Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I don't think N man would want Rogue for a bride. Rogue is a lot sassier than the Yankee Witch!
    NEVER gets old LOL!

Well ............. What did you think of CM?

I'm gonna leave it a couple of days to spill, as not to spoil

I will say though,
    Great, Gorgeous, Fun and so on and so forth art by Carmen Carnero and Tamra Bonvillian, and loved the designs for the characters - Powers of X take notes

Rogue Fan since the 80's Sandman813's Avatar

Can't wait to read Captain Marvel#10
    KRAKOA MUST FALL

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Well ............. What did you think of CM?

I'm gonna leave it a couple of days to spill, as not to spoil

I will say though,
    Great, Gorgeous, Fun and so on and so forth art by Carmen Carnero and Tamra Bonvillian, and loved the designs for the characters - Powers of X take notes
    I felt so bad for Carol and Rogue. I hope there isn't lasting harm to them from this.
    spoilers:
    I think Rogue would probably not be able to handle having Carol in her head permanently again, especially knowing some villain forced them into this situation. Hopefully Rogue can reverse the transfer. At least Rogue was able to free herself by switching into Carol mode to beat the mind control device. I just felt so bad for Rogue, they really portrayed that she was breaking down emotionally because she was being forced to do this to Carol.
    end of spoilers

Rogue twice kicked Carol's butt in this book with or without mind control I'm confused with that.

Carol had to resort to going to unirinos, because she knew how to defeat Rogue, much less kill her, and with the powers of WM is far superior to Carol, now she adds her absorption powers (which have always been more powerful than anything have carol) and also the new ability to drain away.

If Carol did not join with Rogue CAROL FINISHED DEAD.

But it was fun to see Rogue mopping the floor with carol in the two fights that XD had.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    Rogue twice kicked Carol's butt in this book with or without mind control I'm confused with that.

Carol had to resort to going to unirinos, because she knew how to defeat Rogue, much less kill her, and with the powers of WM is far superior to Carol, now she adds her absorption powers (which have always been more powerful than anything have carol) and also the new ability to drain away.

If Carol did not join with Rogue CAROL FINISHED DEAD.

But it was fun to see Rogue mopping the floor with carol in the two fights that XD had.
    OK now I'm SOLD. I must have, What CM books did this happen in. Of COURSE I will have a friend purchase them for me, for I will not use my own money to fund CM

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman813 View Post
    Can't wait to read Captain Marvel#10
    Hello Sandman813

What's your take/preference on Rogues new(ish) powerset?

I can see some positives and negatives so am a bit confused/apathetic/meh/excited/eager, so probably mostly confused

I'd be interested to know what you're thinking, as a longtime Rogue fan

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I felt so bad for Carol and Rogue. I hope there isn't lasting harm to them from this.
    I think Kelly Thompson would prefer to leave things between these two on a higher note than too leave any lasting damage between the two. The CM book is a new venture for her so I'd think Kelly wouldn't want to linger too much on any negatives. I found the Rogue vs Carol pages to be exciting/captivating/dare I say 'emotional' .....pfft.....I ain't a girl *muttley laugh*

I need to re-read and maybe post highlights in this thread soon

Your thoughts in the romy thread were on point, iirc

I'm itchin' to have Rogue react to Rachels predicament. Ahab gave Rogue a bit of a beating when they fought just before AXIS, and Rachel will always hold a special place in my affections as she was the ONLY character to acknowledge Rogue during those bleak/frustrating/somber months that Rogue was killed in Uncanny Avengers. I'm hopin' Rogue returns the concern for Rachels whereabouts, she dam well will in my head canon.

Gracias for your posts Juan678, you get goodies from all over the web and contribute some wonderful art and articles to many threads, Cheers bub!

The Cody pages from this article got me

I don't give that storyline the consideration it deserves as part of Rogues history

I really loved this Rogue costume (age of X), I wouldn't mind seeing it came back, what did you guys think about it? what's your favorite?

LegacyReaper.jpg e0065b992223fdb1521e780e80dfb35d.jpg rogue__age_of_x__by_dristin007-dbx4tv8.jpg
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I really loved this Rogue costume (age of X), I wouldn't mind seeing it came back, what did you guys think about it? what's your favorite?

