Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image Comics releases scheduled for April 2019

Hey everyone, a bit late, but the solicitations for April went up last week. Figured I'd post them here!

Highlights:
    -Ascender will be launching, the new Jeff Lemire/Dustin Nguyen series. This one is set in the universe of Descender, but 10 years down the line. Rather than a sci-fi setting though, this one will skew closer to fantasy. Looks really good as usualy from Nguyen.
    -Descender is getting some merch too, shirts, pins and stuff. Saga gets new shirts too btw, as does the Realm.
    -Fairlady is pitched as follows: "Every fantasy epic ends with a war. But what happens when the war is over?" Looks to be something between Fables and Rat Queens; every issue tells a complete story that fits into a broader picture.
    -Section Zero is billed as "what if Jack Kirby saw the X-Files?", whatever that means!
    -It looks like the Joe Casey neo-noir series Sex is back, with a complete 6th volume right away? This series reviewed very well a few years ago.
    -Mirror #10 gets shipped after all, well over a year after #9. Not sure what went down here, but it's cool they're wrapping up the story nonetheless.
    -One-shot issues are being released in the Curse Words and Rat Queens series.

ascender-header.jpg
    Cropped image of the cover to Ascender #1
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

I thought we just saw Black Monday Murders #9 on the solicits a few days ago, but I don't see it at your link. Was it delayed?
    Last edited by Yohei72; 01-27-2019 at 07:42 PM.

Has Descender book 2 been announced yet? I was hoping to read the complete series before Ascender.

All-New Member

I'm looking forward to reading fairlady, it's a promising pitch, high hopes!

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    I thought we just saw Black Monday Murders #9 on the solicits a few days ago, but I don't see it at your link. Was it delayed?
    Huh, weird yeah! Looks like it's definitely scheduled for April 24th though, so I'm not sure what's up with that! Pre-orders for it look to be closing on April 1st, so maybe it's technically considered a March book or something? Publishing can be strange sometimes, especially in comics.
    EDIT: Joker solved this one, it's listed under T for 'the Black Monday Murders', rather than under B like it should be haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoked Ham View Post
    Has Descender book 2 been announced yet? I was hoping to read the complete series before Ascender.
    No announcement yet, the only thing I could find was someone speculating here that it would be a December 2019 release. That strikes me as unusually late to be honest, so maybe take it with a grain of salt.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Yohei72 View Post
    It's still there, it's just not listed alphabetically. Scroll down.

ASCENDER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoked Ham View Post
    Jeff Lemire has said this summer (via his twitter)

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

Not adding any new series, but jumping on board for the Spawn Road to 300 Tour.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It's still there, it's just not listed alphabetically. Scroll down.
    "Lord help me, I'm just not that bright." -Homer Simpson

Thanks! Fantastic news!

In your defense, it was alphabetically listed originally.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Sadly, I'm finding fewer and fewer Image and DH titles that interest me: for April, just the Rat Queens stand-alone, Swamp Romp, Criminal 4, & Little Bird 2.
    What's happened to me!!?
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I’m feeling the same. Maybe just comics burnout? Maybe Image’s taste has changed? I dunno...

Canadian Curmudgeon Scott M Davis's Avatar

I have a tendency to stay on a title for a story arc, 6 issues, and then jumping.

I feel though, my the next time I feel like switching, I'll be going digital over print.
    Pull List: Catalyst Prime Titles and Dinosaucers

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    Sadly, I'm finding fewer and fewer Image and DH titles that interest me: for April, just the Rat Queens stand-alone, Swamp Romp, Criminal 4, & Little Bird 2.
    What's happened to me!!?
    I don't think you're alone. A lot of Image's stuff seems pretty samey to me.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Sooo excited to see Black Monday Murders return!