Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Movie Rogue, Anna Paquin, Beautiful, Nuff said

I really think she could have made a good Rogue with better writing. She has the looks down and I thought she had a good accent
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member

She could have done a good job, she just had nothing to work with.

hey can anyone list the recent issues in which rogue and carol interact to face a threat. i saw some scans here but need the issues listed so i can hunt them down. im a huge rogue fan

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    hey can anyone list the recent issues in which rogue and carol interact to face a threat. i saw some scans here but need the issues listed so i can hunt them down. im a huge rogue fan
    Captain Marvel Vol. 10 #3-5. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Captain_Marvel_Vol_10_3

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    What impeccable taste you have, an Emma avatar and a love of Rogue, You're cool and just, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
    Or I'll sock em good, I will.

Jumpyshark got you covered for most recent interaction, but there is also a short scene between the two in Uncanny Avengers Vol 3 issue 12, where Carol assists Rogues team to take out Ultron.
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 06-18-2019 at 01:30 PM.

thankyou both.

So the theory that this character has something to do with Rogue is rumblin' on, I've seen a CBR article positing her as a combination of Rogue and No-Girl. (I see a bit of X-23 in the costume too)

I'm liking the design more in this sketch, but I kinda think that these PoX characters are gonna be cannon fodder at some point in the story. I was pumped, psyched and stoked at the initial announcement of Hickman, but my enthusiasm has waned at bit.

Anyways, soooo, it's Magneto week, next week in the Aipt JDW interviews. I wonder if Rogue will be brought up (anyone on twitter?)

I kinda like how the X-office seem to view their relationship, I remember-ish (Cullen Bunn?) and an editor?, (Ok It's a hazy memory) but they said something along the lines of that Rogue was a happiness and 'family' that Magento was denying himself because of guilt. I kinda like that, it gives Magneto some depth and adds to his character.

But obviously Rogues pov is more important to us and I think it has been defined pretty well, through Carey, Thompson, Remender and others. She wants to help him, curb his anger towards humanity, keep him out of trouble, protect others from him.

IMO the Magento relationship had to happen, otherwise Romy would be a bit hummmm ..... awful, as in, the divorced older, guy with a terrible reputation, even within his circle of friends, gets the young, caste, virginal, unworldly girl. It's a tale as old as time but not very 'current' or 'considerate' towards Rogues character (and her fans) and not very 'Marvel'. Sure, Magneto is a divorced, older guy with a terrible reputation, even within his circle of friends, kinda guy too, She seems to have a type, or she attracts a type, but I think marvel played a long game with this.

But anyways, I'm not hugely into 'ships', they basically just mean tied 'duos' of characters within stories, and as a Rogue fan, I want to see duo adventures of Rogue with Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Psylocke, Dazzler, Beast, Jubilee, Rachel, Havok, Polaris, Kitty, Colossus, Juggernaut, Banshee, Emma, Sunfire, Northstar and so on........... so lets hope for a smart, progressive take on a marriage from the X-Office. I dig that Rogue is kinda trail blazin' (I wasn't around for Cyke and Jean wedding and Northstar is MIA), but also I think I've not got the will and patience with angsty, melodrama stuff, I'm into superheroes, not daytime soap operas.

Thanks for reading, I've been wanting to get that off my chest for ages.

That redacted label is too small. I can make out that the name is N___L.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Nigel?

*chuckle*

Nobel

Nodal - Of the nature of, or relating to, a node; as, a nodal point.

Nonyl - The hydrocarbon radical, C9H19-, derived from nonane and forming many compounds. Used also adjectively; as, nonyl alcohol.

Nopal, noun - any of several cacti of the genus Nopalea resembling prickly pears, cactus having yellow flowers and purple fruits

Nosel - To nurse; to lead or teach; to foster; to nuzzle.

Novel

Nowel - The core, or the inner part, of a mold for casting a large hollow object. (b) The bottom part of a mold or of a flask, in distinction from the cope; the drag.

hmmm, Curiouser and Curiouser

BANNED

its a 4 letter word the second letter is either a U or an L

May be an acronym. NLWL or NUWL

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    So the theory that this character has something to do with Rogue is rumblin' on, I've seen a CBR article positing her as a combination of Rogue and No-Girl. (I see a bit of X-23 in the costume too)

Looks like Mindblast from the Femme Fatales

Oops, I missed the blindingly obvious one - No-Girl or N-Girl

It could be a four of five letter name, I reckon.

The colouring in the sketch has been likened to the Kree mining suit that Rogue wore, or the purple could be eluding to Psylocke or Mindblast. The visible brain is a bit .... yck.

Not long to wait now though, we've seen that she gets captured, and that "how powers will [redacted]" is interesting - [flare, manifest,....]

Oh and I forgot Wolverine and Archangel as duo team-ups that I want to see with Rogue soon.

I legit thought that was gonna be some cooky redesign for Karma. I associate Karma with Purple/violet.

This House of X things is tripping me up so hard. I need to know stuff. We know nothing. GAAAAH!

Yikes, it could very well be Karma too!

Quit ya teasing Marvel, ya big ol' bullies. I like certainties and clarity.

Todays random musing while procrastinating = This is the moment/plot that caught my attention in regards to Ultimate Universe Rogue.....

This right here is when Ultimate Rogue became a true WILDCARD for me. Oh ****, what she gonna do? Oh no, she's capable of doing anything! I'm scared, don't mess this up Spencer! [spoiler - He didn't, but unfortunately he didn't give it enough ooomph either]

The Ultimate Universe didn't have much appeal to me, I hated the man made mutations stuff, but Spencer and Wood did some interesting stuff with Rogue. Most ultimate characters were morphing into their 616 characters, but Rogue and Jean were musing the writers more, becoming distinct from their 616 counterparts.

Woods Rogue, becoming at one with nature was a brief period of joy for her, it was nice!.

Hey Mikeb and Sandman813

What was your response to Rogues Siege Perilous story arc?

Were you reading the X-Men at the time?

taken from X-Men: Grand Design Issue 2 which was out this week.

I gotta admit, I didn't even know that this was how she ended up in the Savage Land, and I didn't know about Havok being an executioner either.