Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post

Yeah, but I'm outright saying the Omega categories offered so far are limited Teleportation absolutely should be recognized, it's 'life as we know it' enriching/advancing/progressive and in the wrong organisms hands could be just as catastrophic as reality warping or power manipulation.

And another thing, a lot of those listed Omega categories have obvious limitations, as they are limited by matter or the presence of other beings (for telepathy and power manipulations)
    Teleportation is limited by time and space. The distance and time a person can teleport in one jump is a measurable limitation. There really hasnt been any mutant to my knowledge that has shown to have unlimited potential here.

Telepathy doesnt have the limitation of needing the presence of other beings. Being able to enter the astral plane is a telepathic power and you dont need another being in order to do so. Psi-weapons and illusions also dont require another being

Well...there is one aspect none of you have touched on as of yet. Rogue still hasn't tapped into the full potential of her Ionic enhancement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelNovasun View Post

https://twitter.com/GlebMelnikov8/st...38809025032192

Another take on Rogue with the jacket. Other than the boots and short hair, I like it.
    Aside from the anime boots, this is to die for. For me it's Rogonball <3

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Teleportation is limited by time and space. The distance and time a person can teleport in one jump is a measurable limitation. There really hasnt been any mutant to my knowledge that has shown to have unlimited potential here.

Telepathy doesnt have the limitation of needing the presence of other beings. Being able to enter the astral plane is a telepathic power and you dont need another being in order to do so. Psi-weapons and illusions also dont require another being
    But, but humans can reach the astral plane and time and space limit everything within dimensions not just teleportation, only Jamie and Franklin are beyond those limitations, I think .

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Well...there is one aspect none of you have touched on as of yet. Rogue still hasn't tapped into the full potential of her Ionic enhancement.
    Oof that's a whole new can of worms.

I'm convinced Rogues true and only limitation is the regional discrimination and prejudices of some writers and readers towards a southern accented country girl. Claremont, Carey, Cage, Duggan, Thompson and even Remender (eventually) pushed for her potentials, Gawd bless 'em. Once writers begin to focus on her potentials they begin to notice her scope, but by then they've already added another layer that just gets added to the backlog of definitions and clarifications that we've been waiting for.

But I suppose it's part of her charm, never knowing what she's capable of, and having others underestimate her, and then POW! Sugah!, right in the kisser!

But, but humans can reach the astral plane and time and space limit everything within dimensions not just teleportation, only Jamie and Franklin are beyond those limitations, I think .
    Human can reach the astral plane if they have telepathy, magic or a plot device tech. That has nothing to do with the point I was making. A telepath doesnt need another person to use their powers on in order to use that power so that in and of itself isnt a limitation. Jean and Quentin can be hermits on a planet of 1 and would still be considered omegas bc they still have that raw power potential, even if they never encounter anyone to use it on

As far as the time and space thing, I'll use Magik as an example. We know she can teleport through time but I dont think thats ever been measured. Can she travel back 1000 years? Beginning of time? Can she do it in one jump or multiple? In the past, she was limited by needing to go to Limbo first before completing a teleportation jump and thats only been referenced in Bendis' run so she may or may not still have that

I'm convinced Rogues true and only limitation is the regional discrimination and prejudices of some writers and readers towards a southern accented country girl. Claremont, Carey, Cage, Duggan, Thompson and even Remender (eventually) pushed for her potentials, Gawd bless 'em. Once writers begin to focus on her potentials they begin to notice her scope, but by then they've already added another layer that just gets added to the backlog of definitions and clarifications that we've been waiting for.
    I really dont think Rogue faces discrimination from creators bc she is a Southern country girl with an accdent

The discrimination remark was 'tongue in cheek', mostly, with a hint of truth.
    We all do it, we all think we want archetypes and stereotypes, we find stability in thinking we know all there is to know about characters, people, regions, we simplify things, it's not a necessarily a 'bad' thing to do, but is limiting.

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree on the telepathy vs teleportation limiting factors, as I've always seen telepathy as being time and space limited, I can only think of Rachel/Revenant during Age of X and DOFP as an example of a telepath spanning time and space, mutant telepaths don't get depicted as being able to communicate with alien beings across the solar system, galaxies or universe, it's always only ever localized within earth or vicinity of minds, and Telepathy really does need another mind/conscience to be of any use to the character/species.

It's those words 'potential' and 'undefinable upper limits' that trigger me, in regards to Rogues dominant power, her 'potential' is astronomic and therefore when they chose to put Power Manipulation as an Omega category, then absolutely Rogue should of been there before Hope.

[redacted rant tearing chunks out of Hopes stories, uniqueness of character design and success as a character] it ain't her fault.

