Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Emma and Rogue friendship !

Thats the best undeveloped xfriendship ever.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    She was still in "Classic Rogue" mode with this uniform, before all of the ill-advised removal / tampering with her powers.

The whole Revolution era was very underappreciated in my opinion.

I really enjoyed it, Claremont writing, great art from Lenil Yu, one of Rogue's coolest uniforms, and she was team leader.

Attachment 79791
    Oh yeah! I still have a couple of these issues (although, they're a little worse for wear). That was a really enjoyable run
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Emma and Rogue friendship

Thats the best undeveloped xfriendship ever.
    Neglected or underutilized I'd say rather than undeveloped (pfft, I blame Bendis, ha ha!)

Their friendship has been developed more so than any other x-female friendship.

Jean and Storm don't seem to have had much build-up to a friendship or friction, even when it would've been more realistic and understandable to us readers to see, considering some plots they've gone through or witnessed between each other.

I find Rogue and Emma much more dynamic and exciting to read together

Ironically given her beginnings with the X-Men, Rogue has/should have become 'through canon' not 'nostalgia' and 'fanaticism' a linchpin between the x-females, as Nightcrawler is between the men.

Her only weaker links would be to Jean and possibly Psylocke , but that's understandable given Jeans absence. I'd love a Psylocke and Rogue adventure.

This from the X-Men Red annual has been left ambiguous for too long

On first read I took it as a positive, Jean was proud of her, or gathered from the others a pride at Rogues UA achievements

but, is Rogue bashful here, or side-eyeing lil miss perfect Jean! I don't honestly know!
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 03-16-2019 at 06:18 AM.

BANNED

Glad to see the comicbook character Rogue depicted with a hood!

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #179 Mar 1984
    "What Happened to Kitty!"
    Continued from last issue...

The Morlocks have captured Kitty Pryde and are now preparing her for a forced marriage to Caliban.
    Having left the X-Men to believe that Kitty had died falling off the roof of the Baxter Building, Storm, Wolverine and Rogue go to examine the body.
    Wolverine tells his comrades that he girl on the morgue slab before them is not Kitty, making Storm wonder who
    could have captured her and why they went through such trouble to make the other X-Men think that she was dead.

Meanwhile at the X-Mansion, Nightcrawler examines Colossus's frozen body and cannot detect a heart beat,
    making him, Professor X, Illyana and Amanda Sefton wonder if even in his armored form he could have survived being frozen.
    Their examination is interrupted when Storm contacts the Professor telepathically and tells him of the news surrounding "Kitty's" death.
    Before she can tell him whom she believes is behind the capture the Professor is
    struck by a powerful mental probe by some alien force of great power and passes out.

Down in the Morlock Tunnels, Kitty snaps out of her stupor to find that the Morlocks are attempting to marry her off to Caliban.
    When she attempts to resist, Callisto points out that when she was down in the tunnels previously,
    she promised to do whatever Caliban wanted if he helped her. Caliban wished to marry the girl,
    and Callisto is trying to bind her to her promise, even though Caliban realizes that the girl could never love him.
    When Kitty attempts to flee into the sewers she comes across the young Morlock named Leech who is lost and scared in the tunnels.
    She decides to lead the boy back and agrees to honor her promise.

Before the ceremony, Masque is brought in to alter Kitty's face so that she is deformed like all the Morlocks.
    However, when Masque's despisement of all things pretty makes him torment her, Callisto orders him to stop and change her back to normal.
    As the wedding ceremony begins, it is interrupted by the arrival of Storm, Rogue and Wolverine.

A brief battle begins between the X-Men and the Morlocks before Kitty stops them and explains her
    promise to Caliban and reminds them that saving Colossus is more important that fighting each other.

A solution is soon made: Taking Callisto and the Morlock known as the Healer back to the X-Mansion, the Professor has Rogue absorb Colossus's powers.

When the Russian mutant reverts back to his human form the Healer then uses his powers to heal his wounds.
    With Peter recovering in the infirmary, Kitty leaves to return to the Morlock tunnels
    giving Illyana letters for her parents and Peter to explain what happened.
    When she goes down she is met by Caliban, who tells her that he realizes that it is not right to force
    her to marry him or stay in the Morlock tunnels against her will and releases her from her promise.
    Before departing, he gives the young mutant a single rose before returning to the tunnels.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by John Romita, Jr. and Dan Green.

