Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Are the Marvel Netflix shows worth it?

I am thinking of getting Netflix for the Marvel shows on there like Daredevil and Luke Cage. Are these shows any good?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I am thinking of getting Netflix for the Marvel shows on there like Daredevil and Luke Cage. Are these shows any good?
    They are good to great. Iron fist season 1 is the weakest but season 2 is leaps and bounds better.

I'm broke right now but I'd say get it to watch Daredevil. I'm a big Frank Miller Daredevil fan and the stuff I've seen from clips that friends have shown me (friends who aren't comic book fans, just TV fans who live and die by the Daredevil show) just look incredible. I mean it's easy to sit on the toilet and read five issues of a comic... it's another thing to watch five hours of TV, so I don't watch TV often but Vincent D'Onofrio looks amazing. Get it.

Thanks for the reviews. I will go ahead and get it.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Definitely worth it. For the most part, the highest quality stuff Marvel is doing in terms of story and characterization.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

They are all incredibly decompressed, so if you can live with that then you'll be fine. None of the series have enough story to justify the number of episodes, so to make up for it they have overly long fight scenes and extended dialog that meanders and, to me, sucks energy out of the plot line.

Despite what you've heard, Iron Fist season 1 and Defenders are the least egregious of this.

Just don't get too involved with them. Take them for what you get. Because they have all been cancelled. So once you watch the last episode of each, that's it.

They have all been cancelled? That sucks.

Daredevil Season 1 and 3 are excellent IMO Season 2 dipped a little midway thru season but the 1st part was great.

Jessica Jones Season 1 was great especially Tennant as Kilgrave Season 2 was good but more soap opera type drama than action.

Luke Cage Season 1 was great for the first half and OK second half season 2 was good.

Defenders was OK.

Punisher Season 1 good as is Season 2 so far midway thru.

Iron Fist is kind of worth skipping.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 01-28-2019 at 05:22 PM.

BANNED

Get Netflix, these shows are very good, it worth it.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I loved Jessica Jones season 1 but most of Daredevil left me cold and I've never been all that compelled to dive into the rest.

Also, get Netflix just for the Haunting of Hill House.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Nah, Luke Cage was the only somewhat good one and since his show was cancelled and given the way the season 2 is capped off I can't really recommend it to anyone.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

Daredevil and Punisher are worth it. The first season of Jessica Jones too.

Everything else....you can bypass that.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Daredevil and Punisher are worth it. The first season of Jessica Jones too.

Everything else....you can bypass that.
    I agree with this. I did like a lot of Luke Cage as well, but there is a moment where Season 1 got dull and I never bothered with Season 2. But like others have said, Daredevil is extremely good. It was canceled, but it thankfully got a pretty satisfying end.

Extraordinary Member

The only one that isn't good to great is the first season of IF. You'll be soured on the character forever if you start with that one.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.