Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    This is slightly off topic, but one of my favourite Rogue stories was when they were captured by the Genosha government and with her powers suppressed Rogue was overwhelmed with the way the soldiers were touching her and implying they were going to use her. She retreated her personality deep into her mind and let Carol's personality take over. I found it interesting that the Carol persona inside Rogue was actually really protective of her. I liked the dynamic of powerless secret agent Carol/Rogue working with Wolverine to get rescue everyone.

I think it would be good in the comics to have Rogue and Carol actually talk this out sometime.
    Carol's persona there wasn't protective of rogue at all (rather of herself since she shared rogue's body and of wolverine who was her buddy). I liked the focus on carol/wolverine and their relationship, but not really a nice rogue/carol moment.
    Later even with carol retelling what happened to rogue and how the guards' touch made her feel violated her, storm, betsy et all just... ignore it?

I would've liked solidarity, esp from what claremont did with Avengers annual, instead got that nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Carol's persona there wasn't protective of rogue at all (rather of herself since she shared rogue's body and of wolverine who was her buddy). I liked the focus on carol/wolverine and their relationship, but not really a nice rogue/carol moment.
    Later even with carol retelling what happened to rogue and how the guards' touch made her feel violated her, storm, betsy et all just... ignore it?

I would've liked solidarity, esp from what claremont did with Avengers annual, instead got that nonsense.
    Yeah, I know. The three gal find out Rogue was powerless and molested by Genoshen guards and was severely emotionally impacted as a result and their reaction? Who cares, let's go shopping!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    This is slightly off topic, but one of my favourite Rogue stories was when they were captured by the Genosha government and with her powers suppressed Rogue was overwhelmed with the way the soldiers were touching her and implying they were going to use her. She retreated her personality deep into her mind and let Carol's personality take over. I found it interesting that the Carol persona inside Rogue was actually really protective of her. I liked the dynamic of powerless secret agent Carol/Rogue working with Wolverine to get rescue everyone.

I think it would be good in the comics to have Rogue and Carol actually talk this out sometime.
    What I would like Rogue and Carol to talk out was the time the Carol persona made Rogue wear her black outfit. Rogue's disgust about having to wear "this rag" and that Carol "had no taste" and what she wanted to do as soon as she found a trashcan.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mikeb; 03-05-2019 at 04:22 AM.

I gotta admit to side-eyeing Miss Thompsons recent retcon as too diminish Rogues ordeal on genosha, but even within the issue it occurred the severity was contradicted.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Yeah, I know. The three gal find out Rogue was powerless and molested by Genoshen guards and was severely emotionally impacted as a result and their reaction? Who cares, let's go shopping!
    Sometimes getting someones mind away from their troubles can be caring, I think Dazzler is just meant to offer that to the group, She's wired that way, not necessarily vacant or uncaring.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    What I would like Rogue and Carol to talk out was the time the Carol persona made Rogue wear her black outfit. Rogue's disgust about having to wear "this rag" and that Carol "had no taste" and what she wanted to do as soon as she found a trashcan.
    *chuckle* That is a positive to more Rogue and Carol interactions, in that it allows Rogue to be the funnier, light hearted, free willed one.

Off topic wonder;

I've always liked the dynamic tension between Rogue and Cyclops, I loved that scene between the two on the rooftops during the San Fran riots, they are honest, up front with each other, so sometimes clash.

I would like a downtime scene between the two where Rogue affirms an empathy towards him for not having the intimacy of eye contact. People must seem distant to him as they can never really connect gaze. The two have a shared trouble, they could/should bond/talk over it.

BANNED

lmao the room rearranging, changing styles and clothes was more funny as hell to me.

Contrasts rogue's style with less skin exposure because of her powers, though I guess carol didn't have rogue's psychological issues when it came to the whole power absorption through skin contact thing (as seen when she's able to touch psylocke) rather than something malicious

Wow! great compilation of Xtas Rogue, deserves to bee seen

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm perfectly fine with no flight and super strength for Rogue in the movies. Making her more effective in battle is more important and as X-Men evolution showed, she doesn't need to be a flying brick for that.

YES agreed with you

In fact potentially and when she should be EVO Rogue was the most powerful in all that series, and much more powerful and effective than Rogue TAS, which had the powers of flying brick.

What really makes Rogue one of the most powerful mutants is their powers of absorption, and Evolution and XML played very well with that. especially Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    YES agreed with you

In fact potentially and when she should be EVO Rogue was the most powerful in all that series, and much more powerful and effective than Rogue TAS, which had the powers of flying brick.

What really makes Rogue one of the most powerful mutants is their powers of absorption, and Evolution and XML played very well with that. especially Evolution.
    Preach. 10101010

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Wow! great compilation of Xtas Rogue, deserves to bee seen

Man. That's a really good encapsulation of her character.

Shucks, almost got me on the verge of tears!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    YES agreed with you

Loved Legacy, Well done Mike Carey, his run is a favorite of mine

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Man. That's a really good encapsulation of her character.

Shucks, almost got me on the verge of tears!
    It is isn't it! I was expecting some emo music and some seizure inducing assault of imagery, but they did it well, her punches were to tempo!. A lot of patience and diligence went in to it, Bravo!

If anybody likes Xena, Wonder Woman or other fantasy series like GOT then check out their channel for more.

Speaking of X-men Legacy and Rogues rogues

Children of the Vault are on Cyclops' hitlist in uncanny

Hope they don't get nerfed and taken out in one panel,
    If that group of Cyke, Logan, Havok, Banshee, Moonstar, Karma, Magik and Wolfsbane take that list out, it's blatant fanfic and makes a mockery of the X-Men, Dammit!

And then it is believed by some that Havok will be the one to die, if so, I'll be annoyed

Variant Cover to X-Men Legacy #235

A favorite action sequence teaser from the Second Coming story.