Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Shame she didn't keep that power.
    Yeah, I love the 'cosmic' visual that Genis-Vell had with is power signature, the starry night look

I've always wondered whether Bendis was the one to push for that, and whether he was then a bit 'haughty' butt hurt about the lack of enthusiasm for it in the X-Office and so snubbed any further Rogue writing. It was probably for the best.

[addition] Ooooh I love the Uncanny X-Men #19 variant by Tyler Kirkham on your facebook page, and this...

by Fred Ian

Perfection!!
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 06-07-2019 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Yeah, I love the 'cosmic' visual that Genis-Vell had with is power signature, the starry night look

I've always wondered whether Bendis was the one to push for that, and whether he was then a bit 'haughty' butt hurt about the lack of enthusiasm for it in the X-Office and so snubbed any further Rogue writing. It was probably for the best.

[addition] Ooooh I love the Uncanny X-Men #19 variant by Tyler Kirkham on your facebook page, and this...

by Fred Ian

Perfection!!
    Bendis wanted that. Joe Q nixed it. Said she'd be too powerful.House-of-M-(2006)-(Digital)-(Kileko-Empire)-134.jpg
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Silly Joe Q, there's no such thing as too powerful, Rogue could of gone out into the cosmos, space-faring having a whale of a time. (strange idiom "whale of a time", huh I've never pondered it before!)

Ultimate Universe Rogue had a smooch with Genis-Vell iirc, destiny may some day bring them together in the 616 universe

Some light reading....
    Rogue Won: 30 Little Known Things About The Avengers And The X-Men's Powerhouse
    https://www.cbr.com/things-to-know-about-x-men-rogue/

I've never read much of Loki, I'd like a Rogue story involving him sometime and Fandral too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    The problem I see is we don't know how Rogue really feels about Carol because everything Rogue feels towards Carol is seen through a lens of guilt. Rogue should have been angry being sucked into Carol's mess. Instead, the guilt she's been forced to carry for nearly 40 years made her say she was sorry for something that was not her fault. Yes, CAROL'S MESS. If Carol wants to be the most popular hero in the world, she should expect to have Psychotic Stalkers to deal with. It comes with the territory. Ever hear of John Hinkley, Jr? He was so obsessed with a young actress, he tried to kill the President of the U.S. to "prove" his love.
    We do know how Rogue feels about Carol, and that was addressed in this book and Mr. and Mrs. X. Had she never stolen permanently absorbed Carol, she never would have left the brotherhood and joined the XMen. So in the one hand she hates what she did, on the other hand sheÂ’s very grateful she did it. She both loves and hates it.

Of which she directly told Carol, and Carol understood it. Rogue destroyed Ms. Marvel. Carol was with the XMen for help and that Jess to her becoming Binary. I think Carol hates what happened to her at the hands of Rogue, but is glad of the after effects of this as well.

Their relationship is then a love hate relationship, with one of mutual respect and even a certain amount of trust.

Carol should have taken at least some responsibility for what happened to Rogue. It's Carol's name the Nuclear man exploited to lure Rogue. Carol is the chief defender of her name. Instead, Rogue is made to grovel an unnecessary apology and an even more unnecessary justification for letting herself being exploited and mind controlled. Contrast this to what happened in the last issue of Uncanny Avengers. Steve Rogers was willing to take responsibility for evil done in his name. This is going to be a hard lesson for Carol to learn because it looks in the next several months Carol's name is going to go from Captain Marvel to Captain MUD.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Soooooooo I need some clarification, but I'm sure Rogue didn't defect from the brotherhood b/c she absorbed Carol. Wasn't it more from her absorbing ROM and dealing w/the chaos in her mind from all her absorption? I just don't get how some people are singing praises for Carol being the one helping if not turning Rogue to the good side.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Soooooooo I need some clarification, but I'm sure Rogue didn't defect from the brotherhood b/c she absorbed Carol. Wasn't it more from her absorbing ROM and dealing w/the chaos in her mind from all her absorption? I just don't get how some people are singing praises for Carol being the one helping if not turning Rogue to the good side.
    Rogue was afraid that she will become insane after absorbing Carol Danvers. That was a reason why she was looking for help.
    She didn't know what colors she like etc. Which memories are her and which are not.
    Carol helped Rogue by creating chaos inside her memories.

