Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    My thoughts EXACTLY!
    It was baffling me that everyone was getting a new lokm but her. I am happy to see the hood go, but not that happy.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Was Rogue able to manipulate the powers of all the latent mutants across the globe that existed post-M-Day by activating their X-genes? You keep focusing on mimicry but thats not what Hope is listed as an omega for. Mimicry is her primary power, but she has more than that. As a baby she healed Rogue from the Strain 88 virus and reset her powers and psyche. Her birth released a massive amount of psionic energy that destroyed Cerebro. She can jump start mutant powers and stabilize them, which we saw her do in Generation Hope. It was theorized that she could subconciously enhance other mutant's powers in one of her earlier appearances coming back to present day. She lacks skill and experience but she's been portrayed as extremely powerful since her very first appearance. Even with her mimcry, she was able to mimic every mutant on Utopia simultaneously and defeat Bastion and destroy his impenetrable dome that even the FF, Avengers and Dr. Strange couldnt breach.

As an omega, she has unmeasurable potential. She hasnt had much character development since Generation Hope so there is still alot about her abilities that is unknown. Most writers tend to focus on guns in terms of how she is utilized for combat and is rarely put in situations where she would need to test the limits of her powers. Again thats bc she's largely been MIA for years post AvX, but only now becoming relevant again
    She had a connection to the Phoenix when she destroyed that dome. Once her connection to the Phoenix was gone, she was a lot weaker.

Jean easily beat her down. And if not for the timely arrival of the XMen from AoXM, Hope would have been killed by basic sentinels. Not to mention she had to run from Magik in Darkchilde form.

Oh, potential? Any character in Marvel had the potential to pick up the Infinity gems and remake the universe with a thought. Doesn´t mean it will happen for most characters, and even for the characters it happened for, it did not last.

Hope can use a gun but she´s not the most skilled person in combat and she is far from the most powerful or deadly mutant. Jean without effort more or less spanked Hope.

And Hope, as her powers function, could never take down A list Avengers like Captain Marvel or Thor.Even if she could copy that non mutant powers, it doesn´t knock them out and Hope in no way shape or form has the physical fighting skills to throw down with Captain Marvel or Thor. Rogue, on the other hand, already has. Rogue is great at fighting.

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

WIP of a alternate universe of Rogue who is a guy and from a Earth set in the 60s. The illustration is part of a series using Tarot card symbols to hint at plot for the fanfiction I am writing. Link to pic https://i.imgur.com/imtfzx1.jpg
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

https://66.media.tumblr.com/317feb89...ca17053222.jpg

Maybe Rogue will show up in powers of X, but I'm assuming this is just a cover to tease us.

Land isn't my favorite artist, but at least she's in her awesome 90's outfit front and center on the cover. And glad she's back in this outfit for Excalibur.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/317feb89...ca17053222.jpg

Maybe Rogue will show up in powers of X, but I'm assuming this is just a cover to tease us.

Land isn't my favorite artist, but at least she's in her awesome 90's outfit front and center on the cover. And glad she's back in this outfit for Excalibur.
    Its just a variant and alot of characters have gotten those. I dont think that ups Rogue's chances.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Hi. I just want to show that I dressed as my favorite superhero, my favorite costume this weekend. I had so much fun as Rogue, who I find myself very akin to, and people wanted to be touched!

(I bleached my hair for the first time which was hard, and the costume found me. The pants I saw at Target a year ago and I had to buy.
    The sweater showed up this year on my Ebay suggestions?!? I bought a strip for the middle of it.)
    Untitled1.jpg

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graphicisnovel View Post
    Hi. I just want to show that I dressed as my favorite superhero, my favorite costume this weekend. I had so much fun as Rogue, who I find myself very akin to, and people wanted to be touched!

(I bleached my hair for the first time which was hard, and the costume found me. The pants I saw at Target a year ago and I had to buy.
    The sweater showed up this year on my Ebay suggestions?!? I bought a strip for the middle of it.)
    Untitled1.jpg
    Very nice work!
    Make Good Art

Untitled1.jpg
    I love it.

