Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why is this out before Mr and Mrs X #10, which it clearly spoils?
    I wonder if we l will also find out here if she can control this new power consciously?

I know this is the Rogue thread, but those panels make me ask...

WHAT THE EVER-LOVING **** IS IT WITH MARVEL PUTTING CAROL IN BREEDING RAPE STORIES?!?!?!?

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Why is Thompson so inconsistent with Rogue’s voice? Either write the accent or don’t.
    I realized that KT's Rogue uses accent when it comes to past memories, when she had not lost much of her accent or when she's nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Why is Thompson so inconsistent with Rogue’s voice? Either write the accent or don’t.
    Yep, I was getting majorly pissed at the first 4ish issues of MMX where Rogue just didn't (to me) sound like Rogue. One example was she was saying sweetie and honey to Xandra instead of sugah. Sugah is as much Rogue as her white hair streak is. If haters are gonna hate her sayin sugah then fudge em, they aren't likely to be buying the book so why pander to them! have Rogue say sugah! dammit (it's a short enough 'catchphrase' as not to be too bothersome)

On the accents, Kelly has explained to be fair to her, that she does write both Rogue and Gambit as having softened their accents realistically after they've been away from their home states for so long. Personally I'd prefer if she kept Rogue saying Ah for I and that's enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why is this out before Mr and Mrs X #10, which it clearly spoils?
    I don't think we've been given any chronology info, this Captain Marvel appearance could be be before the Mojo World arc.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    It's not as a bride, per se, he wants Carol ONLY to give him powerful children. In other words, Carol is nothing more than BREAKING STOCK! (I guess he sees her for the COW she is! )
    Yeah, I'm not convinced, I wouldn't . Marvel are pulling out all the stops to try to convince us all that Carol is SO DESIRABLE, yeah, no thanks Marvel I'm alright .

Don't get me wrong, they have given Carol some great stuff (I say begrudgingly) such as the Alpha Flight space station and her re-design (the space suit mohawk look is gorgeous) but they've equally ham-stringed her likability with Civil War 2, her Kree heritage and her general controlling and arrogant demeanor, luckily Nuclear man is just some Z-list grunt that Marvel isn't ruining with this 80ties chad type behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Yep, I was getting majorly pissed at the first 4ish issues of MMX where Rogue just didn't (to me) sound like Rogue. One example was she was saying sweetie and honey to Xandra instead of sugah. Sugah is as much Rogue as her white hair streak is. If haters are gonna hate her sayin sugah then fudge em, they aren't likely to be buying the book so why pander to them! have Rogue say sugah! dammit (it's a short enough 'catchphrase' as not to be too bothersome)

On the accents, Kelly has explained to be fair to her, that she does write both Rogue and Gambit as having softened their accents realistically after they've been away from their home states for so long. Personally I'd prefer if she kept Rogue saying Ah for I and that's enough for me.

I don't think we've been given any chronology info, this Captain Marvel appearance could be be before the Mojo World arc.

Yeah, I'm not convinced, I wouldn't . Marvel are pulling out all the stops to try to convince us all that Carol is SO DESIRABLE, yeah, no thanks Marvel I'm alright .

Don't get me wrong, they have given Carol some great stuff (I say begrudgingly) such as the Alpha Flight space station and her re-design (the space suit mohawk look is gorgeous) but they've equally ham-stringed her likability with Civil War 2, her Kree heritage and her general controlling and arrogant demeanor, luckily Nuclear man is just some Z-list grunt that Marvel isn't ruining with this 80ties chad type behavior.
    At least they made it really clear that Rogue was being controlled like everyone else under Nuclear Man's control. I am going to cross my fingers and think that they want both Rogue and Carol to come out of this looking like heroes so I expect somehow Carol is going to break Rogue's collar and then it will probably be Rogue who takes down Nuclear Man, or helps Carol do it. Since Rogue can drain him of his powers and undo the bubble around Manhattan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I know this is the Rogue thread, but those panels make me ask...

WHAT THE EVER-LOVING **** IS IT WITH MARVEL PUTTING CAROL IN BREEDING RAPE STORIES?!?!?!?
    To be fair, in this story a) the characters know he’s a rapist b) he won’t succeed and c) he will get his butt kicked by carol (and possibly rogue too.) So it’s very different from the Marcus story.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    At least they made it really clear that Rogue was being controlled like everyone else under Nuclear Man's control. I am going to cross my fingers and think that they want both Rogue and Carol to come out of this looking like heroes so I expect somehow Carol is going to break Rogue's collar and then it will probably be Rogue who takes down Nuclear Man, or helps Carol do it. Since Rogue can drain him of his powers and undo the bubble around Manhattan.
    I wish with all my heart!! make it so!! pretty please!!!

too be fair, and I am considerate to Carols fans wanting her to be the hero in her own book but Rogue has for some time been depicted has having strong resistance and having been trained well by Xavier to counter mind control (Emma has stated this, Pleasant Hill showed us this and Red Skull having to work hard over some time to control her) so Carol fans shouldn't cry foul if Rogue does at very least help herself out of his control. The thought of Rogue being submissed by this douche is enough to warrant a big fightback from Rogue.

Kelly Thompson did state months ago that Rogues appearance in CM should gain her some new fans, whether this just means the new CM readers after the movies release or a feat by Rogue or just a new more co-operative dynamic with Carol remains to be seen. Kelly is on a tightrope on this one, I get that, so I'll take it as it comes.