Like in majority of good stories some things can be interpreted differently. For me the idea that Carol helped Rogue is weak.
    Carol was destroying her life even after Rogue joined X-men.

Dark Phoenix destroyed any chances to see Rogue on big screen in resonable future... great/s

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    IMO, if anything, getting Carol stuck in her head pushed Rogue to seek help for her deteriorating mental state. I found my copy of ROM#32 dated July 1982. Even before Rogue attempted to absorb ROM, ROM makes this assessment about Rogue: Unlike Mystique, I sense no evil in you. Thing is, Carol is no boy scout. I don't get it either. Here are the pages you are talking about. (Also, if it means anything, Ann Nocenti was the editor of ROM at the time.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    Rogue was afraid that she will become insane after absorbing Carol Danvers. That was a reason why she was looking for help.
    She didn't know what colors she like etc. Which memories are her and which are not.
    Carol helped Rogue by creating chaos inside her memories.

Like in majority of good stories some things can be interpreted differently. For me the idea that Carol helped Rogue is weak.
    Carol was destroying her life even after Rogue joined X-men.

Dark Phoenix destroyed any chances to see Rogue on big screen in resonable future... great/s
    The only time the Carol persona "helped" Rogue is when Rogue was held prisoner on Genosha. Rogue retreated into the bottom of her sub-conscious after being molested by the Genoshen guards. There she met the Carol persona, who talked her into releasing her to take over Rogue's body so she and Logan could escape. Thing is what Rogue did in releasing the Carol persona for this one event ended up basicly being a deal with the devil, because the Carol persona was more akin to an occupying force, taking Rogue over when ever she wanted to, to do what ever she pleased. On the other hand, it was the begining of the end of having Carol in her head. Two years exactly to the month the Genosha story took place, the Seige Perilous sepperated them. (Funny thing is in the nearly 29 years since UXM#269 came out, I've never seen or read anything that Captain Marvel Carol knows about it.)

Thank you Xelo and Mike. Yea I couldn't put much stalk in Carol being the one that "Helped" Rogue along. A lot of factors played its part but mostly Rogue herself.

Woo hoo, Xelossik, Hiya buddy

I'd like to take a swing at an answer Calintz but I'm in denial, and enjoying that denial for now, there have been so many WTFs this past year. I'm kidding myself that they are all part of an ongoing plot that will be sorted, sometime within the next five years or so maybe in HOX, POX (for Rogues power evolution)

But at the moment it stands that "all praise lord almighty Carol, for she has shone her light unto Rogue" and Rogue has been born again and humbled to worship the one and only Captain Marvel. pfft or sommin' like that nonsense. Onwards and upwards though, Excelsior!!
    (There's more too it, I'm being lazy, but my retention of details is not computing at the mo') [ninja'd, Mikeb is on the case]

There are rumors of an XTAS reunion/continuation which would tide me over for awhile, I prefer animations over live action and DisMarvel SHOULD provide work for artists and animators, dammit. I'm free, not free as in free of charge, obvs.

An interesting development........

from https://twitter.com/MahmudAsrar/stat...517519362?s=19
    I love it!

Random musings of the day = I'd like a Brotherhood reunion, maybe a clandestine destinys diary planned meet up of the ol' rapscallions.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

by Fred Ian

Perfection!!
    this is gorgeous!!! lovely
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this is gorgeous!!! lovely
    It is isn't it, I'll pop round and leave some Storm art from the same artist in a bit, I'd say he traces a lil bit, but hey, it's all part of the learning process.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

It is isn't it, I'll pop round and leave some Storm art from the same artist in a bit, I'd say he traces a lil bit, but hey, it's all part of the learning process.
    it is. its absolutely stunning!! and please do. how can you tell he traces?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it is. its absolutely stunning!! and please do. how can you tell he traces?
    You'll probably notice it yourself on some of them, only some, not all.

He's got some other Rogue pieces too...
    http://www.fred-ian.com/fr/travaux.html
    Warning - There are one or two nudie pics, not obscene, just nude (I hope, I haven't seen them all myself yet I'm cringing, yikes I better go and scout quickly)

[addition - just checked his other galleries, phew, nothing obscene but some nudes, He's done a lot of art for Upperdeck Marvel cards too]
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 06-10-2019 at 03:00 PM.