Consider Rogue like Jean was considered in the explanation of omegas in Hox;

Jean has Telepathy and Telekinesis, but Omega as a Telepath
    Rogue has Absorption (transfer of energy - albeit one way) and Power Manipulation (through her own DNA mutating and mimicing)

Jeans dominant power was telekinesis, telepathy came later for her through retcons and stories, which means subsequent canon/stories have been acknowledged for Jean to be deemed the omega Telepath. Why no such acknowledgement of Rogues subsequent canon/stories.

Rogues absorption is the aspect of her mutation that she has had trouble with, but power manipulation is something that hasn't troubled her, apart from the usual getting to grips with a new power. She has the 'potential' to do anything that the mutated dna that she is mimicking can do.

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

ew someone in Excalibur thread found previews, Rogue has hideous bangs. Like in Golgotha story. Bad memories lol dont like that look for her at all

I see there is varying opinions on Rogue going back to her 90s look. I'm all for it. But if she does get a drastic re-design, what should her colors be:

1.) green and white

2.) green and black (late 80s colors)

3.) green and yellow (90s look)

4.) light and dark green (original color scheme

I vote of green and black or yellow and green (even though I think that's Jean's colors again.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Green and Black.
    I loved the Coipel design (posted above) which was a sleek modern variation of her tunic and tights and original looks.
    I would keep it strictly Green and Black. Green tunic with black detailing. Black tights and gloves. Green boots with black detailing.(and because she's now in Excalibur, removing/replacing the X-insignia).

Green and black is her best color scheme

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I would go with Green and Black, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Green and black is her best color scheme

Yes, exactly what I was thinking too
    Make Good Art

Absolutely, You brilliant being you, you get it.

Look, it ain't about fanboy gonna fanboy (me) it's rational reason, honest

I'm coming at this whole franchise through evolutionary mutations, it's always been the thing that caught my attention towards the X-Men and Marvel.

Any organism would find Rogues mutation to be crazy useful. She ultimately can sustain her life by absorption, she doesn't have to kill another being, she's gone through the worry and fear that she would and could, but she has now evolved (mentally and in aptitude) to be able to harness her mutation. (and this aint a recent development either, she's been able for years now)

When Hickman was announced, and that a new seminal X-Men moment was on the horizon, that would focus on powers and mutations I was bouncing off the walls with excitement, thinking that if he was a thorough and smart as people laud him to be then this would be where Rogues mutation got some spotlight shone on how freaking nuts it is.

That Hope **** is just a downright pile of steaming crap, She ain't the messiah, just a very naughty girl! I've been following Hopes story, because her and Rogue were close in the beginning, her only feat of note was the Scarlet Witch mimic in AVsX. But there she had the phoenix in tow and Wanda probably carried the lions share of that feat. She is noted as a Power Manipulation Omega in Hox, but that's what Rogue has been doing pretty well for the past 30 years of publication, I've got a whole cabinet of comics depicting it!

It's very early days for Hox and Hickman granted, and some of those Omegas are dubious, to say the least, there are some blatant overlaps to some of those categories, and powers like teleportation (another freaking useful mutation for any lifeform) have not been acknowledged either, but the book has fired a few blanks already. I don't want no hierarchy bullshit in my X-Men please.

This ain't about me wanting Rogue to be an Omega, I don't give a hoot about who's the most powerful, it's about wanting some realization from the creators of these mutants books of how some characters mutations truly are evolutionary advancements for humans, and to remind us that the fear and prejudice that these characters receive is unfounded and backwards.

And for the love of God, involve Rogue in some inspirational stories about her mutation and force of character.

PS Wow lots posts to read above, cool.
    I totally agree with you, and that's why Kelly wanted to continue writing about Rogue if anyone knows, how crazy and the unlimited potential of Rogue's powers is she, heck even Remender knew it, do you remember the celestial thing? There it is clear that Rogue >>> any omega mutant (within the Franklin xmen I think are major words, unless she steals power) within that list, and her powers are just in full exploration and increase.

I do not want it unusable, but it is clear from feats that Rogue is more powerful today (and has happened to him) than almost all "the omegas mutants of that list" more powerful than all those within the xmen is, and It is something we know.

And with Hope as we said Rogue has always been much more powerful than her, and Hope is full of limitations Rogue does not have them, she is much more than a power impersonator, and in that specific facet Rogue has proven to be much better and much more powerful that Hope, even Rogue with its powers locked, which are no longer there, are on the rise and have controld on them, and are also evolving.

I thought it was pure crap not to see Rogue on such a list, because being there or not, she has already shown she is more powerful than most there.

I do not see Jean, Bobby, Hope (current), storm among others, beat them alone to a full squad of avengers .... and Rogue has done it alone in addition to an occasion.

