Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #182 Jun 1984
    "Madness!"
    Rogue is flying back to the United States following the X-Men's return from Battleworld ahead of the others
    to check on the remaining X-Men that were left on Earth, and the New Mutants. Rogue arrives at the mansion
    and begins checking the answering machine. She finds a panicked call from Madelyne Pryor who was calling to tell the X-Men
    that her husband, Scott Summers had gone missing. Rogue knows that he was transported to Battleworld with them
    and presumes that he was returned to her when they were all returned home.
    The next message is from Colonel Rossi a SHIELD agent who is a colleague of Professor Xavier.
    Rossi has confirmed one of their suspicions. His call is cut off when someone gets the jump on him. Rogue flies off to save him,
    missing an important message from Illyana Rasputin telling that the White Queen had
    kidnapped Kitty and Doug Ramsey and that she and the New Mutants were going to rescue her.

Aboard the SHIELD helicarrier, Rossi is being roughly interrogated for
    answers to why he was caught looking up information about the Hellfire Club.
    One of these interrogators, a spy working of the Inner Circle, goes back to report to Sebastian Shaw and confirms his identity.
    Shaw orders him to eliminate Rossi before he is visited by a mental projection of the White Queen who informs
    him that she has the New Mutants under her thrall and asks if he would like to see Xavier's novice students.

Meanwhile, Rogue manages to break aboard the SHIELD helicarrier by flicking a nickel into it's radar bay with her super strength.

Breaking in, she then trashes some of the security systems closing off blast
    doors so that the SHIELD operatives do not have an easy time stopping her.
    She manages to get to Rossi just before the Inner Circle spy can assassinate him.
    When she tries to revive the heavily beaten Rossi, she begins talking in a different voice that speaks of a long time friendship.
    Rossi, barely conscious recognizes the voice but cannot believe he is hearing it.

Rogue then manages to escape the Helicarrier and smashes a number of fighter jets that are deployed to try and stop her.

Rogue brings Rossi to a home that she believes as her parents summer home located in Cape Cod Massachusetts.
    Rogue prepares Rossi a meal and when he awakens to eat, he finds that as he questions Rogue she has the memories of Carol Danvers.
    Rossi then calls her on it, watching as she flips from personality to personality from trying to sort out her memories;
    this causes her to burst out of the house and tumble down onto the beach near the home.
    There she is haunted by more of Carol's memories of her childhood and adult life.

She realizes that when she absorbed Carol Danver's powers she must have taken her memories as well as the emotions that go along with them.
    When Rossi goes down to check on her, she reveals to him what he did, a revelation that angers and horrifies him.
    When she attempts to atone for it by telling him that she is Carol in all the ways that matter,
    he rejects her offer of love striking her and walking away -- telling her that he can't bring himself to kill her for what she's done.

While back aboard the SHIELD helicarrier, Nick Fury questions the Hellfire Club spy, unaware that he is a double agent.
    The spy tells Fury that Rogue was responsible for the attack on the helicarrier earlier.
    With her identity confirmed, Fury puts out a call to all SHIELD agents to bring in Rogue and use deadly force if necessary.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by John Romita, Jr. and Dan Green.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-looked-better-in-the-90s/

I definitely agree with this in regards to Rogue.

Hopefully she'll take time during this sabbatical to get a new costume.

Or go back to her outfit from the 90s, either way.

Prayer circle for Duggan to get her post HoX.

Curiouser and Curiouser!

I'm game, bring it on. Come at me bur! Lets see what ya got.

First thoughts;

Admittedly was a wtf

Is that Pixie, OMG, tidy! ah no It's Psylocke - I'm not convinced on the design, may take a bit of getting used too.

sbo will be happy, - but, I'm kinda shocked that they haven't altered the look at all, got me a bit annoyed that all of Legacy and UA is being swept under the carpet, EVEN more so than it has already, damn you X-men (you're all petty jealous jerks!), and damn you x-office OR maybe it is a literal Rogue from the past!