So from the AiPT X-Men Monday interview with JDW

AiPT!: Alright, now for some character questions. Rogue and Gambit… meerah (@roguesugah) asked if these newlyweds would be on any team books coming up.

Jordan: So, again… you see how this would be considered a spoiler, right? If I had a book planned for later this year that had them as members that has not been announced or solicited yet, then me telling you the true fact that they are members of it is a spoiler. If I revealed that, I would just have to hope the writer of that book would not be mad at me for it, especially if it’s a team they’ve never been a part of before.

woot! woot!

Who? what? where? Why?

Possibilities galore; X-Bolts, Excalibur, Defenders, Hellfire Club, X-force, Alpha Flight, All-New all Different team, Power Pack.....nah, scrap that last one!

Talking myself down to earth again though JDW says "If I had a book planned for later this year", so maybe not as finalized and definite and could be towards the end of the year, dammit I crashed!, but hey ho, go with the flo', amirite?

What are your hopes and dreams peeps?

PS Thanks meerah (@roguesugah) you brilliant being you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post

AiPT!: Alright, now for some character questions. Rogue and Gambit… meerah (@roguesugah) asked if these newlyweds would be on any team books coming up.

Jordan: So, again… you see how this would be considered a spoiler, right? If I had a book planned for later this year that had them as members that has not been announced or solicited yet, then me telling you the true fact that they are members of it is a spoiler. If I revealed that, I would just have to hope the writer of that book would not be mad at me for it, especially if it’s a team they’ve never been a part of before.

woot! woot!

Who? what? where? Why?

Possibilities galore; X-Bolts, Excalibur, Defenders, Hellfire Club, X-force, Alpha Flight, All-New all Different team, Power Pack.....nah, scrap that last one!

Talking myself down to earth again though JDW says "If I had a book planned for later this year", so maybe not as finalized and definite and could be towards the end of the year, dammit I crashed!, but hey ho, go with the flo', amirite?

no longer written by Kelly Thompson... Rogue and Gambit as a domestic couple don't work for me...
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

woot! woot!

Who? what? where? Why?

Maybe Fantastic Four?
    Just need 2 other folks, I like a small team like that so each character can get more focus.

woot! woot!

Who? what? where? Why?

for gif reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6nczQNvw5E&t=257s

In other more troublesome news, lets head over to Captain unlikeable Marvel;

[spoiler/=test[/spoiler]

Ah Dang it,

I can't do spoiler tags so, close your eyes if you don't want to see the results

Yikes, I like Rogues look here, but the words trouble me.
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 03-20-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    no longer written by Kelly Thompson... Rogue and Gambit as a domestic couple don't work for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by sbo View Post
    Maybe Fantastic Four?
    Just need 2 other folks, I like a small team like that so each character can get more focus.
    I'll post my thoughts tomorrow, when I'm less knackered,
    but thanks for the reply's for the time being

In other more troublesome news, lets head over to Captain unlikeable Marvel;

[spoiler/=test[/spoiler]

Ah Dang it,

I can't do spoiler tags so, close your eyes if you don't want to see the results

Yikes, I like Rogues look here, but the words trouble me.
    Rogue's action's here make no sense. Rogue has felt nothing but overwhelming guilt over what happened between her and Carol for more than 35 years. Somehow Nuclear man has manipulated Rogue with his will weakening ray. (It's nice to see Rogue pack wallop though. ) I think Carol will end up using psychology to defuse Rogue. Carol's first instint would be to smash Rogue into bits. But I think Carol will try to get to the root cause of Rogue's hostility. Carol may even come clean about a long hidden secret about what happened in the past between the two of them to set Rogue free.
    Why is Nuclear man using Rogue like this against Rogue? Does he want Carol dead? Unlikely. This guy is a male supremacist straight out the Archie Bunker 1970s. This guy wants Carol to be his bride. But first, she has to be made broken in spirit and become submissive. How does Rogue fit in? Carol is put into a kill or be killed situation. If Carol is forced to kill Rogue (who is mostly likely being controled by N Man) it would break her emotionly by being forced to kill an innocent person. If Rogue wins, the leader of the rebellion is eliminated. Either way, N Man wins. Now as far as Carol goes about history repeating itself I believe the real question is: Am I willing to sacrifice an innocent for my own self preservation?
    Last edited by mikeb; 03-20-2019 at 06:05 PM.

Mind control+Kelly Thompson's writing... Bring back Duggan is all I'm saying
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Rogue from an alternate universe?

It could be an alternative Rogue, I like her already!
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 03-21-2019 at 11:42 AM.