I wish with all my heart!! make it so!! pretty please!!!

too be fair, and I am considerate to Carols fans wanting her to be the hero in her own book but Rogue has for some time been depicted has having strong resistance and having been trained well by Xavier to counter mind control (Emma has stated this, Pleasant Hill showed us this and Red Skull having to work hard over some time to control her) so Carol fans shouldn't cry foul if Rogue does at very least help herself out of his control. The thought of Rogue being submissed by this douche is enough to warrant a big fightback from Rogue.

Kelly Thompson did state months ago that Rogues appearance in CM should gain her some new fans, whether this just means the new CM readers after the movies release or a feat by Rogue or just a new more co-operative dynamic with Carol remains to be seen. Kelly is on a tightrope on this one, I get that, so I'll take it as it comes.
    I have a feeling that bringing Rogue in is because they want to have it that Rogue and Carol take down Nuclear Man together as a team. It goes with the whole positive message of the book of bringing the female characters together.

At least they made it really clear that Rogue was being controlled like everyone else under Nuclear Man's control. I am going to cross my fingers and think that they want both Rogue and Carol to come out of this looking like heroes so I expect somehow Carol is going to break Rogue's collar and then it will probably be Rogue who takes down Nuclear Man or helps Carol do it. Since Rogue can drain him of his powers and undo the bubble around Manhattan.
    I believe N man is using Rogue as a pawn to play Carol for an ABSOLUTE FOOL. Poor, naive Carol is going to having to start asking herself some questions, for example, "How does a balancing of the scales with Rogue benefit N man?" This guy is an arrogant, power-hungry control freak. Also, this guy sure knows a lot about Rogue and Carol's past. But what information has he not disclosed? Funny thing is he's leaving out the events that led up to encounter. What if he has information about Carol before the encounter? Something he could use as a form of manipulative leverage over Carol should she kill Rogue. N man wants not only for Carol to be his "bride" and to give him "powerful children" but wants her broken spiritually and emotionally. Making Carol face the truth about why what happened all those years ago with Rogue after being in denial for so long, and Rogue ending up dead for no justifiable reason could end up "breaking" Carol.

Really liking Carol's inner dialogue here about Rogue. Admitting that they will never truly be friends but acknowledging that she has been become truly great hero is a really nice thing to read.

I think it's obvious that these two will end up taking him down together

I have a feeling that bringing Rogue in is because they want to have it that Rogue and Carol take down Nuclear Man together as a team. It goes with the whole positive message of the book of bringing the female characters together.
    A ha, great point!

I'm wondering now how Jessica will be towards Rogue. Hmmm...... probably Carol will be the 'peace keeper' *shudders*.
    I'll be glad when it's all over, I tell ya. Carol is nuthin' but trouble to a Rogue fan

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I believe N man is using Rogue as a pawn to play Carol for an ABSOLUTE FOOL. Poor, naive Carol is going to having to start asking herself some questions, for example, "How does a balancing of the scales with Rogue benefit N man?" This guy is an arrogant, power-hungry control freak. Also, this guy sure knows a lot about Rogue and Carol's past. But what information has he not disclosed? Funny thing is he's leaving out the events that led up to encounter. What if he has information about Carol before the encounter? Something he could use as a form of manipulative leverage over Carol should she kill Rogue. N man wants not only for Carol to be his "bride" and to give him "powerful children" but wants her broken spiritually and emotionally. Making Carol face the truth about why what happened all those years ago with Rogue after being in denial for so long, and Rogue ending up dead for no justifiable reason could end up "breaking" Carol.
    Is this absolutely definitely 616 Rogue? if not then a death is very likely. And quite frankly i'll be a bit miffed as to having given a CM book so much consideration

I know that there is some short of temporal time bubble over Roosevelt island, and that this CM appearance could of happened around the time of the 'party' issue of MMX or maybe this was meant to coincide with the Guild arc of MMX originally. So it must be 616 Rogue, there is no alternative universe shenanigans going on, Echo is Echo, Jess is Jess.
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 04-07-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Is this absolutely definitely 616 Rogue? if not then a death is very likely. And quite frankly i'll be a bit miffed as to having given a CM book so much consideration

I know that there is some short of temporal time bubble over Roosevelt island, and that this CM appearance could of happened around the time of the 'party' issue of MMX or maybe this was meant to coincide with the Guild arc of MMX originally. So it must be 616 Rogue, there is no alternative universe shenanigans going on, Echo is Echo, Jess is Jess.
    Of course, Rogue isn't going to end up dead. I think Carol will see through his scheme. But I think it will cause Carol to do some deep down soul searching for herself and have to finally deal with why the real reason why what went down between Rogue and her so long ago. It could be something akin to what we saw in MMX#9 about Rogue's emotional state during the encounter, but from Carol's perspective. Especially after the impact that whole Marcus quagmire had on her.

A ha, great point!

I'm wondering now how Jessica will be towards Rogue. Hmmm...... probably Carol will be the 'peace keeper' *shudders*.
    I'll be glad when it's all over, I tell ya. Carol is nuthin' but trouble to a Rogue fan
    Funny thing: back in UXM#202-206, the X-Men, Rogue included, were staying with Jessica Drew in San Fransico. Jessica NEVER brought up the subject of what happened with Rogue and Carol or expressed any anger or resentment towards Rogue.

I would love that. I’m sure it’s a weird critique to others, but as a Mississippian who also moved away from home, it’s really hard to lose the accent. Even if you work at it, the ah’s and the -in’s don’t really go away. I loved the way Leah Williams (another Mississippian!) wrote her accent in the Emma one-shot.