Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Anna Marie: Rogue Appreciation 2019

Appreciation thread for the Sassiest, Sexiest, Southernest, X-man out there.

Finally! Thank you!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Perfect image to start the thread with!
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Perfect image to start the thread with!
    Yep, she never looked better.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    Yep, she never looked better.
    I am a big fan of Dauterman, though, so that cover that your avater is from is one of my favorites as well
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I am a big fan of Dauterman, though, so that cover that your avater is from is one of my favorites as well
    I almost used that cover image, Dauterman draws a great Rogue and he's one of my favorite artists.

I also thought about this image because it's just the perfect mix of sexy and badass, but I think Rogue's iconic green and yellow uniform is her best look so I had to go with that
    6246117-rogue.jpg

Yes! Love that one as well. Dauterman is second only to Coipel in my book when it comes to Rogue.
    9735307777_c5e1842db7_b.jpg
    Make Good Art

Hello fellow Rogue fans,

This place has been pretty quiet since the wedding
    So lets cut to the chase and say what we're really thinking. I'll start

Venting in 3....2.....1

I'm pissed at the total dismissal of Rogues recent history. Kelly Thompson and Romy fans seem to be totally oblivious to how much of an about-turn both Rogue and Gambit fans have had to make to accept our favorites even being in Mr and Mrs X. But to our credit we accepted it and went with it, cos lets face it, we all want a book featuring our favorites, and to make it a success, we want to support it, but KT is asking a lot from Rogue fans.

Rogue's pretty much a totally different character from who she was just a year ago.

Married,
    lost leadership position,
    no position or role within the X-men,
    Powers royally F....d up!,
    recent friendships forgotten

I'm genuinely just conflicted with KTs writing, I really want to enjoy it, I like her and her love of the characters, but it's all just too weird at times, the biggest most weirdest thing of all.....

The 'evolution' of Rogues powers, ......I just can't.......I........just can't go there yet...............I don't think i like it........like, at all!
    This might be the one thing that has triggered me the most! What's KT thinking!, she needs to sell this asap.

I don't give a **** if Gambit fanboys and Girls piss and moan about Rogue getting more panel time, this needs to be addressed quickly, it's yet another power-set change when we'd finally got some stability and compromise to her power set. She had the Flying brick and the absorption powers, with the limitation of physical contact, Done, sorted, move on.

But no Rogue has now become invasive of everyone around her, like telepaths are............but yeah, lemme cut this rant short, cos I've got nothin' good to say on the subject...............It's just irritating me not knowing anything about it, even though I'm buying a book about it......ya get me?

The art in MMX is hard work too. I like the look of everything else on page other than Rogue and Gambit. Gambit looks basic af and Rogue has a child like face on a woman's' body, it's unnerving. The art of a book is HUGE, MASSIVE deal breaker for me.
    It was really nice in R&G but MMX not so much.

That'll do for now

End of Vent

So.....How are you other Rogue fans doing?

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

this one is pretty cool
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

Rogue has been ruined by the Romy nonsense. It’s sad.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Cool

This is probably Rogues greatest moment for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Hello fellow Rogue fans,

This place has been pretty quiet since the wedding
    So lets cut to the chase and say what we're really thinking. I'll start

Venting in 3....2.....1

I'm pissed at the total dismissal of Rogues recent history. Kelly Thompson and Romy fans seem to be totally oblivious to how much of an about-turn both Rogue and Gambit fans have had to make to accept our favorites even being in Mr and Mrs X. But to our credit we accepted it and went with it, cos lets face it, we all want a book featuring our favorites, and to make it a success, we want to support it, but KT is asking a lot from Rogue fans.

Rogue's pretty much a totally different character from who she was just a year ago.

Married,

I'm genuinely just conflicted with KTs writing, I really want to enjoy it, I like her and her love of the characters, but it's all just too weird at times, the biggest most weirdest thing of all.....

The 'evolution' of Rogues powers, ......I just can't.......I........just can't go there yet...............I don't think i like it........like, at all!
    This might be the one thing that has triggered me the most! What's KT thinking!, she needs to sell this asap.

I don't give a **** if Gambit fanboys and Girls piss and moan about Rogue getting more panel time, this needs to be addressed quickly, it's yet another power-set change when we'd finally got some stability and compromise to her power set. She had the Flying brick and the absorption powers, with the limitation of physical contact, Done, sorted, move on.

