Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    A lovely pic of one of the most underrated comic book superheroines.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Gd8NBIma-z...+-+zatanna.jpg

One of my all-time favorite Zatanna images. Man does she look fantastic here.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma...bmio1_1280.png

She looks pretty dang good here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Gd8NBIma-z...+-+zatanna.jpg

One of my all-time favorite Zatanna images. Man does she look fantastic here.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma...bmio1_1280.png

She looks pretty dang good here as well.
    She rocks a dress just as much as she rocks the fishnets .

Zatanna on the cover of an upcoming issue of Young Justice! Art by Kris Anka.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

Great news. And Stephanie too. Together with Tim.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

Just from this cover alone, Anka draws a beautiful Zatanna .

He even makes the current costume look even better in my opinion .

(I guess this explains Bendis teasing writing Zee).

Incredible Member

So because I'm a fan of magic heroes and there not being a lot of them, and being new to zatanna, what is appealing about Zatanna any recommended books with her?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    So because I'm a fan of magic heroes and there not being a lot of them, and being new to zatanna, what is appealing about Zatanna any recommended books with her?
    John Venus created an overview of recommended Zatanna stories back in the old thread.

Not listed there is the current Justice League Dark run by Tynion, which is a good read and where Zatanna arguably is the co-lead together with Wonder Woman. It also lacks Bloodspell, which is a fun teamup between Zatanna and Black Canary. Both of these recommended. If you can get the trade Zatanna by Paul Dini it's a great collection.

What I appreciate about Zatanna is the meld of illusionism/stage magic, superheroics, and DC's horror-tinged magic. She brings some showmanship and flair to her stories in a way that few other characters can do, while still having some edge to her.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Great news. And Stephanie too. Together with Tim.
    This is probably going to explain why Tim was solo when issue one began

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    John Venus created an overview of recommended Zatanna stories back in the old thread.

Not listed there is the current Justice League Dark run by Tynion, which is a good read and where Zatanna arguably is the co-lead together with Wonder Woman. It also lacks Bloodspell, which is a fun teamup between Zatanna and Black Canary. Both of these recommended. If you can get the trade Zatanna by Paul Dini it's a great collection.

What I appreciate about Zatanna is the meld of illusionism/stage magic, superheroics, and DC's horror-tinged magic. She brings some showmanship and flair to her stories in a way that few other characters can do, while still having some edge to her.
    Cool thank you. I'll be honest my only knowledge from her is young justice and while I like her personality her magic is kind of strange in that she can pretty much do anything as ling as she says it backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post

Has Zatanna's 1993 mini been collected in a trade? Is their any place I can but it online?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Has Zatanna's 1993 mini been collected in a trade? Is their any place I can but it online?
    No it was never collected.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

I keep hoping they'll put out a digital version of that mini-series. In the meantime, you can usually find sets of all four issues on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    I keep hoping they'll put out a digital version of that mini-series. In the meantime, you can usually find sets of all four issues on eBay.
    Lonestar/mycomicshop is now charging about $8 a pop for each issue in high grade, so I am sure ebay will soon follow suit.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

TBF, that list was made sometime before the Bloodspell GN was released.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly