Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Man, can we please get pre-op, younger Shania Twain as MCU Rogue? Unf.

Accent, looks, the whole package.
    My ex-wife was a country music fan, and CMT used to be on the television at times. My son, I think around two or three at the time, used to stop whatever he was doing when she came on. I think every dude did.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Yeah, gorgeous, *leans in, looks closer* Greg Land, you cheeky bugger! that's who you've been drawing all these years

Disclaimer - I like Lands art for the most part, I credit his Phoenix Endsong cover as the image that brought me into comics, He draws men well, his women could do with some hips and diversity, and backgrounds, but on the whole he's good.
    HAHA! Got a real chuckle at that post. I am with you 100% on your disclaimer too.

I'm gonna try this tomorrow when I go food shopping, weathers lovely here so that sounds ideal, doubt i'll be able to find Vernors in Aldi but i'll have a look! Carling is still going strong here.

Absolutely, I'd love a femme fatale take on Rogue for a change, a real confident, seductress, clever, canny, vamp.

Her flirty(ish) nature in Xtas was really progressive. Being flirty is too often attached to villain females to show a predatory manipulator, flirtation can be just playful banter. To have a heroic female flirt is far too rare.

In the Ultimate Universe she is Marion Carlisle.

Anna Marie has really grown on me, I think it really suits her, there is almost a duality in the two names, Anna is sharp, Marie is soft.

Now the "magical hippie parents" I'll cut to the chase, I LOVE IT!!!, I really do! I hated it to begin with, it was something I read through Rogues wiki bio and was cringing about it, but yeah, it's grown on me massively, I need MOARRR.

This is how I interpret it and how I think it adds such depth and pathos to Rogue,

Hippies can be a counter-intuitive lot, for all the positives of love, spirituality and harmony, they don't half bitch about humanities endeavours and lack faith, I can vividly imagine a tiny kid Rogue all wide-eyed and sincere having to listen to her parents neuroticisms and being troubled by them to the point of having to develop a rebellious nature to protect herself from the stresses that her parents are obliviously putting on her.

(yes, I know this is a lot of head canon, but such is life)

Then the mysticism stuff. I think it should and could be Rogues 'Uncle Ben', 'bat in cave moment' and so her 'Kryptonite'. It took her mother away from her, this is big emotive stuff, bigger than the Carol fight. I think Rogue should have a real, genuine, distrust of mysticism. Granted she has been around people like Forge and others enough as to have dealt with most concerns, but there is a story or two to be told. I've kinda head-canoned that it was part of her problem towards Wanda. Rogue showed compassion towards her when she was far enough away, but up close and on the same team, ugh, it stressed Rogue out too much to be able to chill.

So yeah the backstory, was weird for me to begin with, but it's become one of my favorite origins of all the X-Men.
    Wow. That certainly explains Rogue's one-eighty towards Wanda from Children's Crusade until the start of Remender's Uncanny Avengers. Great explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Wow. That certainly explains Rogue's one-eighty towards Wanda from Children's Crusade until the start of Remender's Uncanny Avengers. Great explanation.
    Cheers dude , I count my blessings that as a Rogue fan, I haven't had to deal with as many one-eighty turns as some other fanbases have had to deal with, concerning their fave characters attitudes/motivations/circumstances but the start of UA and MMX were two whiplash 'risks' ha!. UA especially so.

I lost confidence in Rick Remender and Tom Brevoort, at how they handled things in the early UA. Going from X-Men Legacy, where Rogue was smart, canny, level-headed to a regressed angry Rogue in UA was weird.

I'm happy now, that Rogue was given an arc at being massively effected by Xaviers death, but It wasn't depicted very well in the book, it got lost within the petty snaps and squabbles, and both Remender and Brevoort heavily relied on media interviews to explain Rogues mental state of grief, so I wonder how people who didn't see those interviews interpret Rogues behavior.

Nevertheless, I 'might' have a form of 'Stockholm syndrome' at Uncanny Avengers , but it's an absolute fave read of mine now, a classic in the making. That initial roster is one of my favorite rosters of all comicbookdom, and Vol 3 gave Rogue some fun that Vol 1+2 were lacking and added Cable and Deadpool FTW. All's well that ends well, huh. But remember UA closing words, "never the end", so gimme more Marvel, Excelsior!!

Cheers dude , I count my blessings that as a Rogue fan, I haven't had to deal with as many one-eighty turns as some other fanbases have had to deal with, concerning their fave characters attitudes/motivations/circumstances but the start of UA and MMX were two whiplash 'risks' ha!. UA especially so.

I lost confidence in Rick Remender and Tom Brevoort, at how they handled things in the early UA. Going from X-Men Legacy, where Rogue was smart, canny, level-headed to a regressed angry Rogue in UA was weird.

I'm happy now, that Rogue was given an arc at being massively effected by Xaviers death, but It wasn't depicted very well in the book, it got lost within the petty snaps and squabbles, and both Remender and Brevoort heavily relied on media interviews to explain Rogues mental state of grief, so I wonder how people who didn't see those interviews interpret Rogues behavior.

Nevertheless, I 'might' have a form of 'Stockholm syndrome' at Uncanny Avengers , but it's an absolute fave read of mine now, a classic in the making. That initial roster is one of my favorite rosters of all comicbookdom, and Vol 3 gave Rogue some fun that Vol 1+2 were lacking and added Cable and Deadpool FTW. All's well that ends well, huh. But remember UA closing words, "never the end", so gimme more Marvel, Excelsior!!
    Thanks for letting me know. I was never aware of these media interviews. I'm just glad that now Rogue and her X-Men are in good hands for the foreseeable future.

Longshot Crush.jpg
    I enjoyed Rogue and Dazzler crushing on Longshot in X-Men Grand Design X-Tinction #1. Rogue is of course grumpy a few panels later...

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Longshot Crush.jpg
    I enjoyed Rogue and Dazzler crushing on Longshot in X-Men Grand Design X-Tinction #1. Rogue is of course grumpy a few panels later...
    Looks like It might be a fun read, but that art is definitely not my style.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Longshot Crush.jpg
    Has this been good? I got the first issue and enjoyed it but haven't picked up anything else
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Has this been good? I got the first issue and enjoyed it but haven't picked up anything else
    If you're in the mood for a clever coalescing of X-Men history into a single, coherent narrative then it's great, but obviously if you've read everything already or just aren't into the stylistic choice of the old style vs modern art it won't be for you.

It is very well done, and I've actually been enjoying it more and more as it covers stuff I'm more familiar with. I'd recommend it if you liked the first issue.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

If you're in the mood for a clever coalescing of X-Men history into a single, coherent narrative then it's great, but obviously if you've read everything already or just aren't into the stylistic choice of the old style vs modern art it won't be for you.

It is very well done, and I've actually been enjoying it more and more as it covers stuff I'm more familiar with. I'd recommend it if you liked the first issue.
    Cool! I'll check it out!
    Make Good Art

That list is definitely not ranked in terms of power.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

She absorbed Genis Vell once and that's probably that strongest power she ever absorbed.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

http://https://66.media.tumblr.com/cd0e7d54c42355ae6b33874ecb9c5254/tumblr_ps0v2nvRxE1syvn07_1280.png

Finally was able to get my copy of Mr & Mrs X 11, really enjoyed it.

Great to see Rogue cracking heads and dragging trail of goons behind her as she comes to the rescue.

I assume all of the Guild members must have some power enhancements or else they would have all been dead after that beating she gave them?

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    She absorbed Genis Vell once and that's probably that strongest power she ever absorbed.
    Shame she didn't keep that power.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah