Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Hey Mikeb and Sandman813

What was your response to Rogues Siege Perilous story arc?

Were you reading the X-Men at the time?

taken from X-Men: Grand Design Issue 2 which was out this week.

I gotta admit, I didn't even know that this was how she ended up in the Savage Land, and I didn't know about Havok being an executioner either.
    I didn't like it. It completely ignores Rogue releasing the Carol persona from her subconscious, the battle with master mold, where Rogue got sucked into the Seige Perilous and then 22 issues later Rogue and Carol are separated and she ends up back in the Australian outback. And it was Gateway who ended up sending Rogue to the Savage Land. Also, Havok was framed.
    I HOPE you are being sarcastic, right?

Rogue Fan since the 80's Sandman813's Avatar

I haven't read that issue of X-men grand design but yes I was read uncanny x-men way before the savage land story line If I remember that story with the siege perilous
    it started with Carol controlling Rogues body and going to San Franscisco to collect some of her things from her old land lord that had been kept after she was walking away there was a attack by the nimrod/master mold who had combined so Carol put on her leather Ms. Marvel costume and not very happy to find heself wearing the Ms. Marvel costume then attacked the giant robot.
    After being hit Rogue came to her senses she attacked the giant robot by going high into the air to the edge of space and came straight down onto it with the force of a meteor creating a big hole destroying the robot leaving only the head.
    by the then the x-men had shown up and opened up the siege perilous trying to push it through but the Nimrod/Master mold wrapped tendrils around Rogue but she knew that the Robot was such a threat that she while in telepathic contact with Psylocke she ordered Dazzled to zap both of them through the portal.After dazzled begged her make her do it Rogue again ordered her to go it, then Dazzler fired pushing both Nimrod.Master mold through the portal uncanny X-men #246-247
    97993536520.247.jpg

that was in Uncanny X-men #246 Rogue was not seen again until X-men #269
    Rogue appeared through the other side of the siege perilous back at the x-men's Australian headquarters but without her Ms. Marvel powers only to find the x-men were gone and that the reavers had taken back their old hideout. But she was not alone Ms,marvel was also there so while being attacked by two different foes she ran to Gateway and absorbed his powers where she teleports herself to the Savageland and Ms.Marvel to Muir Island where the Shadow King Was.later in the issue Ms,marvel shows up but under the corrupting influence of the Shadow King after a battle between the two Magneto shows and kills Ms.Marvel and restores Rogue with her Ms.Marvel powers.
    97993536520.269.jpg

Rogue is not seen again until Uncanny X-Men #274
    Where we see Rogue have a romantic feelings toward Magneto who they then met Ka-zar and Nick Fury then during a battle with Zaladane whom he has her at his mercy but despite Rogues pleading with Magneto not to hurt her kills Zaladane upon which Magneto leaves the savage land and Rogue goes to Muir Island where not knowing the Shadow King Still Rules.
    97993536520.274.NEWSSTAND.jpg

And yes i do own x-men #1 to #544 with both giant size issues #1-2 and all the annuals.
    I still can't believe that I got #94 for $14-$15 in a comic bin at a store. and that my Dad talked another comic store owner down from $200 to $150 for X-men #1 which I would get as a Christmas present.
    Last edited by Sandman813; 06-21-2019 at 04:04 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Rogue was afraid that she will become insane after absorbing Carol Danvers. That was a reason why she was looking for help.
    She didn't know what colors she like etc. Which memories are her and which are not.
    Carol helped Rogue by creating chaos inside her memories.

Like in majority of good stories some things can be interpreted differently. For me the idea that Carol helped Rogue is weak.
    Carol was destroying her life even after Rogue joined X-men.

Dark Phoenix destroyed any chances to see Rogue on big screen in resonable future... great/s
    Rogue was actually introduced in an Avengers Annual, and Mystique in a Ms. Marvel Comics book. So there is no reason why Rogue cannot appear as early as Captain Marvel 2. Individual mutants and XMen could be introduced throughout Marvel Universe. There need to be a number of years before a team XMen movie is made, so people have moved on beyond Fox´s versions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Rogue was actually introduced in an Avengers Annual, and Mystique in a Ms. Marvel Comics book. So there is no reason why Rogue cannot appear as early as Captain Marvel 2. Individual mutants and XMen could be introduced throughout Marvel Universe. There need to be a number of years before a team XMen movie is made, so people have moved on beyond Fox´s versions.
    As You wrote:
    "There need to be a number of years before a team X-men movie is made."

