Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

She's a rich liberal, New Yorker snob now.

BANNED

considering rogue a republican for her accent would be like considering beau of the fifth column a righty for his accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    We've had the negative viewpoint of Rogues mutation for years, it's time for a swing towards a positive consideration of her mutation.
    she can take people out in a non-violent way (early rogue, with less control not withstanding). A prolonged touch and you're asleep
    she can see and experience varying perspectives (as telepaths would, but still), like she did with the hivemind aliens back in legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    White people in the Deep South vote >80% Republican.
    True.The deep south are the red republican states. there is hardly any swing state in the south.

Although which party would be more mutant friendly? From my American experience, Republican racism is more open. Democrat racism is more secret. I see rogue and gambit more of an independent couple, giving money to any who helps mutant rights.

Since Mutant rights were a stand in for black civil rights, my guess is democrats would be the lesser of the two evils in passing mutant friendly laws? unless ofcourse if you believe the southern strategy was a lie and the Republicans have always been the party of President Lincoln that freed the slaves.

HAha, I love how xmen makes me think deep realistically. The BS politics we see in the world today, is the reason Magneto just took over Genosha as a mutant sovereign nation. He knows when it comes to a disenfranchised group, every political party can be shady.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    White people in the Deep South vote >80% Republican.
    maybe pockets of communities here and there but the states as a whole are not. Rogue's from MS and in the last presidential election, the vote was 57.6% Republican. No state is over 80% one political party affiliation
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-03-2019 at 09:59 AM.

You americans are so obsessed with politics, can't even avoid the topic in comic book forum, no wonder you are always fighting and can't get along. Why does it matter if she is a republican or a democrat? Who cares

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    You americans are so obsessed with politics, can't even avoid the topic in comic book forum, no wonder you are always fighting and can't get along. Why does it matter if she is a republican or a democrat? Who cares
    "You Americans" You lost me there

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    "You Americans" You lost me there
    I'm not from the the USA and I can't fathom why people should care about who she votes for (much less if you are not even from the US). IMO it's irrelevant, nothing good will come out from it and it feels completely out of place in a comic book forum.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    I'm not from the the USA and I can't fathom why people should care about who she votes for (much less if you are not even from the US). IMO it's irrelevant, nothing good will come out from it and it feels completely out of place in a comic book forum.
    We must be totally and utterly bored and unenthusiastic about Rogues status and condition.

But, It could be worse, I suppose, at least we're not all, GYTO Gambit or GTFO as the Romy thread is, the thirsting is all so very Cringey, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    she can take people out in a non-violent way (early rogue, with less control not withstanding). A prolonged touch and you're asleep
    she can see and experience varying perspectives (as telepaths would, but still), like she did with the hivemind aliens back in legacy.
    The first is a nerf and second gets ignored by writers and dumb-asses to allow them to cling on to stereotypes that help them simplify people from places.

On an individual being, Rogues mutation can be viewed as destructive and parasitic, but given to a species/race/community of beings then the mutation takes on a whole new meaning and utility. Apply that to other mutations, (individual vs collective) and it brings to the fore the real rogues/progressives/liabilities/unXceptionals among the mutants that any self respecting super genius within the marvel universe should've considered by now.

The X-books are feeling Xcessively dumbed down to me, now.

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    Iam I the only one who hates rogue being able to take powers from a distance? It just makes her too much like mimic and that brat hope. I really wish they just focused on rogues recall ability if they wanted to expand her abilities.
    I could rationalise how Rogues mutation could work when she had the skin contact caveat, the cellular contact gave her DNA a template to mutate to 'n mimic, but now, pfft, I don't get it.

I'd rather that if the distance absorption stays then it would be for energy and psyche absorption, and leave the power mimicry to skin contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Judging by the Excalibur #2 solicit, something's going wrong with her. So maybe the current status quo won't be staying?
    Yeah, I'm thinking that they may very well be retconning the MMX evolution. It doesn't seem to have captured peoples interest. I'm thinking maybe Wanda's chaos magic stuffs gets brought up as Rogues condition in Excalibur. Wandavision is incoming?, and I'm wondering whether Wanda will one of Cyclops picks for the new dawn of X team. Oof, that would ruffle some feathers!! HOX mentioned her this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    We must be totally and utterly bored and unenthusiastic about Rogues status and condition.

Yeah, I'm thinking that they may very well be retconning the MMX evolution. It doesn't seem to have captured peoples interest. I'm thinking maybe Wanda's chaos magic stuffs gets brought up as Rogues condition in Excalibur. Wandavision is incoming?, and I'm wondering whether Wanda will one of Cyclops picks for the new dawn of X team. Oof, that would ruffle some feathers!! HOX mentioned her this week.
    I thought the distance absorption power was an interesting idea, but I really like her better without it.
    I like the fact that she had to get in close to use that power, as well as her lack of control.
    She needs something to put her at a bit of a disadvantage, especially since she's at class 100 strength now, otherwise she'd be pretty much unbeatable by most adversaries.

I'm not totally opposed to it myself, I'm just finding it puzzling to figure out how it works.

Is it an aura that she starts to syphon? cos that's a bit wishy washy for me.

Or is it a sub/conscious form of bio-matter telekinesis that brings some of her opponents skin cells to her, for her to duplicate/mimic/take cellular memory from.

Is it all just energy absorption, but Rogues utilising the energy in an un-adulterated way, as in, that she isn't changing the energy that she's harnessing at all, so if she takes the energy from a cell undergoing cell-division then that is what that energy would do in Rogue, which opens up a can of worms of that Rogue would take on any injuries of her opponent too. but this doesn't explain the lucid psyches.

I like her having a ranged attack, just for the fun of it all, but the 'wait and see' for it to be shown in an x-story is frustrating.

Anyways a Rogue pic from the Marvel #1000 book that was out not so long ago.
    https://ibb.co/j82nc0D
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 09-06-2019 at 02:05 AM. Reason: spelling

If you've got a couple of minutes to spare, why not mosey on down to vote in this here poll....

https://www.cbr.com/vote-top-100-dc-marvel-characters/

I challenged myself to be quick draw about it all, and surprised myself about who some of my votes went to Vertigo (Marauder), Tarot (Hellion), Hawkman, Firefly ...... dammit, I forgot Ghost, Moonstone, Satanna and Gunna Troll ...... drats

Anyways Rogue was my number one, and the X-Men dominated my Marvel top 10.

MY BABIES!!!!

Help! I implore your collective genius!!!

How old (approx?) was Rogue when she joined the X-Men??? She was a teenager, iirc. Would we say 16/17?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    MY BABIES!!!!

Help! I implore your collective genius!!!

How old (approx?) was Rogue when she joined the X-Men??? She was a teenager, iirc. Would we say 16/17?
    She was supposed to be 17 when she debuted, so not much older than than when she joined the team. It wouldn't have been that long in comics time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    She was supposed to be 17 when she debuted, so not much older than than when she joined the team. It wouldn't have been that long in comics time.
    Super helpful! Thank you TRW!

She was 18 here (had recently joined the X-Men. This is UXM #182, she joined the team in #171):