LegacyReaper.jpg e0065b992223fdb1521e780e80dfb35d.jpg rogue__age_of_x__by_dristin007-dbx4tv8.jpg
    Hell yeah!

It was a great look that gave Reaper/Legacy a lot of intrigue. I loved pretty much all of Clay Manns designs in Age of X.

Magma, Gambit, Cyclops, Rachel, Dust, Pixie, Domino, Sunspot, Moonstar, Legion, Northstar, Vertigo, Tempo, Karma, Frenzy, Hellion, Wolverine, Storm, Warpath, and Psylocke, all great looks and especially Dazzler

Even the less drastic changes like Magneto, Colossus, Cypher, Jubilee, Namor, Chamber and Unuscone were creative and great looks.

The only downside to Age of X, was that it became confined to Legions head! If he survives the AOXM event maybe AOX could get a sequel some day, *fingers crossed*

I'm usually kinda mutable on Rogues look, as long as it is interesting, which lets face it, I mean attractive, I'm good. The artist drawing it has the ability to draw any outfit in a appealing way.

Some pics to pick from

Credit to skyboy16 for this great work
    https://www.deviantart.com/skyboy16/...umes-273849900

This UA look made me sit up and take notice, at the time it was teased, I may or may not of squealed in delight! It has been de-sexyfied since though, bah killjoys

Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 04-13-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Hell yeah!

It was a great look that gave Reaper/Legacy a lot of intrigue. I loved pretty much all of Clay Manns designs in Age of X.

Magma, Gambit, Cyclops, Rachel, Dust, Pixie, Domino, Sunspot, Moonstar, Legion, Northstar, Vertigo, Tempo, Karma, Frenzy, Hellion, Wolverine, Storm, Warpath, and Psylocke, all great looks and especially Dazzler

Even the less drastic changes like Magneto, Colossus, Cypher, Jubilee, Namor, Chamber and Unuscone were creative and great looks.

The only downside to Age of X, was that it became confined to Legions head! If he survives the AOXM event maybe AOX could get a sequel some day, *fingers crossed*

I'm usually kinda mutable on Rogues look, as long as it is interesting, which lets face it, I mean attractive, I'm good. The artist drawing it has the ability to draw any outfit in a appealing way.

Some pics to pick from

This looked made me sit up and take notice, at the time it was teased, I may or may not of squealed in delight! It has been de-sexyfied since though, bah killjoys

oooh yhea I remeber loving that costume but then they added the black shirt under her uniform and it kinda ruined the design, I also have fond memories of all the punk rogue costumes from the claremont era
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

I liked the AoX look but don’t know if she’d want to go back to it, because it was from a ‘fake’ life.
    Jelly Thompson’s explanation for this was, that since she only ever spoke French once and it was after absorbing North Star. So the French was just what she remembered from absorbing him and it faded afterwards. Which makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    I liked the AoX look but don’t know if she’d want to go back to it, because it was from a ‘fake’ life.

Jelly Thompson’s explanation for this was, that since she only ever spoke French once and it was after absorbing North Star. So the French was just what she remembered from absorbing him and it faded afterwards. Which makes sense.
    She spoke French during Carey's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    oooh yhea I remeber loving that costume but then they added the black shirt under her uniform and it kinda ruined the design, I also have fond memories of all the punk rogue costumes from the claremont era
    Uh-huh absolutely, my neck is beginning to hurt from my fervent nods of agreement

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post

Kelly Thompson’s explanation for this was, that since she only ever spoke French once and it was after absorbing North Star. So the French was just what she remembered from absorbing him and it faded afterwards. Which makes sense.
    Ah, that does makes sense, Thanks

I'd like some confirmation on Rogues part that not all info and thoughts fade, at some point.

If she consciously contemplates things while with the absorbed psyche, those thoughts should/could be remembered at some point, obviously not everything, I'd go stark raving bonkers if I would remember all thoughts ever had, but once in a while a memory of a process, idea, technique or subject comes back. Rogue is kinda like a bookworm that hasn't needed to read extensively on varying subjects, her absorptions have done that! That's true of the psychic characters too, well the ones that are interested in knowledge, I suppose

double post
    Last edited by mikeb; 04-13-2019 at 02:10 PM.