Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Uuugggghhh also WRITERS or EDITORIAL staff can we PLEASE move the X-Men AWAY from the 90's wear?! I'm so over it. Again lets try some tasteful new bad ass outfits.

P.S I love Rogue w/a Hoodie

Thank the HEAVENS for small mercies, I say, just read Uncanny #16 and it was provokingly AWFUL, words fail me

Thank goodness Rogue is nowhere near it, man, it has nosed dived and gone belly up! What a stinker!

It's left me quite aggravated!

I thought Havok was getting a raw deal, but they ALL are, yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    bc Kelly Thompson has her in a chokehold unable to join any team at all... Also, honeymoon.
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Kelly must like the Motor City Madman!
    Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQowAJAZgoU
    TUNE! bro

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Uuugggghhh also WRITERS or EDITORIAL staff can we PLEASE move the X-Men AWAY from the 90's wear?! I'm so over it. Again lets try some tasteful new bad ass outfits.

P.S I love Rogue w/a Hoodie
    Yeah, I like her in a hoodie, or to at least have the option of a hoodie, a jacket with a hoodie is perfect

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Thing is, as far as absorbing from a distance, we still don't know how it has completed its development. As Xantra said Rogue's powers have Evolved . That implies to me that her power has developed into something better, something superior. (Aircraft have evolved, Auto's have evolved. Even telephones have evolved. I remember back when I entered Kindergarten in the fall of 1970, my Grandmother had a rotary phone wired right into the wall. We don't even know how absorbing Carol will effect Rogue's power. Someone over at the Rogue and Gambit site said Rogue always has problems when she absorbs ALIENS. Well...in the life of Captain Marvel, it was revealed her mother was a pureblood Kree. So, Carol, is a half breed like Xantra is.
    This was funny, kudos Sir

BANNED

Someone get me on the up and up on why rogue struggles to control her powers (and also your own thoughts on which explanation you prefer in terms of the character).

In legacy the explanation was that all the psyches shes absorbed over the years sort of have hampered her mental control over the powers keeping it somewhat immature.

KT's new arc has a more human/relevant element to it where rogue's got issues with fear or lack of control, and since her skin protects her it's just going into overdrive and maybe there's underlying elements of trying to push people away from self-loathing.

The latter explanation is good for character building, but I feel bringing this explanation this late into the game is sort of an issue because rogue has had so much experience so far and it feels like undoing some character development, but the former just robs the character of agency since over time rogue wll keep getting new personalities which would hamper her powers developing or maturing.

What you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Someone get me on the up and up on why rogue struggles to control her powers (and also your own thoughts on which explanation you prefer in terms of the character).

In legacy the explanation was that all the psyches shes absorbed over the years sort of have hampered her mental control over the powers keeping it somewhat immature.

KT's new arc has a more human/relevant element to it where rogue's got issues with fear or lack of control, and since her skin protects her it's just going into overdrive and maybe there's underlying elements of trying to push people away from self-loathing.

The latter explanation is good for character building, but I feel bringing this explanation this late into the game is sort of an issue because rogue has had so much experience so far and it feels like undoing some character development, but the former just robs the character of agency since over time rogue wll keep getting new personalities which would hamper her powers developing or maturing.

What you think?
    I'll take a swing at it

I accepted the legacy explanation as you've summarized it, the absorptions were creating 'compartments' within her mind 'compartmentalizing' being a psychological defense mechanism theory https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...n_(psychology) and I kinda moved on from the power control stuff.

KTs fear induced self sabotage plot has its merits in psychology and theologies too and isn't really any different from the compartmentalizing theory. KT has written it well enough as to explain it with very valid canon examples of times that a fear within her would be totally human. Hopefully things will move on now (well after the next issue of MMX when we should get some clarity on whats happening with her powers and control - Rogues had the epiphany in MMX#9 now we will see how she utilizes it)

I liked the aspect of Rogues skin being a defense mechanism, it brings in ideas that all is well and things are how they should be, it's just our thoughts and worries can trip us up and stop us seeing that all is well and how it should be and a bit I know what i'm trying to say but it's kinda complicated for me to explain

I personally would of liked maybe an earlier memory from Rogue to do with a fear stemming from losing her parents so young, or even a lament on that she might feel guilty at not appreciating them at the time, or even a anger at them for dabbling in things that took them away from her - but these can be tales for another day!
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 04-18-2019 at 07:44 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    I'll take a swing at it

I accepted the legacy explanation as you've summarized it, the absorptions were creating 'compartments' within her mind 'compartmentalizing' being a psychological defense mechanism theory https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...n_(psychology) and I kinda moved on from the power control stuff.

KTs fear induced self sabotage plot has its merits in psychology and theologies too and isn't really any different from the compartmentalizing theory. KT has written it well enough as to explain it with very valid canon examples of times that a fear within her would be totally human. Hopefully things will move on now (well after the next issue of MMX when we should get some clarity on whats happening with her powers and control - Rogues had the epiphany in MMX#9 now we will see how she utilizes it)

I liked the aspect of Rogues skin being a defense mechanism, it brings in ideas that all is well and things are how they should be, it's just our thoughts and worries can trip us up and stop us seeing that all is well and how it should be and a bit I know what i'm trying to say but it's kinda complicated for me to explain

I personally would of liked maybe an earlier memory from Rogue to do with a fear stemming from losing her parents so young, or even a lament on that she might feel guilty at not appreciating them at the time, or even a anger at them for dabbling in things that took them away from her - but these can be tales for another day!
    The latter point you bring up was my main issue. All her life we've seen her wanting to feel touch, it would've served well to reference or maybe a retcon a memory or maybe reframe one. Like emotional reactions aren't necessarily logical and can be pathological, so if she hurt, say, cody robbins with her power, she'd want no one to get hurt, so they'd be on all the time in a way trying to keep others away as a warning. The fear could be reframed not as a self defense mechanism, but a "I don't want to hurt anyone else" reaction

I honestly don't think the legacy issue was talking compartmentalization, more fragmentation of her mind through science mumbo, but the former would be a good way to integrate it into a defense mechanism (at least you've given it more thought than the writer back then). As in if she compartmentalized both her contradictory desire to be able to touch and also to keep people away (perhaps to keep others and herself safe).

