Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    IMO, if anything, getting Carol stuck in her head pushed Rogue to seek help for her deteriorating mental state. I found my copy of ROM#32 dated July 1982. Even before Rogue attempted to absorb ROM, ROM makes this assessment about Rogue: Unlike Mystique, I sense no evil in you. Thing is, Carol is no boy scout. I don't get it either. Here are the pages you are talking about. (Also, if it means anything, Ann Nocenti was the editor of ROM at the time.)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    The only time the Carol persona "helped" Rogue is when Rogue was held prisoner on Genosha. Rogue retreated into the bottom of her sub-conscious after being molested by the Genoshen guards. There she met the Carol persona, who talked her into releasing her to take over Rogue's body so she and Logan could escape. Thing is what Rogue did in releasing the Carol persona for this one event ended up basicly being a deal with the devil, because the Carol persona was more akin to an occupying force, taking Rogue over when ever she wanted to, to do what ever she pleased. On the other hand, it was the begining of the end of having Carol in her head. Two years exactly to the month the Genosha story took place, the Seige Perilous sepperated them. (Funny thing is in the nearly 29 years since UXM#269 came out, I've never seen or read anything that Captain Marvel Carol knows about it.)
    Yes this has always been my Knowledge of how things went (as in the canon truth). I know that the rights for ROM are complicated, the company that produce heroclix can't produce ROM clix, for example, so maybe it was all to distance Rogue from ROM and tie her further to Carol (maybe as part of a move to bring her to the MCU).

In reference to the bolded -
    This tale has always been very one-sided, and if any Carol fans are reading, remember that Rogues narrative kept Carol afloat for so many years when writers didn't want to write her. Carol (as a property) owes Rogue MASSIVELY, as do the current Marvel offices and MCU who are financially benefiting. Give Rogue a decent showing, a faithful depiction with NO propaganda and fauxrage marketing tactics, just an honest to gosh retelling of this tragic/poignant/relate-able/thought provoking story.

Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 06-10-2019 at 04:13 PM.

in regards to the Mahmud Asrar pic....
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Yeah, I also noticed someone asked if he was back on an X-Book and he said "Not really", so I'm guessing it's just a cover.
    What if they are actually joining the Savage Avengers

I haven't been reading so I don't know what they call themselves or even if they are a formal team, Voodoo and Wolverine are there.
    A team neither have been on!
    "Not really" a X-book

Rogue in a book with Conan the Barbarian would be NUTS, crazy, inconceivable!, CONAN, I loved that film, the one with Arnie.

WRITTEN BY DUGGAN, PEOPLE!!!!

Punisher, Electra, Venom *Hype Intensifies*
    I'm gonna need to be talked down......... someone *eyes like saucers*
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 06-11-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Astonishing Member

Possible I guess, but isn’t savage avengers supposed to be a more brutal, x-forc-y type avengers? They don’t fit that.

I don't think Duggan is brutish or savage in his writing, it's just a name to give it an 'edgy' edge. Romy would be the heart and soul, suppose!

So taken from the Savage Avengers thread;

From the most recent interview:

"We're also going to expand our cast. I think it's a little unrealistic to think that all these characters can survive in Conan's orbit, so our original cast will come, go and eventually return, but we'll also start to see other characters very quickly."

CBR also asked if the book will feature a rotating cast of new and returning characters, Duggan answered:

"I think so. Anchored on the one side, we're going to have Conan and the characters he encounters, both heroes and villains in the Marvel Universe. Then, on the other side, you're going to have Kulan Gath not really trying to hide the fact that he's here to make things very comfortable for himself."

And when asked about the future of the series:

"We decompress a little bit in issue #6, but not very much. It's a book called Savage Avengers that stars Conan, so it has to have velocity. I love giving readers whiplash, and the book will continue to do that -- especially with some of the names that we're rolling in for our second arc.
    We'll have an announcement about someone who is going to succeed Mike on art that I'm really excited about. Plus, we'll have some new characters that will but heads with Conan in what I hope are some really fun ways."

source: https://www.cbr.com/interview-savage...#leave-comment

So not a long term possibility, I'm good with that, from comments in the thread, it seems like a Conan and guest stars book, I'm good with that........hmmmmmm

OH COMEON X-OFFICE get yo' **** together, Wheres ROGUE in HOX, POX, dammit!!

BANNED

Mr and Mrs X had rather weak sales (but very, very good reviews).

let's compare some series and how many readers is still reading series. All series are monthly.

mr mrs x
    2 - 29,337, 11 - 15,120
    51,54 % of people is still reading this series

this is very weak result

x-23 has 66,82%
    blackpanther, superman, catwoman, justice league dark also have much better (59% - 68,47%).

I think that Marvel should think about how they should write them because what is right now simply doesn't work.
    obvisouly duggan would be better than this meh stories we have right now.

Yeah Duggan would be better.

Yeah, unfortunately/fortunately the sales are tricky to take absolutes from, imo, so I'll try to condense a rambling, ranty post into bullet points;

That bloody infidelity comment by JDW, *shakes fist in air* WHAT? WHO? WHY? would that be of any benefit to an ongoing books sales, about newlyweds. There was a noticeable drop in sales of about 3000 to 4000, after that comment.

Nothing from JDW or marvel marketing in regards to the couple or the book, KT has been left on her own to generate hype (Monday teasers). They even had a X-Monday session about X-Romances, with barely anything about the couple who Marvel were selling a book about!

The art hasn't been great, not awful at all, but for example, a lot of the emotive beats got dulled by the lack of expressions. It got bloody irritating at times for me.
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 06-12-2019 at 08:40 AM.

The general sales of all comics especially the X-Books are not super-great at the moment.

(Personal to me maybe) I really have taken issue with how Rogue as been changed, too much. Those first 4 months were rough, ummm, I'll stop there as I don't want to perpetuate stuff I don't appreciate.