CNN Anderson's Cooper compares Trump to Rogue from X-Men because anything he touches dies.

https://rebelroguesoulkiller.wordpre...rong447427408/

On Thursday, during an interview with comedian Stephen Colbert, CNN anchor Anderson Cooper invoked an obscure “X-Men” reference to characterize the destructive tendencies of President Donald Trump — and the way he politically poisons anyone who comes into contact with him.

“The pace of it, I think about the people who work in the White House,” said Cooper. “I think President Trump — you know, Dorothy Parker said those born to the storm find the calm very boring. I don’t know why he was born to the storm but that chaos—”

“Oh, he creates his own storm,” said Colbert. “He takes a big bucket of seawater, throws it in his own face and says, ‘I’m a sea captain.’ We’re going to ride it out, boys. Throw another bucket.”

“I always think about everybody around him just how exhausting it must be to be in that orbit. I mean—”

“Like every person who leaves goes, God, it’s crazy in there,” agreed Colbert.

“Rick Wilson, a Republican strategist who we have on the show, wrote a book called Everything Trump Touches Dies,” said Cooper. “And I think, I think that’s a really interesting title. It sort of reminds me of, like, Rogue in ‘X-Men.’ Everything she touches, she sucks the life’s blood out of you and kills you. Do you ever worry about it?”

Colbert seemed a bit thrown off by the analogy.

“Well, the thing is it is not just the people she kissed who die. It is people who go against her,” continued Cooper. “And there are real people who have already destroyed themselves because they have so gone after Trump that they themselves, it blows back up. They’ve gone down to his level.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/cnn...-touches-dies/

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She had a connection to the Phoenix when she destroyed that dome. Once her connection to the Phoenix was gone, she was a lot weaker.

Jean easily beat her down. And if not for the timely arrival of the XMen from AoXM, Hope would have been killed by basic sentinels. Not to mention she had to run from Magik in Darkchilde form.

Oh, potential? Any character in Marvel had the potential to pick up the Infinity gems and remake the universe with a thought. Doesn´t mean it will happen for most characters, and even for the characters it happened for, it did not last.

Hope can use a gun but she´s not the most skilled person in combat and she is far from the most powerful or deadly mutant. Jean without effort more or less spanked Hope.

And Hope, as her powers function, could never take down A list Avengers like Captain Marvel or Thor.Even if she could copy that non mutant powers, it doesn´t knock them out and Hope in no way shape or form has the physical fighting skills to throw down with Captain Marvel or Thor. Rogue, on the other hand, already has. Rogue is great at fighting.
    Well said, Nuff said, U go dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    WIP of a alternate universe of Rogue who is a guy and from a Earth set in the 60s. The illustration is part of a series using Tarot card symbols to hint at plot for the fanfiction I am writing. Link to pic https://i.imgur.com/imtfzx1.jpg
    Oof, that image took me on a journey, not the happiest of journeys for Vagabond Rogue, but a journey none the less. Well done.

Interestingly I found a podcast with Tini Howard where she talks about her interest in and uses Tarot. I'm wondering whether she plays with the story of the fool and so on to theme Excalibur around Tarot. I'm not sure what card/cards I'd associate with Rogue and the others, yet. I'm gonna ponder it.

Untitled1.jpg
    Cool, glad ya had fun. Rogue hangin' out with the 'one and only' 'original?' 'first?' 'bestest' Captain Marvel, ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    CNN Anderson's Cooper compares Trump to Rogue from X-Men because anything he touches dies.

https://rebelroguesoulkiller.wordpre...rong447427408/

On Thursday, during an interview with comedian Stephen Colbert, CNN anchor Anderson Cooper invoked an obscure “X-Men” reference to characterize the destructive tendencies of President Donald Trump — and the way he politically poisons anyone who comes into contact with him.

