Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I don't think August is a dump month. It is where they put movies that they know would otherwise get buried in the middle of summer though. It is movies they think will do well, but that they don't want to put up the surefire blockbusters.

My sister took the hit and took all the kids to see dora (got lucky and didn't have to go). Her review is "eh!" "average" So redbox rental huh?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    My sister took the hit and took all the kids to see dora (got lucky and didn't have to go). Her review is "eh!" "average" So redbox rental huh?
    Or when it’s available for streaming.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It will be one that we will have to wait and see if it has legs to last through August.
    It didn't cost a blockbuster fortune and apparently it doesn't even outright suck so yeah, a few weeks should be enough for all possible Doraniacs to show the world that it needed a live Dora movie. I'm even curious due to at least a couple of the actors in there.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, in terms nationwide releases for the rest of August, the most notable films are Angry Birds 2 which comes out today according to Box Office Mojo, followed by the sequel to 47 Meters Down on Friday and Angel Has Fallen on the 23rd. I suspect AB2 will kick Dora further down the earnings ladder, perhaps out of the top 10 altogether.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 08-13-2019 at 05:00 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Bob Iger buried Fox at a recent investors meeting.
    https://variety.com/2019/film/featur...in-1203300260/

In response of all of Fox's flops Disney canned all the films the studio had in development ($50 million down the toilet), will limit their theatrical output, and ordering reboots of various Fox properties for Disney+

Article made mention that Disney isn't happy with New Mutants feeling that it has limited box office potential.

If you listien to Tyrese Gibson, Hobbs and Shaw was a huge flop. And that's what they get for stepping outside the family. Lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Bob Iger buried Fox at a recent investors meeting.
    https://variety.com/2019/film/featur...in-1203300260/

In response of all of Fox's flops Disney canned all the films the studio had in development ($50 million down the toilet), will limit their theatrical output, and ordering reboots of various Fox properties for Disney+

Article made mention that Disney isn't happy with New Mutants feeling that it has limited box office potential.
    It’s not surprising at all.

Disney is “juiced up” right now throwing out billion dollar hits left and right. I can’t ever remember a studio having a better year (I’m sure someone will dig out some historyto prove me wrong).

The Fox thing just exposed them to some ol’ bullshit like Dark Phoenix born out of Fox’s very directionless approach to the mutants.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    If you listien to Tyrese Gibson, Hobbs and Shaw was a huge flop. And that's what they get for stepping outside the family. Lol

Isn’t Tyrese the “crying man?”. Lol... I can’t take anything he says seriously.

That being said, Hobbs and Shaw isn’t exaclty pulling up any trees. It’s doing...fine I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Isn’t Tyrese the “crying man?”. Lol... I can’t take anything he says seriously.

That being said, Hobbs and Shaw isn’t exaclty pulling up any trees. It’s doing...fine I guess.
    Hasnt opened in China yet. These F&F movies make gangbusters in China. Its not gonna be a mega hit but this movie unless it flops in China will be fine.

And yea he use to be an amazing RnB singer. But now hes just showcases Bipolar disorder on Instagram and occasionally is in a movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Hasnt opened in China yet. These F&F movies make gangbusters in China. Its not gonna be a mega hit but this movie unless it flops in China will be fine.

And yea he use to be an amazing RnB singer. But now hes just showcases Bipolar disorder on Instagram and occasionally is in a movie.
    Oh yeah, Tyrese was someone tipped for big things back then. Actor, model, singer, dancer, the guy was the complete package.

Lately, he’s been losing it. Life sometimes does that though.

Didn’t know Hobbs and Shaw hadn’t opened in China. It still has money to make then, as you said it might not be a mega hit but it’s no flop.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It’s not surprising at all.

Disney is “juiced up” right now throwing out billion dollar hits left and right. I can’t ever remember a studio having a better year (I’m sure someone will dig out some historyto prove me wrong).

The Fox thing just exposed them to some ol’ bullshit like Dark Phoenix born out of Fox’s very directionless approach to the mutants.
    The article also mentions that Disney did hurt the marketing of Dark Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Pretty sure Fox did that via their incompetence

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    A fact that weeks ago a lot of us mentioned that there was issues with marketing and now this article brings up Disney itself hurt it.

Honestly this article makes Disney look foolish in ways. They hurt the marketing of a big film that could have helped their bottom line (which they are harping about now) and yet in May decided to schedule millions of dollars of reshoots for a film they feel won't do well (New Mutants). Its like part of Disney doesn't know what the other part is doing . The New Mutants decision is beyond wild. If you feel that film won't do good at box office then why the hell did you ok reshoots and dump money into a release of 2020 ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    A fact that weeks ago a lot of us mentioned that there was issues with marketing and now this article brings up Disney itself hurt it.

Honestly this article makes Disney look foolish in ways. They hurt the marketing of a big film that could have helped their bottom line (which they are harping about now) and yet in May decided to schedule millions of dollars of reshoots for a film they feel won't do well (New Mutants). Its like part of Disney doesn't know what the other part is doing . The New Mutants decision is beyond wild. If you feel that film won't do good at box office then why the hell did you ok reshoots and dump money into a release of 2020 ?
    Speaking of the marketing, it was incredibly misleading. It was advertised as an action packed packed summer blockbuster about Jean becoming the X-Men’s greatest threat and a grand finale. When really it was made to be a family soap opera about Jean embarking on a hero’s journey instead of becoming a villain. Nor wasn’t it planned as a series finale, it’s prequel after all. False advertisement hurts word of mouth and to some extent critical reception.