Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    Rogue absorbs vital energy and other things are several mixed powers, which with control it is seen that they were broken down.

Absorbing at a distance by an aura of energy is nothing new is a progression, and this showed Claremont shortly before Xtreme.

Kelly is a very competent writer.

If it was KT intention to reference/resurrect Claremonts idea then why did Rogue react in the way she did. She would of said to Xandra that she'd experienced something similar in her past.

This plot point might very well lead to Rogue as always not wanting to 'evolve', that's why she has always struggled with control. Her fear of this ability has always held her back.

Yes it's a very emotive story beat, but at a cost. We might be being expected to accept that the strong sassy brawler has always been ashamed/fearful/closeted of her 'true self'.

That is way to close to the movie version of Rogue for my liking, and it enfeebles the Rogue we have known.

On the distance absorption, and why I think it never caught on.

It makes her a hassle to write within these teams. Each individual should have their moments to contribute what they bring to the team. Rogue would need to be given other characters feats/moments. The flying brick, touch absorption gives her autonomy, both in power and psyche influence.

Ironically it kinds of weakens her. Her effectiveness is dependent on the team she is with and a possibly even weakening her allies by absorbing their energy (oh ****) ahh! I'm working myself up about it, over thinkin'.

Just out of curiosity, do you omegarogue want Rogue to have some sort of super saiyan mode? to be some sort of all powerful almost omnipotent character?
    Because while I love your enthusiasm for the character, I do question your consideration of all the other X-men she's with.

An all powerful Rogue could work as a cosmic character or have an event surround her, Fun to see absolutely, but I don't think it's sustainable.
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 02-08-2019 at 07:40 AM. Reason: added ?

I believe this stage of Rogue's evolving power is not complete. I would call it the "Ugly Ducking" stage. I'm sure most of you are familiar with the fairy tale of the Ugly Ducking. Rogue, I believe, will need some sort of catalyst to cause the evolution to complete. I also feel was caused her to lose control back in U/A vol 1 #22-23 and what is causing the evolution of her power to complete itself to it's mature form are tied together. I believe events from Rogue's past with Carol are both the lock and key to Rogue's power control problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I believe this stage of Rogue's evolving power is not complete. I would call it the "Ugly Ducking" stage. I'm sure most of you are familiar with the fairy tale of the Ugly Ducking. Rogue, I believe, will need some sort of catalyst to cause the evolution to complete. I also feel was caused her to lose control back in U/A vol 1 #22-23 and what is causing the evolution of her power to complete itself to it's mature form are tied together. I believe events from Rogue's past with Carol are both the lock and key to Rogue's power control problem.
    So what do you think her swan powers will be?

Yikes, I just had a thought!

What if Rogue has a go with Eye-boys and Cyclops' powers together!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Maybe Rogue's "reach" will extend.

She started off requiring skin contact. Maybe the natural progression for her is proximity related? Kind of like Hope Summers. Eventually just being in the immediate area of other mutants will be enough to siphon from? And maybe her end game is more long term retention? Like, pulling up "files" from her motherboard.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Yikes, I just had a thought!

What if Rogue has a go with Eye-boys and Cyclops' powers together!
    Oh man, that's a fun game to play haha what other power combinations could Rogue absorb that would be potentially disastrous?
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Oh man, that's a fun game to play haha what other power combinations could Rogue absorb that would be potentially disastrous?
    Hydro-man and Electro are the first that come to mind.

I was giving this some thought. I was thinking...what if Rogue ends up being able to absorb the ambient energy of the living things around her to give her enhancement? Not just people, but animals, plants and perhaps even the earth itself? (Carol absorbs ambient energy to fuel her power. It a variation on a theme.) More than a year ago Zeb implied that the Ionic inhancement was somehow interfering with Rogue's mutant power. What if when Rogue appears in Capt Marvel, Carol ends up draining Rogue of the Ionic enhancement? Allowing the evolution of Rogue's power to complete itself. I'm sure Miss Thompson has read Avengers Annual #10, how Carol lost her power and then UXM #163-164, how Carol, in space, was subjected to "evolutionary modifacation" and was turned into Binary. Maybe this inspired her.

what if Rogue ends up being able to absorb the ambient energy of the living things around her to give her enhancement? Not just people, but animals, plants and perhaps even the earth itself?
    hmmm interesting, that could work. Enhancing speed, strength and durability maybe. Unique enough skill/power set among the x-females, only duplicated by Colossus and Warpath among the men. Takes the negative of theft of powers from her character. Keeps her same brawler role in adventures.

What if when Rogue appears in Capt Marvel, Carol ends up draining Rogue of the Ionic enhancement? Allowing the evolution of Rogue's power to complete itself.
    hmmm, hold up, my noggin' is joggin'. I can see and understand that Miss Thompson might want to even the score between the two ladies among the 'general public'/noobs/unenlightened/misinformed (pick one) so maybe yeah, Rogue is looking at a defeat in the fight but gains her natural additive free mutation. Carol looks heroic, Rogue gets her comeuppance (to the misinformed and new cap movie fans) the score is settled.
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 02-09-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Madrox and Boom Boom for infinite Boom Booms!

All Madrox combos would be devastating really,

Northstar and Mercury and Dazzler and Banshee combos could punch holes through Galactus, Mwah ha ha ha

Gambits would amplify Magmas for various effects - stopping and creating pyroclastic flows possibly

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I was giving this some thought. I was thinking...what if Rogue ends up being able to absorb the ambient energy of the living things around her to give her enhancement? Not just people, but animals, plants and perhaps even the earth itself? (Carol absorbs ambient energy to fuel her power. It a variation on a theme.) More than a year ago Zeb implied that the Ionic inhancement was somehow interfering with Rogue's mutant power. What if when Rogue appears in Capt Marvel, Carol ends up draining Rogue of the Ionic enhancement? Allowing the evolution of Rogue's power to complete itself. I'm sure Miss Thompson has read Avengers Annual #10, how Carol lost her power and then UXM #163-164, how Carol, in space, was subjected to "evolutionary modifacation" and was turned into Binary. Maybe this inspired her.
    If she lost the ionic enhancement, she'd lose her flight and super strength powers. Absorbing Simon is what caused her to regain the powers she originally absorbed from Carol, since those two abilities happen to be powers Simon and Carol have in common.

Also, it's Zub, not Zeb.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

art by Leandro Matos

Nice art by Matos, but I still hate that uniform.

I love all this power talk. But I did have another off-topic question. If Rogue was in AoXM, what role do you think she'd have? What team/book do you think she would have ended up on?
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella