Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Spent some of the money I've been saving not buying new comics: purchased Avengers Annual #10. Yeah, that Avengers Annual #10. Pricey, but I've wanted it for years. Finally pulled the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Spent some of the money I've been saving not buying new comics: purchased Avengers Annual #10. Yeah, that Avengers Annual #10. Pricey, but I've wanted it for years. Finally pulled the trigger.
    Yes, I own an original copy of Avengers Annual #10 as well as a reprint in the 1996 one-shot X-Men Firsts, as well as the one, included my Essential Ms.Marvel.
    Last week Marvel put out a reprint of Avengers Annual #10 for a dollar that in my opinion the cover was CRINGEWORTHFULLY defaced to promote Captain Marvel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mikeb; 03-13-2019 at 04:57 AM.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Congrats! I'm hoping to pick up a copy for myself so I can get it signed by Claremont when I go to a con he's going to be at in a couple weeks.
    Make Good Art

Excellent choice. An all-time classic which I enjoyed to the utmost. If he's still in the business, Michael Golden should definitely do more artwork.

Thanks, y'all. I didn't get into the X-Men until '85 and missed several of the first appearances. Figured I'd get this one since it's still in the affordable range.

Rogue has at least three new Heroclix figures coming this year

An Xtas set

A X-Men regenesis mini set

and she'll be a limited edition figure, probably using one of the above sculpts or maybe the UA version as seen below
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 03-14-2019 at 05:24 AM.

past figures;

Oh, wow! I've never been too crazy about Heroclix because I feel like the paint jobs are usually pretty hit or miss, but I'm going to have to pick one of those up regardless.
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post

OK, everyone knows that's not how her powers work.

Who signed off on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Oh, wow! I've never been too crazy about Heroclix because I feel like the paint jobs are usually pretty hit or miss, but I'm going to have to pick one of those up regardless.
    Yep the paint jobs have been awful at times, but they've gotten better, the eyes are normally in place now!
    I'm lenient with them on paint jobs though, as it's a job that I don't envy at all, I haven't got the patience to paint one let alone hundreds of the blighters

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    OK, everyone knows that's not how her powers work.

Who signed off on this?
    How do you mean?

But yeah, Rogues powers on the figures have never been quite right, never the right powers to the sculpt/costume, she's one of a very few characters that the game designers seem to really struggle with.

It's why I would like to have some stability and clarity on her powers. I want her playable in games. She was fun to play in X-men Legends but not comic accurate. Marvel Heroes did her well but I got bored of the game pretty quick, and I lost patience with Contest of Champions so never got to play her. CoC sheesh I swear it could read my mind and give me the least interesting characters every single time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post

How do you mean?

But yeah, Rogues powers on the figures have never been quite right, never the right powers to the sculpt/costume, she's one of a very few characters that the game designers seem to really struggle with.

It's why I would like to have some stability and clarity on her powers. I want her playable in games. She was fun to play in X-men Legends but not comic accurate. Marvel Heroes did her well but I got bored of the game pretty quick, and I lost patience with Contest of Champions so never got to play her. CoC sheesh I swear it could read my mind and give me the least interesting characters every single time!
    They have her draining Gambit's power to charge that rock and he's still standing instead off keeled over. Seems like that would be a counterproductive combat strategy to ay the least.

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    They have her draining Gambit's power to charge that rock and he's still standing instead off keeled over. Seems like that would be a counterproductive combat strategy to ay the least.
    That's true. I know she was able to do that when she had control in Gambit's solo that Asmus wrote. I don't recall her having control when she had this costume though
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    That's true. I know she was able to do that when she had control in Gambit's solo that Asmus wrote. I don't recall her having control when she had this costume though

She was still in "Classic Rogue" mode with this uniform, before all of the ill-advised removal / tampering with her powers.

The whole Revolution era was very underappreciated in my opinion.

I really enjoyed it, Claremont writing, great art from Lenil Yu, one of Rogue's coolest uniforms, and she was team leader.

1061323.jpg

I'm gonna need to find and read revolution era,
    I've always struggled to get into retro comics art, so I've given precedence to current art styles and books, so my back catalog is sparse of anything before about 15 years ago.

I've been trying to find the scene between Rogue and Cyclops that I mentioned that I liked, turns out that it wasn't the rooftop San Fran riot, I found that one but it wasn't the right scene, but found this one from X-Men legacy #260

current resurrected uncanny Cyclops might owe our Roguey some humble pie
    #roguewasright

Credits;
    Writer Mike Carey
    Penciled by Khoi Pham
    Colored by Antonio Fabela
    Editor Daniel Ketchum
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 03-16-2019 at 03:05 AM. Reason: added credits