This is also a reason why Rogue is not needed in CM2 movie. Why should they use her in CM2 when they can use her in for example CM3? or other movie which will have closer date to first x-men movie?
    Storm in bp2? possible
    but Storm in bp3 or bp4? better to build hype.

because ultimately... no matter what Rogue would do in cm2 ... it won't help to build hype for x-men 1(if this movie would be released 5 years later than cm2).

Ah, Thanks for the quick draw, sharp shootin' replys

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I didn't like it. It completely ignores Rogue releasing the Carol persona from her subconscious, the battle with master mold, where Rogue got sucked into the Seige Perilous and then 22 issues later Rogue and Carol are separated and she ends up back in the Australian outback. And it was Gateway who ended up sending Rogue to the Savage Land. Also, Havok was framed.
    I HOPE you are being sarcastic, right?
    "Pfft, yeah, of course I was being sarcastic!",

Is what I should say, to save face . Chalk it down to reading X-Men Grand Design while tired and late at night!, as soon as my head hit the pillow I remembered the whole Master Mold story. I knew Grand design was a massive condensing of chronology but it appears to have totally re-written plots too, as with Havok, ooof, He gets a terrible re-write in it, as a willing albeit amnesiac Genoshian Magistrate executioner!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman813 View Post
    I haven't read that issue of X-men grand design but yes I was read uncanny x-men way before the savage land story line If I remember that story with the siege perilous
    it started with Carol controlling Rogues body and going to San Franscisco to collect some of her things from her old land lord that had been kept after she was walking away there was a attack by the nimrod/master mold who had combined so Carol put on her leather Ms. Marvel costume and not very happy to find heself wearing the Ms. Marvel costume then attacked the giant robot.
    After being hit Rogue came to her senses she attacked the giant robot by going high into the air to the edge of space and came straight down onto it with the force of a meteor creating a big hole destroying the robot leaving only the head.
    by the then the x-men had shown up and opened up the siege perilous trying to push it through but the Nimrod/Master mold wrapped tendrils around Rogue but she knew that the Robot was such a threat that she while in telepathic contact with Psylocke she ordered Dazzled to zap both of them through the portal.After dazzled begged her make her do it Rogue again ordered her to go it, then Dazzler fired pushing both Nimrod.Master mold through the portal uncanny X-men #246-247

that was in Uncanny X-men #246 Rogue was not seen again until X-men #269
    Rogue appeared through the other side of the siege perilous back at the x-men's Australian headquarters but without her Ms. Marvel powers only to find the x-men were gone and that the reavers had taken back their old hideout. But she was not alone Ms,marvel was also there so while being attacked by two different foes she ran to Gateway and absorbed his powers where she teleports herself to the Savageland and Ms.Marvel to Muir Island where the Shadow King Was.later in the issue Ms,marvel shows up but under the corrupting influence of the Shadow King after a battle between the two Magneto shows and kills Ms.Marvel and restores Rogue with her Ms.Marvel powers.

Rogue is not seen again until Uncanny X-Men #274
    Where we see Rogue have a romantic feelings toward Magneto who they then met Ka-zar and Nick Fury then during a battle with Zaladane whom he has her at his mercy but despite Rogues pleading with Magneto not to hurt her kills Zaladane upon which Magneto leaves the savage land and Rogue goes to Muir Island where not knowing the Shadow King Still Rules.

And yes i do own x-men #1 to #544 with both giant size issues #1-2 and all the annuals.
    I still can't believe that I got #94 for $14-$15 in a comic bin at a store. and that my Dad talked another comic store owner down from $200 to $150 for X-men #1 which I would get as a Christmas present.
    Great write-up Thanks for that. That X-men #1 must have been a Very Merry Christmas present, Cool.