MMX has actually sold better than most AOXM event books, featuring several fan favorite characters, that's not to be disregarded.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately/fortunately the sales are tricky to take absolutes from, imo, so I'll try to condense a rambling, ranty post into bullet points;

That bloody infidelity comment by JDW, *shakes fist in air* WHAT? WHO? WHY? would that be of any benefit to an ongoing books sales, about newlyweds. There was a noticeable drop in sales of about 3000 to 4000, after that comment.

Nothing from JDW or marvel marketing in regards to the couple or the book, KT has been left on her own to generate hype (Monday teasers). They even had a X-Monday session about X-Romances, with barely anything about the couple who Marvel were selling a book about!

The art hasn't been great, not awful at all, but for example, a lot of the emotive beats got dulled by the lack of expressions. It got bloody irritating at times for me.
    3000 to 4000 drop? last drop like this was between issue 3 and 4 right?
    I think that when heavily promoted(marriage was promoted) new series has less than 25 000 (issue 3) then ... this series can't be long.
    I think that I can understand why he doesn't want to promote this series.

Yeah this is bad for KT but rational. It is better to focus on more profitable projects.

(Personal to me maybe) I really have taken issue with how Rogue as been changed, too much.
    one of very important reasons why people watch mcu instead of dceu or fox-men.
    Last edited by Xelossik; 06-12-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    3000 to 4000 drop? last drop like this was between issue 3 and 4 right?
    I think that when heavily promoted(marriage was promoted) new series has less than 25 000 (issue 3) then ... this series can't be long.
    Yeah, that's around the time when he said it, He might of even said it twice, iirc

I think that I can understand why he doesn't want to promote this series.
    Cheeky, But I do think he should of been more professional about the product he green-lit, no matter what my personal preferences are. He wanted to nix the Kitty, Colossus wedding. He has said Kitty is his favorite and Colossus was his least favorite.

He has barely said anything about Rogue since he got the X-office job, his few comments about Gambit have been trollish and his expressed shock at Gambits popularity in that poll was telling.

one of very important reasons why people watch mcu instead of dceu or fox-men.
    Yep, Fox always seemed to think they could put their versions of characters onto famous actors, rather than the vise versa.

Another point I always wanted to make somewhere

I do think KT has been tarred with the comicsgate brush unfairly by some comicbook critics. I've always thought she's reasonable and balanced. She's alternative or maybe cosmopolitan is a better word, but she's always been more idealistic than preachy, a critique/troll that I've seen thrown at her on twitter. Her sales have been affected by this imo, unfortunately.

Like we've all noticed, KT writes banter well, her dynamics between characters are great, but, as she herself has said, her plotting is a weakness, BUT, I also don't think some writers have as much of a free reign as we think, and office politics are possible obstacles too.

BANNED

Ultimate Rogue :
    Cheeky, But I do think he should of been more professional about the product he green-lit, no matter what my personal preferences are.
    true
    Yeah, that's around the time when he said it, He might of even said it twice, iirc
    yeah but this probably didn't affect sales greatly

Yep, Fox always seemed to think they could put their versions of characters onto famous actors, rather than the vise versa.
    and this can be changed between movies.
    there is no way that Rogue was the same in x2 and x3
    or mystique in apo and dark phoenix(looking at trailers)
    x-men apocalypse; raven - You(young team) are x-men!
    x-men dark phoenix(10 years later) raven - they(yougn team) are kids!

lol

Like we've all noticed, KT writes banter well, her dynamics between characters are great, but, as she herself has said, her plotting is a weakness, BUT, I also don't think some writers have as much of a free reign as we think, and office politics are possible obstacles too.
    undoubtly
    but her plot is so weak...
    R+G ... they didn't do anything to be together
    it all happened because of this enemy

i love the message:
    when You have troubles ... do nothing
    world will repair everything
    great/s

Ultimate Rogue you crack me up. I love reading your posts

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Ultimate Rogue you crack me up. I love reading your posts

Cheers buddy, that's mighty kind of you, and right back at ya!

You guys kept me entertained for years, while I lurked non-joinery style

I especially appreciated your cool and positive heads for the first couple of years of UA, when I was confused at how to process stuff!!

and this can be changed between movies.
    there is no way that Rogue was the same in x2 and x3
    I got a theory about this, that I've been wonderin'/worryin' about, but it's getting late here now, so I should get to sleep, I'll post tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Ultimate Universe Rogue had a smooch with Genis-Vell iirc, destiny may some day bring them together in the 616 universe
    Bah, WRONG, and pffft, call yourself a Rogue fan! fo'shame on you, you don't know your ass from your elbow, mate, It wasn't Genis-Vell in the ultimate universe it was Rick Jones, ya noob!

From Cataclysm : Ultimate X-Men

Awww Pixie, bless her, she saved the few remaining mutants in this story. *Canon fire salute* A True Hero

I see Bl00dwerK has been brawling somewhere! We'll keep a beer or two in the cooler for ya, Bub!

About Rogues showing in X-Men Last Stand and subsequent snubs through the franchise, hummmm ...... maybe Anna Paquin just didn't jump through Brett Ratners hoops, I dunno. If that was the case and if it gets revealed at some point, then Annas Rogue takes on a whole new depth, playing Rogue empowered Anna to stand up, maybe, I dunno. (no, all credit to Anna, if true)

This is only a fairly recent theory I've had, and spent years being disappointed at Rogues showing in the fox films, but I've grown to like Annas Rogue, as a alternate universe version of Rogue, as I have grown to really like Ultimate Universe Rogue.
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 06-13-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Movie Rogue, Anna Paquin, Beautiful, Nuff said

Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 06-13-2019 at 03:18 PM.