Well let's hope this is just the beginning, but I hope Hickman or in the excalibur book give him the status and importance that we know Rogue's powers have.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Rogue is still super powerful. But Hope is an Omega level mutant. No one is disputing Rogue's feats or her recent power upgrade it's just that Hope has the potential to outstrip her in the power manipulation department.
    It is precisely our complaint, Rogue is not yet confrimated, and even without being, it is known for the last 5 years of comics (not to be cruel and take all the exploits of Rogue).

Rogue is much much really much more powerful than Hope, Rogue if he has demonstrated unlimited potential Hope is very limited, Hope only has one power, Rogue within absorption has several powers related to absorption (thanks xml) and now he can even attack at a distance.

It is not a discussion in Acts in Mutant Power Rogue >>>>>>>>>>> Hope.

And only by analyzing the powers of mimicry, because Hope only has that, Rogue has much more than just mimicry of power, because only by taking the mimicry, Rogue has in fact been much more powerful and of greater potential.

Acts are worth more, and in Rogue hehcos is much more powerful than the overvalued Hope, really only with the powers of WM without taking absorption and Rogue is much more powerful than Hope XD

Um, not sure on this, Rogues the one to have been seen to be able to utilize the power that she has absorbed differently/more advanced than the character that she's taken it from, that's why she was a trainer/tutor to the younger characters in Legacy, she didn't have the mental resistance (limitations/fears) of the person who's power she has absorbed, so has been shown to manipulate the others powers more effectively than Hope has ever shown.

We're not being childish in saying that Rogue is all powerful, buddy, we're saying that we've seen Rogue be all powerful in these books that we've been purchasing for years.

True dat!

Yeah, but I'm outright saying the Omega categories offered so far are limited Teleportation absolutely should be recognized, it's 'life as we know it' enriching/advancing/progressive and in the wrong organisms hands could be just as catastrophic as reality warping or power manipulation.

And another thing, a lot of those listed Omega categories have obvious limitations, as they are limited by matter or the presence of other beings (for telepathy and power manipulations)
    Bravo, that and I just say, Rogue she was increasingly advanced in control, and Hope proved to be very mediocre handling multiple powers, while Rogue we know is excellent in January, and does not wear out when she does, Hope yes, where You see Hope is super limited, so that list is just crap, and hopefully Hickman notices, and gives the southern respect it deserves.

The discrimination remark was 'tongue in cheek', mostly, with a hint of truth.
    We all do it, we all think we want archetypes and stereotypes, we find stability in thinking we know all there is to know about characters, people, regions, we simplify things, it's not a necessarily a 'bad' thing to do, but is limiting.

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree on the telepathy vs teleportation limiting factors, as I've always seen telepathy as being time and space limited, I can only think of Rachel/Revenant during Age of X and DOFP as an example of a telepath spanning time and space, mutant telepaths don't get depicted as being able to communicate with alien beings across the solar system, galaxies or universe, it's always only ever localized within earth or vicinity of minds, and Telepathy really does need another mind/conscience to be of any use to the character/species.

It's those words 'potential' and 'undefinable upper limits' that trigger me, in regards to Rogues dominant power, her 'potential' is astronomic and therefore when they chose to put Power Manipulation as an Omega category, then absolutely Rogue should of been there before Hope.

[redacted rant tearing chunks out of Hopes stories, uniqueness of character design and success as a character] it ain't her fault.

Consider Rogue like Jean was considered in the explanation of omegas in Hox;

Jean has Telepathy and Telekinesis, but Omega as a Telepath
    Rogue has Absorption (transfer of energy - albeit one way) and Power Manipulation (through her own DNA mutating and mimicing)

Jeans dominant power was telekinesis, telepathy came later for her through retcons and stories, which means subsequent canon/stories have been acknowledged for Jean to be deemed the omega Telepath. Why no such acknowledgement of Rogues subsequent canon/stories.

Rogues absorption is the aspect of her mutation that she has had trouble with, but power manipulation is something that hasn't troubled her, apart from the usual getting to grips with a new power. She has the 'potential' to do anything that the mutated dna that she is mimicking can do.
    Amazing, we know she is an unconfirmed omega, we just need someone to finally put the obvious on paper, but we know Rogue is better than Hope in the only aspect she shares, because as I said Rogue they have several sub powers within the absorption, Hope simply mimics And now, and it is also very limited.

Wherever you see it makes no sense.

We also know the power of Rogue is just growing, even in its immature and blocked state was already extremely powerful and of a unique potential, now that her powers have years to move forward? I think it's obvious there is a big gap in that litsa, and we know that Southern should be there.

___

I insisting Kelly that he made it incredible with the powers of Rogue, all of the flying brick and especially those of absorption, that even evolution and control returned to her, but I think that taking out Kelly Rogue receives much better treatment with the Avengers, which it's sad.

But let's wait to see.