My collection of those times is patchy, to put it mildly, I've had to do a lot of wiki reading to fill the gaps, but the chronology of events/plots is still jumbled up, up in my noggin'.

I knew that Rogue would of been absent from the comics for almost two years and that must have been an annoyance to her readers. She had been absent for awhile when I started to keep up with current ongoings too. She then started to appear in Legacy, and other than that 6 months 'absence' in Uncanny Avengers, Shes been consistently contributing to the X-Men mythos, and has a more than paid for her prominence in stories *Marvel, are you paying attention* in revenue and appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    As You wrote:
    "There need to be a number of years before a team X-men movie is made."

This is also a reason why Rogue is not needed in CM2 movie. Why should they use her in CM2 when they can use her in for example CM3? or other movie which will have closer date to first x-men movie?
    Storm in bp2? possible
    but Storm in bp3 or bp4? better to build hype.

because ultimately... no matter what Rogue would do in cm2 ... it won't help to build hype for x-men 1(if this movie would be released 5 years later than cm2).
    I've got a terrible/dreadful worry about the CM movies, that I will not sully this good thread by uttering its shear horror!

Anyways, the prospect of a Rogue movie appearance has been getting its pieces positioned quite well, dare I get X-cited at the prospect? too late, I am! (apart from that little worrying doubt)

When Rogue got sucked into the Seige, in UXM#247, it was in June of 1989 (dated August). Rogue came out in August of 1990 in UXM#269. (Dated October) The amount of time Rogue was in the Seige was thus 14 months. The reason the issue numbers exceded the months is during the period inbetween there were times that UnCanny was coming out twice a month. (Maybe testing the waters for the second X-Men book.) It was 2 years to the month from where Rogue released the Carol persona from her subconious in August of 1988 (dated October) to the sepperation that took place in UXM#269 in August of 1990. (Dated October)

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

I knew Grand design was a massive condensing of chronology but it appears to have totally re-written plots too, as with Havok, ooof, He gets a terrible re-write in it, as a willing albeit amnesiac Genoshian Magistrate executioner!
    It's described as a stitching together of all the X-men stories (aka, a completely different story). It's marketed as a condensing of chronology.

The twist being, in reality, it's neither it's not the conventional universe history we know at all. It's a DOFP dystopia. This is how he gets away with changing anything.

(that said, NOT a fan of Rogue being written out but all those seige perilous threads were a mess, cant be too mad at him. Also, the Havok story doesnt seem like a huge deviation TBH...)

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I legit thought that was gonna be some cooky redesign for Karma. I associate Karma with Purple/violet.

This House of X things is tripping me up so hard. I need to know stuff. We know nothing. GAAAAH!
    Why do you associate purple with her? Ive never see that as even a semi-regular element of her design ever

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why do you associate purple with her? Ive never see that as even a semi-regular element of her design ever

thats power signature though. That last pic is even pink and used for most female TPs. She doesnt wear purple on her costumes like that character does. I dont even think its very consistent with her either

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats power signature though. That last pic is even pink and used for most female TPs. She doesnt wear purple on her costumes like that character does. I dont even think its very consistent with her either
    Why are you arguing what color I associate with Karma? Have I triggered you?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Why are you arguing what color I associate with Karma? Have I triggered you?
    why are you bothered that I have a difference of opinion?

The exposed brain normally suggests psy abilities in comic characters, and the character could be asian.

Rogues possible connection to her came from the green and yellow coloring of the costume that we've seen in all other art of her, oh and the utility belt, Rogues kinda like Batman with that, seriously only sexier and broodier, obvs

Rogue Fan since the 80's Sandman813's Avatar

The exposed brain normally suggests psy abilities in comic characters, and the character could be asian.

Rogues possible connection to her came from the green and yellow coloring of the costume that we've seen in all other art of her, oh and the utility belt, Rogues kinda like Batman with that, seriously only sexier and broodier, obvs
    Sometimes the exposed brain shows super intelligence.
    KRAKOA MUST FALL

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    This is probably Rogues greatest moment for me!

IMO the artist Paul Smith was to have graced so much more UXM comics with his to me stunning art.