“The pace of it, I think about the people who work in the White House,” said Cooper. “I think President Trump — you know, Dorothy Parker said those born to the storm find the calm very boring. I don’t know why he was born to the storm but that chaos—”

“Oh, he creates his own storm,” said Colbert. “He takes a big bucket of seawater, throws it in his own face and says, ‘I’m a sea captain.’ We’re going to ride it out, boys. Throw another bucket.”

“I always think about everybody around him just how exhausting it must be to be in that orbit. I mean—”

“Like every person who leaves goes, God, it’s crazy in there,” agreed Colbert.

“Rick Wilson, a Republican strategist who we have on the show, wrote a book called Everything Trump Touches Dies,” said Cooper. “And I think, I think that’s a really interesting title. It sort of reminds me of, like, Rogue in ‘X-Men.’ Everything she touches, she sucks the life’s blood out of you and kills you. Do you ever worry about it?”

Colbert seemed a bit thrown off by the analogy.

“Well, the thing is it is not just the people she kissed who die. It is people who go against her,” continued Cooper. “And there are real people who have already destroyed themselves because they have so gone after Trump that they themselves, it blows back up. They’ve gone down to his level.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/cnn...-touches-dies/
    *Snort of derision*

Haven't got the time to pick at this and tear it asunder right now, but I'm kinda, sorta, glad of Rogue getting some 'promotion', so to speak, errmmm

But anyways I got a lil time to say...

Hey look, it ain't Rogues fault that no other evolutionary luddite has evolved her mutation. If everyone had her mutation then it would be the end of death and slaughter for nutrient consumption. Some people could feast all they want, while others hold hands across the globe to transfer the energy consumed from the feasting, just as one positive, less pitying/patronizing take on her POWAH!

We've had the negative viewpoint of Rogues mutation for years, it's time for a swing towards a positive consideration of her mutation.

Oh, and how very dare anyone ........ arrgh gotta go........laters

Rogue has NEVER killed anyone with her mutation in its original form. The only time Rogue had the "Death Touch" was when she was affected by Strain 88 and that was purged by baby Hope. Mr.Cooper should do some research before he opens his big mouth. ( No wonder CNN's ratings are in the CRAPPER! )

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Rogue has NEVER killed anyone with her mutation in its original form. The only time Rogue had the "Death Touch" was when she was affected by Strain 88 and that was purged by baby Hope. Mr.Cooper should do some research before he opens his big mouth. ( No wonder CNN's ratings are in the CRAPPER! )
    We can interpret what Cooper said with a more open mind, Cooper is a liberal so ofcourse , He thinks trump is bad and if he using rogue to describe Trump, Rogue's powers can only do bad things. The Funny thing is Rogue is more likely to be a conservative Republican as she is from the deep south of Mississippi. Rogue may be more more conservative since for most of her life she learned to live with her powers and use it to help people, instead of trying to change herself to a complete different person.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    We can interpret what Cooper said with a more open mind, Cooper is a liberal so ofcourse , He thinks trump is bad and if he using rogue to describe Trump, Rogue's powers can only do bad things. The Funny thing is Rogue is more likely to be a conservative Republican as she is from the deep south of Mississippi. Rogue may be more more conservative since for most of her life she learned to live with her powers and use it to help people, instead of trying to change herself to a complete different person.
    Rogue has two moms; the last thing she is, is a conservative Republican.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Rogue has two moms; the last thing she is, is a conservative Republican.
    She’s also a reformed criminal turned hero. As is her husband and people she worked with like the Scarlet Witch. So she definitely is not a conservative Republican. Not all Southerners are conservative, even if the majority of the voting public are.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She’s also a reformed criminal turned hero. As is her husband and people she worked with like the Scarlet Witch. So she definitely is not a conservative Republican. Not all Southerners are conservative, even if the majority of the voting public are.
    Plus she literally stepped on Captain Bigot America to let her team continue with finding the cure for the Terrigen Mist killing her people while everyone else sits idly by. Yeah, she’s definitely not a Republican.