about young people dying from rare disease. I really dont see the crossover except for Spidermans age.

Not liking it I get, even saying ita too much of a departure from Spidey mythos with all the Stark stuff. But it plays like a Marvel movie set with Highschoolers. Not sure where the YA connection comes from. But maybe we have different ideas on what a YA movie is.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I get it thats fine was just curious what about it feels YA. Cause when I think YA I think Twilught,Hunger games,Divergent, and movies about young people dying from rare disease. I really dont see the crossover except for Spidermans age.

Not liking it I get, even saying ita too much of a departure from Spidey mythos with all the Stark stuff. But it plays like a Marvel movie set with Highschoolers. Not sure where the YA connection comes from. But maybe we have different ideas on what a YA movie is.
    I like it im just not in love with it lol. Ok so I'm really not sure how to answer that YA is just what people call the tone of the movie I don't think they mean stuff like HG or anything but whatever the tone is called i didn't really care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Can’t argue that. I seriously doubt Chris Hemsworth can carry a film as a headliner, even in a franchise like MIB. His only two starring roles outside of the Marvel Universe (Blackhat, In The Heart of the Sea) were duds, and I don’t know if this one will fare any better.
    I'm thinking he may fare a bit better in MiB with it being a comedy.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I like it im just not in love with it lol. Ok so I'm really not sure how to answer that YA is just what people call the tone of the movie I don't think they mean stuff like HG or anything but whatever the tone is called i didn't really care for it.
    Hunger Gamess are YA novels made into YA Movies. But yea just arguing about semantics now. Got it you didnt like the lighter fun tone. It's the first spidey movie that doesnt have Uncle Ben's death looming over the whole movie so the tone is definetly a departure. But you still have scene like Michale Keaton threatening to kill a child and everyone he loves while locked in the back his car. So I thought the tone was pretty balanced. I'm still meh on replacing Uncle Ben motivations with Stark though. Depends how it all turns out in the long run

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Ozman View Post
    I'm thinking he may fare a bit better in MiB with it being a comedy.
    Hmm! You have a point. I guess we’ll soon find out.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I guess we can add MIB International and Shaft 2 to the list.

Hot damn!!!

Ultimate Member

Dark Phoenix is definitely on this list now. It dropped massively in its second weekend.

MIB International just made it too.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Gonna have to give Dark Phoenix a few more weeks. As well as MIB and Shaft. Til we see how things go overall.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Gonna have to give Dark Phoenix a few more weeks. As well as MIB and Shaft. Til we see how things go overall.
    Whilst I get why, realistically that Movies not going to sell better. I dont really know if a movie that's dropped off this badly has ever come back.

Why I said wait a couple weeks is Dark Phoenix has 2 more markets left to open in , MIB : International has 6 markets and Shaft has 3 more markets. The rest are Netflix related (3 markets). Whether they help or not who knows. But I usually wait to see. This gives times for more totals to come in.

Shaft is lucky for the fact it had a $30 million budget. But well...WB was expecting $15 million opening weekend so that failed. So we will see how it does.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Whilst I get why, realistically that Movies not going to sell better. I dont really know if a movie that's dropped off this badly has ever come back.
    There has been 1 movie the last 2 decades that died domestically here quick but was saved by international box office. It would have been box office bombs had the international gross not saved it.

That film was 2012 with John Cusack. Sony had a $200 million budget into it. The film only did $166 million here. But the international box office did $600+ million for it. Not saying this will happen in either case. But films like Pacific Rim got sequels for this reason.