I feel like one shouldn't necessarily move away from power control issues, because they give inisight into how rogue ticks (but it isn't necessarily the power control itself)
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 04-18-2019 at 08:18 AM.

Rogue Fan since the 80's Sandman813's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    But what about the absorbing from distance, What do you think of that?

As for the marriage, it's hard to know how invested we should be in it, when even the editor keeps belittling it, well belittling Gambits capacity for fidelity

It's a weird place to be as a fan. The marriage kinda puts them both in the cross hairs of melodramatic writers, which raises the stakes in an exciting way but also makes me a bit cautious as to how much time/money/enthusiasm to spend on Marvel. Without Rogue I'm out, and I don't want a widowed Rogue either.

These two characters, Rogue and Gambit were not introduced to us as a couple therefore they should not be tied together all the time even after marriage, but we've yet to see the couple written by anyone else, or even any enthusiasm for the pairing from anyone else at Marvel, quite the opposite on JDWs part. He seems to be trying to sabotage them and the book, when he was the one who initially just wanted to stop the marriage of Kitty and Colossus, I just don't get that dude, at all!
    AS for the powers I think that they will be sorted out they always do when her powers go crazy.

The marriage is something to be concerned about because only one marvel marriage has ever lasted that of Reed and Sue Richards.the marriage of Peter Parker and Mary Jane gotten rid of and the marriage of Storm and Black panther was in the making for years but didn't last all that long. Even Kitty and Peter was teased for decades but literaly at the last second fell through.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    Question... If Rogue isn't in any of the Age of X theeeeennnn Why hasn't she appeared in Uncanny w/Cyke and the rest of the mutants left in this timeline?
    Rogue has suffered from this on my many events where you'd think she should be there but she just isn't used.

And now it seems that Mr and Mrs X might have been canceled. https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...solicitations/

One question I would like ask is why has every major X-man character except Rogue seems to have time traveled into the past.And either met Prof.X or had an interaction that might have changed a previous X-men story from X history to some degree?
    Last edited by Sandman813; 04-18-2019 at 03:03 PM.
    KRAKOA MUST FALL

Preview for MMX #10:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-and-mrs-x-10/

X-Men Black: Mojo has proven important, so read that if you can.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman813 View Post
    AS for the powers I think that they will be sorted out they always do when her powers go crazy.

The marriage is something to be concerned about because only one marvel marriage has ever lasted that of Reed and Sue Richards.the marriage of Peter Parker and Mary Jane gotten rid of and the marriage of Storm and Black panther was in the making for years but didn't last all that long. Even Kitty and Peter was teased for decades but literaly at the last second fell through.

Rogue has suffered from this on my many events where you'd think she should be there but she just isn't used.

And now it seems that Mr and Mrs X might have been canceled. https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/04...solicitations/

One question I would like ask is why has every major X-man character except Rogue seems to have time traveled into the past.And either met Prof.X or had an interaction that might have changed a previous X-men story from X history to some degree?
    I wondered this myself, Interesting

I for one is liking what KT did w/Rogue's powers. (Thats all I like really )

Yep, that's kind of why I'm not so enthusiastic maybe, feels like another round on the carousel again and again and again

True dat! It's high time for a Rogue event, the character has generated more than enough finance for Marvel to deserve and warrant an event.

I definitely have noticed and appreciated that Rogue has been given some great POVs or stances in many recent events, POVs that should really of been given more panel time, for example;

IvX = She the only one to call out and possibly suspects that all is not well with Emma
    AvX = She leads the co-operative resolution between the two teams
    Second Coming = Losing Nightcrawler in that FREAKING EPIC fight with Bastion (a fave scene of mine)

over on the Avengers events

Standoff = Is the FIRST to break out of Kobiks illusion (great feat by her)
    No Surrender = Taking out Corvus Glaive (a villain I really like, loved that brawl)
    Secret Empire = She was one of the first (if not first) to stand up to Stevil
    Axis = Was right there at the beginning, witnessed Magneto taking out Red Skull
    UA = taking on the Celestial (even being made aware of the Celestials should be a shocking revelation for a Marvel character to see)

She's done well, but yes, She hasn't had that stand out, spotlight on her event. Hope Summers has, Selene has, Kobik has. It's time to give Rogue something BIG n EPIC

Hmmm yeah, the only time shenanigans I can think of concerning Rogue was when Cable time traveled to save her from a group of bullies or a hate mob (I forget the details)

What time period would y'all like to see Rogue thrown back into?

and because I'm a simple man and like pics

Rogue Fan since the 80's Sandman813's Avatar

I found an article about that. https://www.cbr.com/cable-rogue-past-connection/
    KRAKOA MUST FALL

Ah ha, that's it, Thanks

The best X-Force lineup that never was! (yet! )
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 04-21-2019 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Preview for MMX #10:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-and-mrs-x-10/

X-Men Black: Mojo has proven important, so read that if you can.

Oscar Bazalduas art has been a repeat of the Daniel Acuna art in UA Vol 1 for me, I really like his art but just not his Rogue, which is unfortunate!

I could see Daniel Acunas annoyance at Rogues Cassaday redesign in his pages

I like Oscar more than Acuna, but just barely. He can't seem to draw a decent female face.