Great artist, Cool

Fun writer, Cool

Magic and stuff, Cool

It is the book that is the most interesting out of the reveals, Cool

That X-men line up is making be side-eye viciously, psst Hickman, the X-Men are not about Dynasties, ya muppet, they're about disparate, isolated, hated and feared people forming a family.

Anyways, hopefully Rogue will be given an interesting plot in Excalibur, I'm feelin' optimistic, with a dash of wtf.
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 07-21-2019 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post

Curiouser and Curiouser!

I'm game, bring it on. Come at me bur! Lets see what ya got.

First thoughts;

Admittedly was a wtf

Is that Pixie, OMG, tidy! ah no It's Psylocke - I'm not convinced on the design, may take a bit of getting used too.

sbo will be happy, - but, I'm kinda shocked that they haven't altered the look at all, got me a bit annoyed that all of Legacy and UA is being swept under the carpet, EVEN more so than it has already, damn you X-men (you're all petty jealous jerks!), and damn you x-office OR maybe it is a literal Rogue from the past!

Great artist, Cool

Fun writer, Cool

Magic and stuff, Cool

It is the book that is the most interesting out of the reveals, Cool

That X-men line up is making be side-eye viciously, psst Hickman, the X-Men are not about Dynasties, ya muppet, they're about disparate, isolated, hated and feared people forming a family.

Anyways, hopefully Rogue will be given an interesting plot in Excalibur, I'm feelin' optimistic, with a dash of wtf.
    Well All Right! Ask and ye shall receive (Eventually).

Rogue back in her best threads, with a return to her classic uniform from the 90s!

Yes I'm definitely happy about this.

I'm just hoping they don't forget the upgrades to Rogue's absorption powers and strength, that was a nice bit of development she's had in UA and Mr&Mrs X.

Yeah, I love that she is back in her 90s costume. It's easily her best look. I'm looking forward to her interactions with CB(Betsy), Jubilee, and of course Gambit.
    Last edited by thjan; 07-22-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

The 90s costume was definitely a nice surprise. I'm excited to see how Rogue is incorporated into the story. Has she dealt with magic much in any stories?
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    The 90s costume was definitely a nice surprise. I'm excited to see how Rogue is incorporated into the story. Has she dealt with magic much in any stories?

The only instance I can think of is appropriately enough in Exalibur.

The trolls (who I'd love to see again) were able to bind Rogue with some unbreakable magical chains.

I can't remember how they subdued her and the rest of the team in the first place, and if it was magical or just some good ole fashioned head trauma.

Excalibur #58 - cover.jpg
    Last edited by sbo; 07-22-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Not a fan of this costume returning, to be honest. Would have preferred something completely new or, if we she had to wear something old, this one:

There was that time Rogue absorbed the power of the Adversary during the Fall of the Mutants. And does her trip in the Seige Perious count?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Not a fan of this costume returning, to be honest. Would have preferred something completely new or, if we she had to wear something old, this one:

I don't like the yellow in her 90s outfit, but the jacket is on point. Put a jacket on the green tee/black bodysuit and *chef's kiss*.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    I don't like the yellow in her 90s outfit, but the jacket is on point. Put a jacket on the green tee/black bodysuit and *chef's kiss*.
    Good eye! Very fashionable!

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Sounds like To is working on a new costume for Rogue

https://twitter.com/marcusto/status/1153728247902998528
    Make Good Art

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Sounds like To is working on a new costume for Rogue

https://twitter.com/marcusto/status/1153728247902998528
    God I hope so. I echo the sentiment on the yellow.

I may be brazilian, but Rogue shouldnt have to look like it. lol

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I may in the minority here but...looking back on that era, I strongly dislike many of Jim Lee's costumes of the 90's X-Men.
    And they just don't work for/in this time period...at least not for me.
    So I truly hope we see Rogue wearing a new design.