But no Rogue has now become invasive of everyone around her, like telepaths are............but yeah, lemme cut this rant short, cos I've got nothin' good to say on the subject...............It's just irritating me not knowing anything about it, even though I'm buying a book about it......ya get me?

The art in MMX is hard work too. I like the look of everything else on page other than Rogue and Gambit. Gambit looks basic af and Rogue has a child like face on a woman's' body, it's unnerving. The art of a book is HUGE, MASSIVE deal breaker for me.
    It was really nice in R&G but MMX not so much.

That'll do for now

End of Vent

So.....How are you other Rogue fans doing?
    Kelly is a great and very competent writer, the best thing that has happened to Rogue in a long time, because she not only likes the character, but cares about all the powers of Rogue, not just the flying brick ones.

________

And I do not think you have the remotest idea of ​​what you're complaining about, Kelly has been great, in terms of Rogue's powers that does not come from nothing, you did not see the lot of new things he was doing when he had control? ?? how to be better in mental scans than the best telepaths, and absorb people who did not have a physical body, even she without a physical body could absorb, among other things.

If you say it for the new spin to absorb at a distance ??? That's not new, but since you do not know much about the character I guess you did not know, the first one that showed this was Claremont, in his fight against the neo, Rogue was able to absorb and hurt Colossus from a distance, without touching him, by means of a ray, or aura of energy, so this is one of the latent powers of Rogue, it's not something new that Kelly is inventing.

The other thing was that in the future she will be able to channel powers absorbed in the past, that has always been known is one of her advances.

But what Kelly is doing now is also logical, and it's something she showed in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Married,
    Yeah, that came out of nowhere alright. Looks like you have Donny Cates to thank for it as he apparantly came up with the idea at a planning meet-up.

Was never gonna last anyway, not a core part of the character.
    And took part in Avengers book I think, so not really central to X-Men either.

The wind will change here at some point. Maybe after Age of X part 2 is done?

Just a reversion to status quo. She arguably needs this part anyway, just like Cyclops needs the inability to control his blasts and Professor X needs his wheel chair.

Outside of the X-Men friendships?
    Yeah, those are not worth much in the long run, just be happy if incoming writers remembers her relationships (not with Gambit) within the X-Men.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Outside of the X-Men friendships?
    Yeah, those are not worth much in the long run, just be happy if incoming writers remembers her relationships (not with Gambit) within the X-Men.
    I know this isn't a recent friendship but when was the last time Rogue had any meaningful interaction with Iceman? I know they were semi-close in the 90's. Also, I was just saying in the Northstar thread that I'd like to see her and Jean Paul talk again. They really haven't since the X-Men/Alpha Flight mini way back. Rogue seems to befriend gay men.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I know this isn't a recent friendship but when was the last time Rogue had any meaningful interaction with Iceman? I know they were semi-close in the 90's. Also, I was just saying in the Northstar thread that I'd like to see her and Jean Paul talk again. They really haven't since the X-Men/Alpha Flight mini way back. Rogue seems to befriend gay men.
    Exactly, Even Rogues bridal party was totally impersonal to the Rogue of the past 15 years.

Rogues last meaningful interaction with Iceman was when he was in her squad at the beginning of Mike Careys long run. He then when on to sleep with her mother (or reveal that they had slept together - I got bored and tuned out so I can't remember the details). Mystique then went on to shoot Rogue.
    Yes, Rogue might not know of the relationship between Iceman and Mystique but we the readers do.

Nightcrawler; Some people seem to assume that they were foster siblings, raised together, not in the 616 universe they were't. There's been very little interaction between the two within the last 15 years. He was fisted to death right in-front of her by Bastion, yet Rogue wasn't even shown at his funeral.
    The next time they met was long after his resurrection during AXIS. There was no sentiment between the two, no heartfelt reunion, nothing.

Where were Wasp, Synapse, Sunfire, Polaris, Rachel just to name a few, characters that have had meaningful interactions with Rogue within the the last 15 years

Sunfire was on UA with Rogue and have a history
    Polaris and Rachel were saved and returned to earth by Rogue in X-Men Legacy
    We've seen Rogue form friendships with Wasp and Synapse and other UA members